Fix the BG scoring

Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Member Posts: 390 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

How is it possible to win the fight, while the opponent loses, and ultimately losing the round?

Can there be some more thought into the scoring system going forward Kabam?

Comments

• Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Member Posts: 390 ★★★

You lost 85% of your health, he lost 10%.

You got your opponent down 100%, he got his opponent down 95%.

The health difference is 75 percentage points in his favour, the defender is 5 percentage points in your favour.

Looks like he did better overall to me.

Thank you Captain Obvious!...clearly you don't know how to see the bigger picture

Isn't the point to win the match?

The health difference is 75 percentage points in his favour, the defender is 5 percentage points in your favour.

Thank you Captain Obvious!...clearly you don't know how to see the bigger picture

Nope it’s not. It’s to get more points than the opponent.

I’m happy to be Captain Obvious when you’re missing the obvious.
    Lmao. Man! That's pretty thick.

Then no wonder why people are quitting their fights during SP3s...and isn't that the obvious point with this current node?

There needs to be more emphasis on winning the fight than having more health...especially when one person puts the effort into fighting the whole fight and the other is just lazy and quits too soon.

Winning fights is what gets you ahead in all other aspects of the game..obviously speaking
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★

Yes, your opponent scored more points than you= win.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Member Posts: 572 ★★★
    While I agree with most statements saying that more points=win (obviously) I think the exception to that rule is if you die you should not be able to win.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian

While I agree with most statements saying that more points=win (obviously) I think the exception to that rule is if you die you should not be able to win.

I don't think you should not be able to win, but I think there should be a penalty in health points
  • PupkacPupkac Member Posts: 75
    More valuable Is Slower fight without mistakes than panic quick fight full of mistakes. Atleast from my view. Also he had harder match up i Wondera He win ONLY by few points more...
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,355 ★★★★★
    I had thought there should be a KO bonus, but looking over the scoring the KO Bonus is the additional points gained from fight duration.

Scoring seems spot on. Do better next time.
    Pupkac said:

More valuable Is Slower fight without mistakes than panic quick fight full of mistakes. Atleast from my view. Also he had harder match up i Wondera He win ONLY by few points more...

Well you actually lose points for the longer the fight is...so your statement actually contradicts itself.

Then no wonder why people are quitting their fights during SP3s...and isn't that the obvious point with this current node?

There needs to be more emphasis on winning the fight than having more health...especially when one person puts the effort into fighting the whole fight and the other is just lazy and quits too soon.

Winning fights is what gets you ahead in all other aspects of the game..obviously speaking
    Your opponent put their full effort in and didn't quit. They ran out of time. The fact they did better with a 5* attacker than you did with a 6* attacker says more about you than them.
    Ummm....the fight was against Kitty. Who is clearly harder to beat than Kingpin....no matter the star.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,610 Guardian
    IKON said:

I had thought there should be a KO bonus, but looking over the scoring the KO Bonus is the additional points gained from fight duration.

There is a KO bonus, it is called, time elapsed, you don't get any of those points unless you KO the enemy
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

Why are you so irate about this?

You asked how it was possible that you lost, I explained that they don’t just take into account who wins, but how much health and how much time elapses.

It seems odd that this is enough to get you to call others thick and other names, but if you’re that thin skinned then fair enough.

Quitting and pausing is exploiting the match which is being looked at. But if one person wins the match then they do get a bonus, time bonus. You don’t get that for timing out.

As a side note, winning fights isn’t always the be all and end all of scoring. Take AW, you can win more fights than the opponent, but if they have higher diversity than you then you can still lose. Now switch AW for BGs. You can win the fight, but if they have more health than you then you can still use.
    Pikolu said:

IKON said:

There is a KO bonus, it is called, time elapsed, you don't get any of those points unless you KO the enemy
    That’s what he said!

You’re both right. The time bonus is just a KO bonus that is worth progressively less
    the more time it takes to KO the opponent.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★

Your opponent put their full effort in and didn't quit. They ran out of time. The fact they did better with a 5* attacker than you did with a 6* attacker says more about you than them.
    Ummm....the fight was against Kitty. Who is clearly harder to beat than Kingpin....no matter the star.
    Uhhh no. Stay close to her and you don't have to worry about her phasing. You can't exactly do that with KP because you can't reliably parry KP.
  • PupkacPupkac Member Posts: 75

Kidding? Beating kingpin with bwdo Is much harder(nonstop overpower) than kitty vs kitty. 6* vs 5* As bonus...

Sorry, but most of us Will agree that finishing a really bad fight in time(u almost died) not Worthy win against someone, WHO played perfectly 2mins. but left enemy with 5%.

Deal with it
    Plan and simple...common sense.

I win>you lose=I win

NOT!!!

I win>you lose= you win

I win>you lose=I win

NOT!!!

I win>you lose= you win

Do you think that in AW whichever team beats the boss should win automatically?

Do you think that in AW whichever team gets more attack bonus’ should win automatically?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    But see, they played a whole lot better than you did.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,490 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

No, it's to be the better player. With unlimited time the other guy probably could've won a match against that opponent with another 10 times more health. If your opponent had had 50% more you apparently would've died. I think it's pretty clear who played a better match.
    While I do agree the OP lost based on current scoring system, you are just going off on hypotheticals. There is no scope for ifs and buts. The time is limited and so is the healthpool. So just saying if he had more time or if your opponent had more health is just pure speculation. If opponent had more time he may have missed an input and got combo’d to death in 5more seconds and lost.
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 360 ★★★

I win>you lose=I win

NOT!!!

I win>you lose= you win

You do aw?
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    Op is right. Scoring is terrible. Don’t listen to the sheeple that dog pile you on here.

If you win the fight and the other person doesn’t. It should LITERALLY be impossible to win the round.

And remove the pause button. It just lets people cheat. If you can’t make 10 minutes to play battlegrounds then maybe just don’t que up. Play another game mode.