**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boring

2»

Comments

• Mysterio said:

Needed more fishbowls

And trees
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 935 ★★★★★
    I don’t think that innovation in map design means difficulty needs to exponential increase. I miss the days of act 4 where some maps could snake round the whole quest in one go, or split it up to multiple paths if you want to. Think act 6 had one of these in 6.1.2 I think. I don’t know, I think having a copy and paste of act 7 may make development time quicker so we’re sacrificing innovative design for a speedy turnaround between content drops.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Zan0 said:

I mean, it's definitely not leagues different, but I did appreciate the change from the Paradox system to the weapon system that they added.

Do you have any suggestions on how they should improve it or make it different? That might make this into usable feedback instead of just pointing out contentions.

Personally, I think they could have added something different with the boss islands. Don't get me wrong, I love the single champion choice part, but maybe changing the number of bosses available, or having three bosses in a row that you could travel to and either fight the final one, the final two, or all three. This could give an increased difficulty, but also allow for a bad run to just take the final boss, while on a run that you finish with mostly full health, you could choose to fight all of them. Would take some serious champion choice and strategy decisions, but that is one of the fun aspects of the SOP/EOP fights.

Also, there has been a trend for a while of allowing players to switch between paths/nodes at least halfway through, allowing for interesting interaction and team planning. It could be fun/challenging to have mandatory switches halfway through paths so your team has to account for two different nodes and their associated defenders.

Just some thoughts. Don't sue me.

If I were to boil down my feedback into one sentence it would be “let the quest designers off the chain!”
    Unfortunately, most of the community doesn't want challenging. Most will be very happy with how boring Act 8 is because it's low effort high reward.
    There's no question that it should be a step up from Act 7, but it's also a matter of keeping progression consistent. As we've seen with the change in direction and the adjustments in Act 6, too far out of alignment is not something they have as a goal. Also, the first Chapter will be easier than the following ones, as always.
    If Act 8 goes live as it is in the beta, I'd have much more fun time talking to TheTalents about his top 20 AQ alliance.

There's no fun in it. Nothing exciting to really grab your attention. It's vanilla flavored ice cream. They could at least try for French vanilla.
    For all your talk about boring act 7 and act 8, it seems hypocritical that you are yet to fully explore act 6.
    Why? Act 6 isn't fun either. Act 6 isn't fun difficult. I still probably won't do act 6 even after the next changes. Still haven't done variant 1 either.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Oh please... Act 6 wasn't difficult because of some tricky interesting nodes combination, like even current week Icarus (omg, I did say that!). Act 6 was only difficult because you needed specific champ for acid wash Mysterio or champion of Ronan for capiw. And you needed them as
    5*s, because they banned 4* champs. For most of the players I know that was the main limitation. Nothing fun about it
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I think a separate act that is a soul continuation of Act 6 will solve the divide between those who are enjoying the current direction of Story Acts and those who miss the challenges of Act 6. In the current direction, we have an easy Story Act and the difficult content is presented through challenges like Eternity of Pain but content like this are often off and doesn't give the rush of what Act 6 was.

This is where a separate act or quest comes in. Not Abyss of Legends that is a test of endurance but something like the Grandmaster's Gauntlet but as a quest with multiple paths and unique rewards that isn't tied to progression.