T5 basic shortage

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,405 Guardian
    Reference said:

I didn't know we could sell t4 basics but 200 is not even close to useful.

Actually I did expect this kind of “moving the goalposts” reply, your original post just say “My request is that Kabam at a minimum allow us to sell t4 basics to help with the issue”.

Btw, if you’re in the top 20 AQ, I suppose you have 3k glory each week? Why not pull them all into T5b shards? I’m facing T5b shortage and I’m TB only, but my issue is not as crazy as yours. I tend to think you exaggerate your issue.
    He is actually getting about 5k glory each cycle, which is an absurd amount of glory.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★

The_Chump said:

Let me start off by saying that I'm aware this is a end game player issue so leave those comments out of it.

I'm so short of t5 basics that recently I had 2 tech t5 catalysts expire because I didn't have enough T5 basics to justify the rank ups. It was between a mediocre Tech champ and 6 star Hercules. 6 star Hercules won without a doubt. I stopped opening t5 class catalysts altogether for fear that more would expire moving forward.

My request is that Kabam at a minimum allow us to sell t4 basics to help with the issue or create a t5 basic arena. That would be great and something we would actually play to help the playerbase.

IDK how end game you are, but I'm Paragon, and the only issue I currently have w t5b is that they are in my overflow.

As a rule though, I dont open t5cc crystals (I think I have like 8 fully formed t5cc worth rn) until I'm ready to rank up and I usually consider expiring resources when choosing rank ups.
    I'm Paragon too..all content done. Top 20 AQ.
    Doesn’t sound like you are end game enough, I have so many t5b now that paragon is out idk what to do with it.

Just sounds to me like you aren’t managing your resources well enough. I find I’m needing t1a and t4b more than t5b and t2a.

I’m probably more on the end game level than you are maybe that’s why I don’t have these issues but I believe I’ve gotten 12 t5b just from my daily paragon crystals. I’d imagine you’d have around the same luck there as I do

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    Good news for OP. Tech advancement is on now
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I'm having a top tier champ shortage. Game is bugged.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

The_Chump said:

Let me start off by saying that I'm aware this is a end game player issue so leave those comments out of it.

I'm so short of t5 basics that recently I had 2 tech t5 catalysts expire because I didn't have enough T5 basics to justify the rank ups. It was between a mediocre Tech champ and 6 star Hercules. 6 star Hercules won without a doubt. I stopped opening t5 class catalysts altogether for fear that more would expire moving forward.

My request is that Kabam at a minimum allow us to sell t4 basics to help with the issue or create a t5 basic arena. That would be great and something we would actually play to help the playerbase.

IDK how end game you are, but I'm Paragon, and the only issue I currently have w t5b is that they are in my overflow.

As a rule though, I dont open t5cc crystals (I think I have like 8 fully formed t5cc worth rn) until I'm ready to rank up and I usually consider expiring resources when choosing rank ups.
    Doesn’t sound like you are end game enough, I have so many t5b now that paragon is out idk what to do with it.

Just sounds to me like you aren’t managing your resources well enough. I find I’m needing t1a and t4b more than t5b and t2a.

I’m probably more on the end game level than you are maybe that’s why I don’t have these issues but I believe I’ve gotten 12 t5b just from my daily paragon crystals. I’d imagine you’d have around the same luck there as I do

I have excess T1A but not enough T4B. I guess everyone has their own shortages.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

My last set of 7 paragon dailies gave me 2 t5b for just logging in. The issue you're referring to is a mid-endgame issue for those who are late in the game but not paragon yet.

Also, major rip on the lost cats.

Its still not enough. You must have a really small roster.
    I have 10 t5b in overflow. Jeez I must have a small roster too
    Well you also quit for 6 months so you probably have a lot less rankups lol

If you're Top 20 AQ, then why isn't Glory an option?

Glory is an option. I fly through my glory and it isn't nearly enough.
    The_Chump said:

Honestly, dont know what your deal is. People here just trying to give you advice, you know, since you posted your problem on the forums.

I would think you should/could have plenty of t5b, If you're top 20 AQ.

Let me try again
    If you're having problems w t5cc expiring, you are likely just popping all your t5cc crystals, since the vast majority of t5cc are from crystals. I would think you would know better by this stage in the game.

The other issue you seem to have is managing resources. RNG sucks. You can't control that, but you can deal w it. If RNG keeps giving me tech t5cc, I dont keep opening crystals until I get my cosmic t5cc I want. I go through my techs and figure out who I'm going to rank next. Hercules will still be there a month from now, and you survived without him at r3 this long.
    Not true, hercules was for prestiege, it couldn't wait. I know how to manage my resources just fine. I think the name needs a lot more t5 basic. It is really that simple.
    The_Chump said:

Also, if your roster is so massive, why are your only tech options mediocre 🤔🤔🤔
    Bad RNG. My roster isn't massive. Its 3.4 million. I don't really spend outside of holidays and spring cleaning.
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

My last set of 7 paragon dailies gave me 2 t5b for just logging in. The issue you're referring to is a mid-endgame issue for those who are late in the game but not paragon yet.

Also, major rip on the lost cats.

Its still not enough. You must have a really small roster.
    I have quite the extensive roster that fits all my needs. I got AQ teams, I got a Variety of war teams, I got war defenders, I got battlegrounds covered. Unlike you, I'm smart with my rankups. I don't rank up champs like gambit just because I can, I rank up champs that have use and purpose. It's your fault for opening t5cc stuff when you had 1 t5 tech in overflow already. Only person you have to blame is yourself.
    What's your name in game so I can look you up with all this talk of what you're managing? lol.

Reference said:

I didn't know we could sell t4 basics but 200 is not even close to useful.

Actually I did expect this kind of “moving the goalposts” reply, your original post just say “My request is that Kabam at a minimum allow us to sell t4 basics to help with the issue”.

Btw, if you’re in the top 20 AQ, I suppose you have 3k glory each week? Why not pull them all into T5b shards? I’m facing T5b shortage and I’m TB only, but my issue is not as crazy as yours. I tend to think you exaggerate your issue.
    What’s happening here is OP is just trying to rank up too many champs. If Top 20 AQ can’t get enough T5B it just means he’s got all the other resources he needs, and if he had more T5B he’d run out of another resource and make another post complaining about X shortage (along with a reminder he’s top 20 AQ, and other arrogant, scathing comments about people’s roster size)

The game doesn’t need to give us resources all in equal amounts, and it can’t because others need different ratios of resources.

Top 20 AQ evidently gives enough T5B, he’s just getting other resources in great quantities and thinks that means he’s not getting enough T5B.

It’s like a Masters AW player coming into the forum and complaining they don’t get enough 6* shards while insulting other paragon players down as lesser just because they disagree. Pipe down, stop embarrassing yourself and just play the game at a slower pace.
    Did you just tell me to shut up and dribble? How classy. lol
    mgj0630 said:

I'd say the error you made was opting to rank up the 6* Hercules first.

I'm not suggesting he wasn't the better option, cause we all know he's an incredible champ, but if you have t5cc about to expire, you should have ranked up a tech champ.

The champ, Hercules in this case, isn't gonna disappear from your roster if you don't rank him up right away, and you'd recoup the t5b and t2a in time.

It basically boils down to bad decision making....not a resource shortage.

You don't understand how the prestige game works on this level hence why your answer is so ignorant. Hercules isn't just any old good champion he's top 5 in prestige.

The_Chump said:

Having all content done is the definition of end game. Now you're just making stuff up to sound good lol.
    xNig said:

The_Chump said:

I have excess T1A but not enough T4B. I guess everyone has their own shortages.
    I don't have nearly enough t5 basic either but not to the point that it stops me from ranking up champions when I want. Now t5 basic is the only resource that holds me back and it makes the game less enjoyable when you want expand your roster as quickly as I'd like.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    This just in....no one cares about your struggles. Don't see anyone else in top 20 AQ complaining about t5b being an issue so it must just be you.

This just in....no one cares about your struggles. Don't see anyone else in top 20 AQ complaining about t5b being an issue so it must just be you.

A whole bunch of people commenting including yourself says otherwise. You care exactly about my issues, even if it is to tell me that it doesn't matter. LOL

A whole bunch of people commenting including yourself says otherwise. You care exactly about my issues, even if it is to tell me that it doesn't matter. LOL
    They're all making fun of you. They don't care about your struggles.

They're all making fun of you. They don't care about your struggles.
    You think I lost any sleep? lol. Doesn't change my account/alliance one bit. Message anybody in my ally and ask them what they think of me. I dare you.

Anyway, if Kabam can lower that T5 basic price in the glory store again or have a t5 basic area that would make all the difference for this current shortage of T5 basics. It's a little ridiculous at this point.
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Member Posts: 141 ★★

The_Chump said:

Honestly, dont know what your deal is. People here just trying to give you advice, you know, since you posted your problem on the forums.

Let me try again
    If you're having problems w t5cc expiring, you are likely just popping all your t5cc crystals, since the vast majority of t5cc are from crystals. I would think you would know better by this stage in the game.

The other issue you seem to have is managing resources. RNG sucks. You can't control that, but you can deal w it. If RNG keeps giving me tech t5cc, I dont keep opening crystals until I get my cosmic t5cc I want. I go through my techs and figure out who I'm going to rank next. Hercules will still be there a month from now, and you survived without him at r3 this long.
    Not true, hercules was for prestiege, it couldn't wait. I know how to manage my resources just fine. I think the name needs a lot more t5 basic. It is really that simple.
    Fair point. If you needed Hercules that badly for prestige, then he was a necessary rank up.

With that said, did you really get 5 tech t5cc before you could get 1 cosmic t5cc or were you opening t5cc unnecessarily.

Also, catalysts take 30 days to expire, so who else did you rank up besides Herc in those 30 days?

You, for better or worse, chose to open t5cc crystals despite already having 1 t5cc in overflow. You then chose to rank up multiple non tech champs and let your t5cc expire. I cant say I'd do the same but its your game.

With all that said, if Kabam gave us more t5b, we'd want more t2a. If they gave more t2a, we'd want more t5cc, more iso, more gold, more shards, and on and on.

Point is, for you, the limiting factor is t5b, for me I've got a handful in my overflow, but Im a bit low on gold. For someone else t2a is holding them back. Others dont get enough t5cc.

Everyone is limited somewhere, but as you may be able to tell from this post, not very many ppl agree w you that there is a t5b shortage.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    I have a t5b shortage as well. Really annoying. but got to manage it more than anything.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,095 ★★★★

mgj0630 said:

I'm not suggesting he wasn't the better option, cause we all know he's an incredible champ, but if you have t5cc about to expire, you should have ranked up a tech champ.

The champ, Hercules in this case, isn't gonna disappear from your roster if you don't rank him up right away, and you'd recoup the t5b and t2a in time.

You don't understand how the prestige game works on this level hence why your answer is so ignorant. Hercules isn't just any old good champion he's top 5 in prestige.
    On the contrary, I understand completely how it works, and it's why I don't participate in that rat race.

Seems that what you still don't understand is that your desire to chase prestige is unrelated to a resource shortage.

I have a 6* r3 sig 200 silver surfer and a 6* r4 sig 200 Hercules. If I was chasing prestige, silver surfer would be the r4, but that wouldn't inherently imply a shortage of cosmic t5cc if I couldn't rank up Hercules at the same time.

See how the two are mutually exclusive?
    The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

Let me try again

Fair point. If you needed Hercules that badly for prestige, then he was a necessary rank up.

With that said, did you really get 5 tech t5cc before you could get 1 cosmic t5cc or were you opening t5cc unnecessarily.

Also, catalysts take 30 days to expire, so who else did you rank up besides Herc in those 30 days?

You, for better or worse, chose to open t5cc crystals despite already having 1 t5cc in overflow. You then chose to rank up multiple non tech champs and let your t5cc expire. I cant say I'd do the same but its your game.

With all that said, if Kabam gave us more t5b, we'd want more t2a. If they gave more t2a, we'd want more t5cc, more iso, more gold, more shards, and on and on.

Point is, for you, the limiting factor is t5b, for me I've got a handful in my overflow, but Im a bit low on gold. For someone else t2a is holding them back. Others dont get enough t5cc.

Everyone is limited somewhere, but as you may be able to tell from this post, not very many ppl agree w you that there is a t5b shortage.
    Yeah I didn't realize how much access to t5cc I would get so I mismanaged a bit. Its first world problems to complain but I have so much t5cc that I can rank up any 6 star to r3 at any time, no matter the class. I just think thats a little weird given that I don't have enough t5 basics to do the same.
    mgj0630 said:

mgj0630 said:

On the contrary, I understand completely how it works, and it's why I don't participate in that rat race.

Seems that what you still don't understand is that your desire to chase prestige is unrelated to a resource shortage.

I have a 6* r3 sig 200 silver surfer and a 6* r4 sig 200 Hercules. If I was chasing prestige, silver surfer would be the r4, but that wouldn't inherently imply a shortage of cosmic t5cc if I couldn't rank up Hercules at the same time.

See how the two are mutually exclusive?
    I have both Silver Sufer and Hercules at r4 sig 200 and 196 respectively. And I still have multiple cosmic t5cc. The T5 basic is the issue for me, thats all that I'm saying. How can have this much t5cc and I only have about t5 basic currently. I have to take a 5th champ to r4 so I have to hold on the t5 basic I have and can't take up anymore 6 stars in the meantime. Just annoying if nothing else.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    awful op

awful op

Really constructive there smh.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    @TheTalents while you have some valid points, the problem is you come off as arrogant, snide, and argumentative. Top20 AQ all over everyone's face. You wont find any takers and will always find combative statements everywhere just because of that. Tone it down, and maybe everyone can have a constructive discussion.

awful op

Really constructive there smh.
    As constructive as "I need more T5B so they should lower the cost in the glory store and make a special arena".
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

If you're Top 20 AQ, then why isn't Glory an option?

Glory is an option. I fly through my glory and it isn't nearly enough.
    Then I'm curious how fast you're Ranking. Are you going from R1 to R3 in one go?

@TheTalents while you have some valid points, the problem is you come off as arrogant, snide, and argumentative. Top20 AQ all over everyone's face. You wont find any takers and will always find combative statements everywhere just because of that. Tone it down, and maybe everyone can have a constructive discussion.

I appreciate your response. I am proud of my alliance, probably why I'm still playing. I can definitely tone it down a bit though. But when I made a post and identified myself as Paragon, just like they ask you when you take survey, people got mad at that. When I was just using for context.

The game is played very differently from casual to end game, so context matters in certain cases.