**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kang Offer - Can the acquisition cost go south?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
This puts me in a quandary as getting it means I have 4k units left to try be ThroneBreaker. Or the alternative is to push hard for ThroneBreaker with less than 24 hours (currently low in revives and close to zero potions after the attrition which started from Act 6.3.1) and after, whether I have 6k units left to buy the first tier offer.

Cavalier

Uncollected
It says Uncollected or higher but I don't see this in my main account though.

Third option. There is hope for next year. :)

Comments

• Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    Spending 6000 units on this offer is just throwing your units away for nothing. Kang is not even top 20 in tech class, and even if he was, this offer was not worth it.

save your units for july 4th there will be a better offers for you.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Terra said:

I'm less jaded about the Offer myself. If someone wants to buy it, that's their prerogative. However in this case, I would agree that using them for the push is a better use.

Kang offers nothing outside of collection value to people who have the units to burn for these kinds of pre-July 4th drainer offers.
    Would suggest checking out his synergy with apoc, nothing absolutely gamechanging, but it’s fun to play with
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

I'm less jaded about the Offer myself. If someone wants to buy it, that's their prerogative. However in this case, I would agree that using them for the push is a better use.

Your a orb, even with bad offers like this.

Kang offers nothing outside of collection value to people who have the units to burn for these kinds of pre-July 4th drainer offers.
    It's not a bad Offer to someone who wants a 6* Kang.
  • Options
    If people have the Units and they want it bad enough, they will buy it. I still don't understand why people tell others what to do with their Resources.
  • Options
    H700H700 Posts: 87
    Dude I buy every new profile picture I like that includes the 500 units if you want to do it go ahead but you risk the 4th of July deals wait I think it's expired
  • Options
    The_Chump said:

If people have the Units and they want it bad enough, they will buy it. I still don't understand why people tell others what to do with their Resources.

Because people ask...
    That's fair. If someone asks, then it's offered. I'm talking about the social pressure that's involved. "That Offer sucks."
    It's entirely a personal thing really. All we hear is that every Offer sucks. It all depends on who wants it and is willing to spend on it.

Terra said:

So exactly how much does kabam pay you? I'm thinking of applying
    I get paid nothing for common sense. Other than the freedom from overreacting.
  • Options
    _Sham_ said:

The_Chump said:

Because people ask...
    That's fair. If someone asks, then it's offered. I'm talking about the social pressure that's involved. "That Offer sucks."
    It's entirely a personal thing really. All we hear is that every Offer sucks. It all depends on who wants it and is willing to spend on it.

Terra said:

The offer obviously sucks and people here are being gentleman and honest to help others to prevent bad decision unlike you and 2-3 others like you who will always say it's amazing whatever junk offer kabam through out.

I am curious to know. Do you only do this with this game or you do same in real life with your friend and family ? like if a friend is getting a crappy phone for 2000$ and you know there are better phones for 1000$ Do you tell them go a head buy that 2000$ phone? it is an amazing offer.
    There are two usual factors that go into decisions like these. Use, and rarity. He may not be the top Champ, but you don't see many, if any, Offers for a 6* Kang. Usually, you're at the mercy of RNGesus. Also, contrary to popular belief, some people play to collect Champs, not just to cherry pick the OP ones and get to the top.
    Let's talk real life. There's a difference between what a store values and what an individual values. We might say, I think it's not even that good and it's overpriced, but we don't get to generalize that as the value for everyone else. If that was the case, we'd all be spending a lot less at the gas pumps.
    Kabam sets the valuation, and it's not some arbitrary number they picked out of a hat. It's also not to appease everyone.
    To answer your question, no. I'm not in the business of telling people what to do with their money. If they ask, I offer my opinion. I don't shout from the rooftops that I think it sucks *FOR ME*, so it sucks for everyone.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Its been ages since the 4 star vision has been available, and I don't know if the 3 star ever has (certainly not in a very long time).

Would it hurt things to make an opportunity to get there? Maybe some event similar to the Deadpool event?
  • Options
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

The_Chump said:

Because people ask...

Terra said:

The offer obviously sucks and people here are being gentleman and honest to help others to prevent bad decision unlike you and 2-3 others like you who will always say it's amazing whatever junk offer kabam through out.

I am curious to know. Do you only do this with this game or you do same in real life with your friend and family ? like if a friend is getting a crappy phone for 2000$ and you know there are better phones for 1000$ Do you tell them go a head buy that 2000$ phone? it is an amazing offer.
    To answer your question, no. I'm not in the business of telling people what to do with their money. If they ask, I offer my opinion. I don't shout from the rooftops that I think it sucks *FOR ME*, so it sucks for everyone.
    I am lucky then to not have friends like you. I prefer that my friends tell me if they see me doing a bad deal. And I does the same and they all appreciate it that i helped them That's what friends are for.

But apparently you are living in another dimension.

And no one is shouting here from rooftop. They just stating the fact that This deal stinks.
    *In your opinion.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

The_Chump said:

Because people ask...

Terra said:

I am lucky then to not have friends like you. I prefer that my friends tell me if they see me doing a bad deal. And I does the same and they all appreciate it that i helped them That's what friends are for.

And no one is shouting here from rooftop. They just stating the fact that This deal stinks.
    *In your opinion.
    This deal actually objectively is bad. Besides for collection purpose, I don’t see any real use for kang. Name one thing that he does better than anyone else in the game? You can easily get a lower rarity version from gifting crystals if you happen to spend equivalent amount of units during gifting. That should suffice for collection purposes.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    3k units worth of Greater gifting crystals (and milestones) with a 0.1% chance to get 6* Kang in December is a much better proposition than this 6K offer.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

The_Chump said:

Because people ask...

Terra said:

*In your opinion.
    This deal actually objectively is bad. Besides for collection purpose, I don’t see any real use for kang. Name one thing that he does better than anyone else in the game? You can easily get a lower rarity version from gifting crystals if you happen to spend equivalent amount of units during gifting. That should suffice for collection purposes.
    Collection purposes is the whole point. I highly doubt that anyone with 10k Units on-hand is in desperate need for him. The point is to have one. Some people actually value that. It's no more right to judge people who are willing to spend for that than it is to judge people who only bother with the "best".
    Some people don't care about collecting a 6* Kang because they think he's not very good. Some people care because they want one. It's really just as simple as that.
  • Options
    I went all-out for both Platpools. Is he the top of my Roster? No. I just wanted him.
    Incidentally, he's just fun to play.
  • Options
    rivetrivet Posts: 254
    I got a duped 6 star Kang from GGC, I wish I can return both pull to Kabam for 20k 6 star shards so I can have a chance to pull some one actually useful
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

The_Chump said:

Because people ask...

Terra said:

*In your opinion.
    Collection purposes is the whole point. I highly doubt that anyone with 10k Units on-hand is in desperate need for him. The point is to have one. Some people actually value that. It's no more right to judge people who are willing to spend for that than it is to judge people who only bother with the "best".
    Some people don't care about collecting a 6* Kang because they think he's not very good. Some people care because they want one. It's really just as simple as that.
    I don’t see anybody judging anyone for buying this offer. People are advising against buying this since it’s not a ‘good deal’. Nobody is calling anyone names for going for this deal. If somebody has the units and wants to spend them to buy kang, all power to them.