**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank 3 6* Corvus worth it?

ShenAbuserShenAbuser Posts: 50
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I am looking for something to help me progress through 7.4. I can r3 Corvus but i dont run suicides. I dont have other options maybe (r5 Mole Man). Any advice guys?

Rank 3 6* Corvus worth it? 39 votes

Yes
61%
ThecurlerJBC89TheCipeBrokenCap366TheAngryOneBowTieJohnMobile_P0tat0BocksaroxTheNickster20Charlie21540Gr8TonyStarkTheBair123Burrito2525RiptideNoise72ShepFlyGalaxyBombOEMVZAHIDMALIK1588 24 votes
No
38%
zuffyRagnarok13TerraSw0rdMasterRasiloverAleorWine_Lover_Sham_HavanaknightMauledRenaxqqwillrun4adonutVance2_jrChiefhobCeder 15 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Not sure. Just got mine from a featured crystal
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Yes
    is he awakened? not gonna do too much for you in terms of story quests, but is great for bursting down champs in eq, sq, and aq
  • Options
    ShenAbuserShenAbuser Posts: 50
    He is not. And i am blasting through eq with CGR. Also I got him maxed as 5* with sig 120
  • Options
    Cap366Cap366 Posts: 130
    Yes
    Sorry didn’t see that you’re not running suicides. If you’re not he’s not worth it but if you are he is
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    No
    For Act 7 no, not really even with suicides IMO. For EQ/AQ/AW, yes.

He’s not aged well in terms of act content unless you’re running suicides, have an easy first charge or 200% cosmic boosts
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Is he good in battlegrounds?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    No
    He’s good even if you don’t run suicides for AQ (map 5 and below are super easy), and Cav EQ. But if your focus right now is 7.4, he won’t do much for you. The health pools are too high.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Not really. He doesn't have any charges and has to build to the SP2. If you can take someone out with that 1 SP2 - yes, but last battegrounds punished debuffs on you too which would make having suicides not good for offense and it's never very good for defense.

I agree with @Mauled. There really isn't' too much use for R3 Corvus in Act 7. With full suicides, a cosmic 200% boost and a cosmic special attack boos and if he has access to at least one quick 1st charge, he can still be useful for parts of Act 7. And of course, he's still pretty useful for any paths that require armor breaks or have defenders like Emma.

But it's getting harder and harder for him to take out big health pools in his 1st 20 charges and then it's a slow dance to get them back. Very doable, but not a lot of fun for me - not after what he was doing in Act 5/6 blasting through content. Yes, I've seen Karate Mike's showcases and they are impressive, but for most people they're not pulling that off all through Act 7.

He is still pretty awesome for AQ WITH SUICIDES - if you're doing map 6 or lower (maybe 7, but depends on your alliance rating and the health pools).

As a moderate buff update, I'd like to see him have a way to get more default Glave charges (like start with 30 without a synergy and be able to get 40 with a synergy or a mission) and add 1 more mission so he can get either an additional 4th charge or some kind of DoT that would increase his attack for those larger health pools. I mean, champs like CAPIW have a class bonus for everyone on the team, maybe Corvus could get a charge for every type of class on the path defeated?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    No

Not really. He doesn't have any charges and has to build to the SP2. If you can take someone out with that 1 SP2 - yes, but last battegrounds punished debuffs on you too which would make having suicides not good for offense and it's never very good for defense.

I agree with @Mauled. There really isn't' too much use for R3 Corvus in Act 7. With full suicides, a cosmic 200% boost and a cosmic special attack boos and if he has access to at least one quick 1st charge, he can still be useful for parts of Act 7. And of course, he's still pretty useful for any paths that require armor breaks or have defenders like Emma.

But it's getting harder and harder for him to take out big health pools in his 1st 20 charges and then it's a slow dance to get them back. Very doable, but not a lot of fun for me - not after what he was doing in Act 5/6 blasting through content. Yes, I've seen Karate Mike's showcases and they are impressive, but for most people they're not pulling that off all through Act 7.

He is still pretty awesome for AQ WITH SUICIDES - if you're doing map 6 or lower (maybe 7, but depends on your alliance rating and the health pools).

As a moderate buff update, I'd like to see him have a way to get more default Glave charges (like start with 30 without a synergy and be able to get 40 with a synergy or a mission) and add 1 more mission so he can get either an additional 4th charge or some kind of DoT that would increase his attack for those larger health pools. I mean, champs like CAPIW have a class bonus for everyone on the team, maybe Corvus could get a charge for every type of class on the path defeated?

Also, to add one of the problems with CG is that you’ve got to nurse the charges so much which kind of defeats the purposes of a bursty champion and there are better out and out damage champions that you don’t have to slow play
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    No
    Without suicides he's not worth it. I have him r3 myself and only used him for cav cosmic eq and lower difficulties. He helps clearing easy content faster, but for anything challenging without suicides he's just average, maybe a little above, but nothing spectacular
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    No
    I took my unduped CG up to r3 not long ago (no suicides) and I’m kind of regretting it now. I’m exploring 7.3 and only use him for Eq or AQ. Everything everyone said previously is true. The health pools in 7.2 and above are too high for him to be really effective.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    If you use recoil masteries (you don't though), he is good fun. I used him many places in Act 7, including killmonger boss using cosmic boosts.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    No
    Owner of an r3 Corvus here. He’s great with suicides for AQ/AW. But your poll is for act 7, so the answer for that is no. As others have said, the health pools are too big. Outside of the occasional power shield or invade nodes, your first fight will feel like you are using air walker