**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quicksilver Five Hit Combo?? Too Fast To Time lol

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
Hopefully it's not just a matter of me to git gud LOL ... BUT i mean i just can't pull it off .. I don't know when to stop the light attack presses because he's hitting so quickly lol.

Should I just do MLLLL .. because I just can't time a normal MLLLM combo or heck even a MLM. His light attacks are seriously throwing me off on when they end and when it's the appropriate time to press for a M attack.

Comments

• Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    no worries. im having the same issues.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Technically his combo is 10 hits, not 5 hits.
    MLM gives 6, MLLLLL gives 10. Timing of launching his SP is an issue as it seems counter can block easily if not at right timing.
  • Options
    Reference said:

Technically his combo is 10 hits, not 5 hits.
    MLM gives 6, MLLLLL gives 10. Timing of launching his SP is an issue as it seems counter can block easily if not at right timing.

I've noticed that too .. but yeah I know the hit count lol .. just trying to figure out when to throw the M in the natural MLLLM flow.
  • Options

Mediums are two hits
    Lights are three hits

I recommend always ending your combo with a medium because it refreshes debuffs.

I suggest to practice hitting an opponent and counting like this:

That would be the max combo of 13.

Remember you can always end the combo early if your unsure.

Good luck

that helps a lot lol thanks mate .. now just gotta time these specials better
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t seem that bad, it’s three hits for every light so you gotta count those
  • Options

Mediums are two hits
    Lights are three hits

I recommend always ending your combo with a medium because it refreshes debuffs.

I suggest to practice hitting an opponent and counting like this:

That would be the max combo of 13.

Remember you can always end the combo early if your unsure.

Good luck

Thanks that actually should help a lot
  • Options
    altavista said:

He looked amazing to me on paper, so I was excited to try him out.

With my first impression I totally agree with you. The way his animations/number of hits are and how we interact with the screen (swipes and taps) is completely different from anything before.

Gonna see if I can get used to it. But, if I can't, then Quicksilver will join Ghost as another fantastic champion that I just don't gel with.

indeed .. definitely takes some getting used to for folks like us i guess lol .. .but it just hasn't been a smooth experience ... and that's totally on me to get used to but i've never mistimed so many specials and combos lol

i'm much better though with the MLLLM and variations of combos but specials still are a bit puzzling to get the right timing .. i have been just throwing them without actually finishing the combo and that helps.

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Just tried him and think I got a migraine from it. For some reason I can dex doom sp2 cleanly with him though so there is that. I might just do mllll combos tbh lol
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Just tried him and think I got a migraine from it. For some reason I can dex doom sp2 cleanly with him though so there is that. I might just do mllll combos tbh lol

His dex windows are larger than other champions (33% I believe?) which makes it easier
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    where is QuickSilver Champion spotight??? and Galan's too. I went to the champion spotlight forum and nothing to be found. lol. could someone tag kabam please.

thanks.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

where is QuickSilver Champion spotight??? and Galan's too. I went to the champion spotlight forum and nothing to be found. lol. could someone tag kabam please.

thanks.

They add them when they are the featured champ for the week on the main page now.
  • Options

thanks.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-quicksilver/
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    After spending hours on this character, I've finally nailed his combo
    It's basically the same MLLLM except you have to the first 2 hits as a medium, the next 3 hits is the first light, the next three another light and the last light is also three and then you swipe for the last two medium

It's tricky but it gets easier the more you do it
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    You know what's weird? Despite his basic attack combos looking fast, I've managed to block and evade his attacks in the middle of eating a combo from him on more than 1 occasion :D
  • Options

You know what's weird? Despite his basic attack combos looking fast, I've managed to block and evade his attacks in the middle of eating a combo from him on more than 1 occasion :D

not me just yet lol