**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New defense tactic conduit: is it working as intended?

Amms90Amms90 Posts: 327 ★★★
First of all, I believe there is a mistake in the description of the global node on the forum:

Defence - Conduit 3:
Conduit Defenders Regenerate 80% of energy Damage taken from Hits. While under the effect of a Coldsnap, Shock, Plasma, or Incinerate effect, they Regenerate 60% of any damage taken. Conduit Defenders cannot have their Regeneration Rate affected. Each time the Defender is Knocked Down apply one of the following debuffs in order: Shock, Plasma, Coldsnap, then Incinerate Debuff dealing 0 Damage over 10 Seconds.
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/310597/alliance-war-season-36-changelog-and-loyalty-store-update-node-changes-corrected#latest

^description in the season 36 changelog

Conduit - 3
Conduit Defenders Regenerate 60% of energy Damage taken from Hits. While under the effect of a Coldsnap, Shock, Plasma, or Incinerate effect, they Regenerate 80% of any damage taken. Conduit Defenders cannot have their Regeneration Rate affected. Each time the Defender is Knocked Down apply one of the following debuffs in order: Shock, Plasma, Coldsnap, then Incinerate Debuff dealing 0 Damage over 10 Seconds.
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/306523/aw-season-35-season-changelog

^description in the season 35 changelog

as you can see, the 60% and 80% are swapped. In game the description matches the season 35 changelog description, so I guess the season 36 description has the mistake.

Either way, my issue is with this line:

Each time the Defender is Knocked Down apply one of the following debuffs in order: Shock, Plasma, Coldsnap, then Incinerate Debuff dealing 0 Damage over 10 Seconds.

Doom, terrax are shock immune. I would imagine they fail to apply shock on themselves. But every time you knock them down, they still try to apply the shock debuff and they always fail to do so. They never move on to the next debuff on the list (plasma). A similar issues comes when torch fails to apply coldsnap on himself. He gets stuck there and never applies anything else for the rest of the fight. I feel like using a physical damage type champion effectively shuts down the global defense tactic for these champs. Is this working as intended? As a war planner, I'm having troubles finding a way to make good use of this defense tactic.

Comments

• FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 400 ★★★
    I hope it is intended, otherwise Doom is OP on this node, giving 5 champions will be banned and no defiance anymore.