**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EOP - Modok thread

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
What are your ideas for counters/ objectives?

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★
    Herc and masacre onto week 2
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I’m taking Hit Monke for me

He’s only at R2 though, anybody done this fight with him?
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Hit-Monkey or BWDO and Hercules for me. Haven't tried w/ Hulkling or Angela yet.
    BWDO was difficult to use due to MODOK's block abilities on her double mediums.
    Elsa or Sunspot could be good for #raw, but then you'd have to fight him w/ 3 champs instead of 2 (for Paragons at least).
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,162 ★★★★
    I did it with BWDO. Once he has shock on him he won't auto block. Unfortunately she isn't raw damage so need to do it again. Left the or tags instead of and tags
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    I might try XBones to get both objectives in one go but if that doesn’t work I’ll do Masacre and Sunspot
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Bwdo and Angela did it for me
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    What's the rotation when using BWDO?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

You know something isn't right when its more viable/feasilbe to wait for the tranquility timer to reset power than it is to bait out MODOK's specials.....

Not sure what you’re talking about, I’ve found it pretty easy to bait his specials so far
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Masacre easy oneshot
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    I use Hercules for 2 objs and BWDO for mercinary.

Gwen was also useful 5/65 gwen took %65 but i don’t have her 6 star so i gave up trying with her.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    Also used Herc and BWDO to complete the objectives. Took me a bunch of tries with both.
    Didn't solo, but cost 2 L1 revives for each.

Essentially focus on intercepting, baiting Modok's SP1 during the first two thirds of the Tranquil timer but not really worrying about their power bar in the last third of the Tranquil timer.

With Herc, doesn't matter if you trigger auto block as you'll still do decent damage through block. Immortality is a nice safety net, but it is limited by the Tranquil timer (so you essentially have maximum of a Tranquil timer worth of it) so it isn't too useful in this fight.
    With BWDO, focus on 4-hit combos, backdraft intercept, keeping shocks on, and then timing your SP1 towards the end of the tranquil timer.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    For those who used Herc, what was your playstyle?
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I don’t seem to be doing much damage with Herc even at 10 charges. Does the True Lies node reduce damage or is it something else?
  • Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    edited August 2022
    Used bwdo. I only have her as an r2 and got him down with just 1 revive. Still haven’t done the second objective.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Like many, BWDO and Herc. Needed a few revives in total, but I’m not that great a player.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,162 ★★★★
    Don't have herc, hit monkey, or other such options.

Did first run with BWDO, second run I tried Elsa without much luck so ended up using sunspot. Fight would have been easier if he didn't have a limit on his incinerate so had to revive.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Fairly easy solo with Misty Knight (mine is r2). Her constant unblockable made the fight a cakewalk. When the fight began, before I did anything offensively, I just racked up charges by dexing and blocking Modok's attacks (you don't actually have to stun him, just parry him). When I got to 12 of each and became unblockable, I just laid into him. Every time you dex, block, or end a combo with either a light or medium attack, you refresh your unblockable buff. It does disappear due to tranquility, but it's easy to reactivate. You just have to do the same thing as before: dex, block, end a combo with a light or medium attack.

Since you're constantly unblockable, you don't ever hit into his block and therefore don't give him those furies, which in turn means he himself never goes unblockable. As such, you are free to block him if the need ever arises.

Just don't ever use any special attacks of your own since those consume your charges (at least your SP1 and SP2). It's better to just use a long barrage of basic attacks.

I'll have to try out the other two objectives tomorrow. Anyone have any recommendations for how to use Angela properly? I tried her out and while her sig helped her to get through his auto-block initially, she went back to square one with each round of tranquility since it removed her buffs and therefore her auto-block counter.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    R2 BWDO did very well. Could have been a solo, but I always become a scrub when the pressure is on. 80% done first go, 3 l1 revives wasted due to immediate mistakes and 1 more to clean up.

I would think my R3 Hitmonkey should be shredding this - at least as well, but it has been disastrous with him so far. More practice with him and this fight in my future, for sure as I don't have a Herc.

Also, Quake seems to work pretty well, if you can avoid accidentally landing a heavy, which I always seem to do at least once per fight - especially the long ones.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★
    edited August 2022

I don’t seem to be doing much damage with Herc even at 10 charges. Does the True Lies node reduce damage or is it something else?

I guess it's the difference between a maxed 5 star and a r4 6 star. My maxed 5 star isn't doing numbers on the block lol

For the bwdo players: if you can time a sp1 around tranquility reset you can get a shock on the last hit of your sp. That way you're safe to intercept/att again.