**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Neutralize Update [Merged Threads]

Musha27Musha27 Posts: 118
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
There are some champions and many nodes with AAR. Some of those champions don't even gain buffs like Archangel but he's now immune to this. This becomes a very big issue if can't even pause her senses. We don't want rank down tickets, we want you to fix this. So many people have invested resources in these champions. Why can't you fix normal issues, instead you're nerfing tigra, rintrah,etc. You're can't even make red hulk incerate immune.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• WraitHUNWraitHUN Posts: 8
    I have a big problem about this nerf...

I have 6r4 sig 200 tigra, and they made her useless...

Why is the reason for she can't place neutarlize on AA Immun champ without AA reduction?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,677 ★★★★★

I feel for you, but the reason she can’t place it anymore is that archangel is immune to ability accuracy modifications and neutralise is an ability accuracy modification.

It’s the same with Apoc not placing concussion.

It definitely sucks, but looking at it optimistically it’s only 5 champions and 1 node that are immune to AAR. So she will still be 99.9% the champ she was before the change

I demand 0.1% of a rank down ticket.
    See. Called it rdt talk is coming back. Next up is compensation lol.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Like with moleman, you had to know they would fix this eventually
  • AyrusSethAyrusSeth Posts: 79

Like with moleman, you had to know they would fix this eventually

Not denying it, but the implementation part needs a relook.
  • Jinx0051Jinx0051 Posts: 28
    If you're genuinely angry about this, then you need to take a step back and really think about what you're saying
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

I don't think it's just one node affected. Wouldn't anything that enhances Ability Accuracy also be affected. Don't know how many nodes have that text but it's at least one more.

This isn’t accurate, tigra already didn’t work to prevent buffs against enhanced ability accuracy.

Her neutralise still applies, they just have more accuracy and buffs can get through.
    xNig said:

I have a R4 Sig 200 Tigra.

Tbh it’s not a big deal.

Tigra wasn’t working against Force of Will in the first place. There are just a few champs that are immune to AAR, none of which is ridiculously hard to fight without her.

As much as I don’t enjoy getting one of my most used champs neutered down, it goes in line with what Kabam has been doing for years, similar to the “nerf” of stun immunity against AA’s neurotoxin passive stuns.

Just chill and enjoy the game guys.

Yeah I’m on the same page here. It definitely sucks. But it’s no less annoying than archangel having a bleed immune node being put on a fight. Or ghost having an armour break put on the fight. Or quake having a true strike being put on the fight.

My R4 sig 200 tigra will be quite happy destroying 99.9% of the fights she used to.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I feel like players asking for the Devs to compromise and arrive at a middle ground on game mechanics is ridiculous. I think they wouldn't and shouldn't change it just because players are unhappy. It's one thing to suggest changes to champions themselves but saying tigra should be able to place neutralise but not have any effect is not good.

If game consistency requires "nerfing " champs then let it be.

If they really want then the solution could be that landing hits pause tigra's senses for 2.5 seconds instead of tying it to presence of neutralize
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    AyrusSeth said:

Fryday said:

So I think Bero's perspective on this is interesting and the solution also seem to be much more effective. It would resolve the problem from both the players and developers view.

Feel like it is something that maybe the Kabam team could revisit, was wondering if @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Jax could pass this back to the development team that over see this.

Unfortunately he’s wrong. Increased ability accuracy is not the same as immune to ability accuracy.

If a champion has an increased chance to proc something then neutralise can apply but it just won’t reduce it to 0% as usual

If a champion is immune to something then it just simply cannot apply. Neutralise is an ability accuracy reduction, therefore champions can be immune to it.

Neutralise won’t apply to champion immune to it in the same way bleed won’t apply to a bleed immune.
    If that's the case, then magneto's magnetised passive should not proc just like tigra's neutralize, cuz it reduce ability accuracy, a champ immune to ability accuracy reduction or on force of will node, should not deal with magneto's magnetized passive
    Magnetize has more than one effect which is why it still procs. Neutralize has one effect, reducing buff ability accuracy so it, just like concussion, doesn't even proc against an AAR immune opponent.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

I have a R4 Sig 200 Tigra.

Tbh it’s not a big deal.

Tigra wasn’t working against Force of Will in the first place. There are just a few champs that are immune to AAR, none of which is ridiculously hard to fight without her.

As much as I don’t enjoy getting one of my most used champs neutered down, it goes in line with what Kabam has been doing for years, similar to the “nerf” of stun immunity against AA’s neurotoxin passive stuns.

Just chill and enjoy the game guys.

Yeah I’m on the same page here. It definitely sucks. But it’s no less annoying than archangel having a bleed immune node being put on a fight. Or ghost having an armour break put on the fight. Or quake having a true strike being put on the fight.

My R4 sig 200 tigra will be quite happy destroying 99.9% of the fights she used to.
    Yeah. It doesn’t affect THAT much. Just some over-reaction imo.

If there’s a real need to remove buffs or whatever, just use a nullify/stagger attacker. 😂
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

I feel like players asking for the Devs to compromise and arrive at a middle ground on game mechanics is ridiculous. I think they wouldn't and shouldn't change it just because players are unhappy. It's one thing to suggest changes to champions themselves but saying tigra should be able to place neutralise but not have any effect is not good.

If game consistency requires "nerfing " champs then let it be.

If they really want then the solution could be that landing hits pause tigra's senses for 2.5 seconds instead of tying it to presence of neutralize

They shouldn't change anything. Certain champs have bad matchups I don't get why people are acting like this is some new atrocity. If the change didn't make any sense it would be one thing but it makes complete sense given how other effects are treated against immunity so people really just need to get over it.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    One thing to keep in mind here is the whole Wiccan situation from last month where even buff immunity wasn't enough to prevent him from placing incinerates on you. I wouldn't be surprised if this is, in part, an attempt by Kabam to make neutralize fall more in line with some kind of reason. There has to be some kind of way to counteract it, especially when facing a defender with neutralize. This is that counter, and it is exactly how neutralize should work.

I also have an r4 Tigra and I have no problem with this as long as they don't start spamming Force of Will everywhere similarly to how they were spamming True Strike a few years ago in order to counter Ghost and Quake. But if it's just an occasional roadblock, then so be it. It'll suck here and there - I'm actually on a path right now where the final miniboss would have been excellent Tigra food if not for this new interaction - but she'll still crush so much content in the game. She's an insane champion. An inability to fight half a dozen champions out of 200+ won't really change that in any substantial way.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    AyrusSeth said:

Fryday said:

So I think Bero's perspective on this is interesting and the solution also seem to be much more effective. It would resolve the problem from both the players and developers view.

Feel like it is something that maybe the Kabam team could revisit, was wondering if @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Jax could pass this back to the development team that over see this.

Unfortunately he’s wrong. Increased ability accuracy is not the same as immune to ability accuracy.

If a champion has an increased chance to proc something then neutralise can apply but it just won’t reduce it to 0% as usual

If a champion is immune to something then it just simply cannot apply. Neutralise is an ability accuracy reduction, therefore champions can be immune to it.

Neutralise won’t apply to champion immune to it in the same way bleed won’t apply to a bleed immune.
    If that's the case, then magneto's magnetised passive should not proc just like tigra's neutralize, cuz it reduce ability accuracy, a champ immune to ability accuracy reduction or on force of will node, should not deal with magneto's magnetized passive
    It does proc but doesn't reduce AAR on immune champions. Take Mysterio for example, while he has his glass helmet active, he won't have a problem to use his abilities while fighting Magneto.
  • Jinx0051Jinx0051 Posts: 28
    If you're trying to compare a debuff to a passive ability that has multiple effects and not just aar, and also trying to agree with bero on anything, then you're not gonna go far
    AyrusSeth said:

Fryday said:

As Work already pointed out, Mags has a secondary effect of reducing heal potency.

It’s like disorient reducing DAA and block proficiency, that can still apply to immune to AAR champions because they’re not immune to having their block proficiency reduced

Theoretically if Weapon X were placed on an immune to AAR node, he shouldn’t be magnetised because he’s immune to regen rate reduction and AAR. However I’m not sure if it actually would, because at the moment AAR and immunity to AAR is an extremely inconsistent interaction:

Slow working on immune to AAR, Falcon working on immunity to AAR, Apoc’s shrug off counter working against AAR.

It’s all new abilities and different ways to reduce AAR that immunity to AAR hasn’t been updated for.

I’d personally rather a non bugged game, that works correctly than pro player bugs. Consistency is better. This game is already complex enough without some things working in one place, and other identical things not working.
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    Musha27 said:

There are some champions and many nodes with AAR. Some of those champions don't even gain buffs like Archangel but he's now immune to this. This becomes a very big issue if can't even pause her senses. We don't want rank down tickets, we want you to fix this. So many people have invested resources in these champions. Why can't you fix normal issues, instead you're nerfing tigra, rintrah,etc. You're can't even make red hulk incerate immune.

Other topic aside, Why do you think red hulk needs to be incinerate immune? His shrug off is still very good.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★
    edited September 2022

As Work already pointed out, Mags has a secondary effect of reducing heal potency.

It’s like disorient reducing DAA and block proficiency, that can still apply to immune to AAR champions because they’re not immune to having their block proficiency reduced

Theoretically if Weapon X were placed on an immune to AAR node, he shouldn’t be magnetised because he’s immune to regen rate reduction and AAR. However I’m not sure if it actually would, because at the moment AAR and immunity to AAR is an extremely inconsistent interaction:

Slow working on immune to AAR, Falcon working on immunity to AAR, Apoc’s shrug off counter working against AAR.

It’s all new abilities and different ways to reduce AAR that immunity to AAR hasn’t been updated for.

I’d personally rather a non bugged game, that works correctly than pro player bugs. Consistency is better. This game is already complex enough without some things working in one place, and other identical things not working.

What other work Neurotoxin have when Archangel is unawakened? So neurotoxins of unawakened archangel should not apply to aar immune champs.