**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

People are upset about the future of the contest

CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
With news about 7*'s, ascensions, and relics, the entire power balance in the game is gonna be all over the place, there is already 0 content in the game that rank 4 6*'s are needed for, and people seem to be heavily against all these new ways to obtain power, is Kãbåm gonna respond and push back the release of all this or what??

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Henny Penny.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    *Not the OP, the movement.
  • Options

Relics are what worry me. Huge p2w gap potential there.

there has always been and will always be a huge p2w gap. It’s like that in every single monetized game I’ve ever played. F2P players are delusional if they can catch up to the whales. What business sense does it make for kabam to even the odds?

It's still quite possible for f2p to compete with whales in war
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Ceder said:

there has always been and will always be a huge p2w gap. It’s like that in every single monetized game I’ve ever played. F2P players are delusional if they can catch up to the whales. What business sense does it make for kabam to even the odds?

Define compete...
    Cause g1.. plat 4.. u will find spenders but rarely whales...
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    They mean that anybody could be blessed with a Beyond god tier six star or seven star champion, but that doesn't mean that they actually have the skills to use that Champion to their absolute best ability.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Ceder said:

Define compete...
    You realize the #1 war alliance for like the last 5-6 seasons has basically no whales and mostly low to completely non spending players in it right?
  • Options

Coppin said:

Ceder said:

Define compete...
    You realize the #1 war alliance for like the last 5-6 seasons has basically no whales and mostly low to completely non spending players in it right?
    GT40 is a beast, my brother is in it and he's only spent $200 on the game
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Ceder said:

Coppin said:

Ceder said:

Define compete...
    Blue is a noob
  • Options
    Skiddy212 said:

Disney Mirrorverse, new game by kabam with a evolve method. Something like that would definitely be beneficial but they aren’t going to do that (wish it could be addressed why not when such methods exist in another one of their IPs).

Game mechanics cannot be pulled out from other games in isolation, because they all work together.

As to why evolution wouldn't be appropriate for this game, it would be nice if the progression and economy people could just come on out and have an open discussion about the finer points of progression design. But how many people take me seriously when I do that? And most of what I'm saying is generally accepted design principles that are out in the open, and would be completely uncontroversial in any normal game design discussion. So how long would it take before the developers could create a workable foundation to have that discussion? How long would it take for them just to establish the *facts* of the situation that everyone would agree to before having that discussion?

Too long for most professionals, I can tell you from experience.
  • Options
    Beewee said:

Ceder said:

Coppin said:

Ceder said:

Define compete...
    Blue is a noob
    How did you
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Ceder said:

Coppin said:

Ceder said:

Define compete...
    Am i talking about GT40?..
    So 1 alliance.. competing at the top with "non whales".. lets base the game on 30 ppl?... On 90?.. 300?... Thats what sets the bar to "compete" as a f2p? ....
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

The 7 star, relic etc are an attempt to divert away from the real issues of dropped inputs, and there are more bugs in the game than an Amazon rainforest.
    Several people from the alliance have noted their intention to stop playing. I will continue but only as free to play. And see how it goes from there.
    Battlegrounds there have been mixed feelings from the forum I am still 50/50. But more new content or nodes of play have to be developed to keep players of all skill levels happy.
    I am down with relics or other things like ability to increase health armour damage and have more creativity in the game. 7 stars doesn't show creativity sorry this is my opinion. What's after 7 star, 8 stars no thankyou.

Yes, they can't fix the bugs so they announced 7*'s. I can't believe you figured out their plans so easily. The rest of us just just couldn't see what was in front of our faces.

I keep seeing this argument that 7*'s aren't creative. You act like Kabam hasn't added a new star rarity before. By your logic, 5*'s should never have been brought to the game much less 6*'s because those weren't creative enough.

Another thing I keep seeing is that more content needs to be developed for skilled players? Like what? Remember act 6? It was fairly skill based and it was nuked because people couldn't handle it. Act 7 and 8 are cakewalks because people don't want skill based content. EoP has already become stale as it's not really skill based.

So what does skill based content look like?