Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Tijjy007Tijjy007 Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    Im sure a huge part of the community was hyped for this and all we heard about it not happening was thrillson (who is super likely to have been a troll) speak on the matter. This should have been handled so much better by you kabam. The gold event was such a pro player event and with the huge issues with battlegrounds and the vfx issues this could have been a huge win for you in the eyes of the community.
  • Captain_J4ckCaptain_J4ck Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2022
    So basically if i do just one duel with any deadpool and i ll end up in the last rank bracket. Thats 1 mil gold for 1 fight.
    There’s no point in grinding anything now
  • Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Member Posts: 144 ★★
    I was all set to drop some money. Pulled up to the drug mart to go buy an Apple Card, went in game, looked at offers, looked at the Deadpool store, drove immediately back home cash in pocket. These offers are uninspired at best, stale and over priced at worst, and don’t even get me started on the Deadpool store. We get no gold trade, you announce 7*’s, relics and ascension, then drop this mess of a spenders spree on the community? Where is the win here for the player base? It must be in that 1000 bucks you can spend for 159 all Deadpool crystals, huh. Disappointed TO SAY THE LEAST
  • Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Member Posts: 144 ★★
    150 sorry for the typo
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Member Posts: 357 ★★★
    The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz
  • MiStaloOvaMiStaloOva Member Posts: 38

• D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Member Posts: 42
    Jeez, off the back of having to rework BG rewards on the basis that the offering was tin-eared and poorly thought out, you would think someone would have intervened with this.
    The offers are not good enough to compete with Cyber Weekend so making it just another generic "get x with unit bundle" deal doesn't really work. The gold offers at least got people involved and would have been an easy win with the community, instead it's a matter of shooting yourself in the foot again to chase cash that is better used elsewhere.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

DrZola said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315234/gold-trade-offer-comming-this-year-or-not/p1

Pasting this here since it got mothballed back to “Suggestions.” Any cuteness intended with the Kabam Thrillson comment seems much less humorous now.

Maybe something interesting pops up later today, but if this is it, then no.

Dr. Zola

The 'thrillson' post said they were trying 'something new'. If someone would be so kind as to point me to the new thing I'd at least credit that. The gold event want new because it wasn't ever used like that before. Unit deals and a unit store? It's the same any old weeked worthless deal. Onwards and upwards to a dissapointing cyber weekend I guess
    This is my issue with it tbh.
    Fair enough make it a standard ‘buy something or ignore me’ event but this is hardly trying something new.
    Odachi said:

DrZola said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315234/gold-trade-offer-comming-this-year-or-not/p1

Pasting this here since it got mothballed back to “Suggestions.” Any cuteness intended with the Kabam Thrillson comment seems much less humorous now.

Dr. Zola

The 'thrillson' post said they were trying 'something new'. If someone would be so kind as to point me to the new thing I'd at least credit that. The gold event want new because it wasn't ever used like that before. Unit deals and a unit store? It's the same any old weeked worthless deal. Onwards and upwards to a dissapointing cyber weekend I guess
    FACTS
  • Kingcole1Kingcole1 Member Posts: 24
    Most players were expecting to purchase these deals with gold and NOT units…. Why did kabam have to be so cruel @Kabam Miike ??? not everyone can purchase units or have been saving units for months. So disappointed in kabam they could kept the gold deals while making money from unit store. Another thing I find extremely annoying why restrict the amount of 200% class boost to purchase to just 1 while I have to wait 6 days to purchase another with loyalty. That makes no sense the purchase limit should be at least 10.
    Odachi said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

FACTS

I would suggest we don't just protest here on the forums... lets speak with our wallets. For those around long enough to remember 12.0.. we won that fight. Speak with your wallet not just your keyboard guys. They will hear it much louder.

+1.
  • BlueSmirnoffBlueSmirnoff Member Posts: 10
    I feel sorry for the Devs. All the hard work they put in for it to end up a total damp squib
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Dp event = bs
  • AozerAozer Member Posts: 42
    Kind of made the piggy bank deal the best of all so far. But the cash deals are really mediocre with any golf offered for sure.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★

They merged the threads and in doing so destroyed/hid my poll that started the thread. Kabam shady once again!

Why did the mods change the name of this thread after naming it "Merged: Complaints about Day of the Deadpool offers"... they can't even let us be mad fairly?

In this case, I will defend Kabam because this just isn't true. Many of the "merged threads" were added to my existing thread that I started when the initial announcement came out, and that many people were already commenting on. Not shady, but actually a nice move to declutter forums when something has this big of a reaction.