Hercules immortality buff is KO Hercules in AQ

DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★

I often use Hercules majority of the path clearings and miniboss/ last boss. I’m pretty sure that the immortality buff kit says that he can’t be knocked out.

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Nodes?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,802 ★★★★★
    Timing out with 3% HP or less results in a KO.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Member Posts: 1,437 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Last I remember, that was Map 8. Nothing had been changed in Map 7.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Even though immortality buff should prevent the KO when it says Hercules can’t be knocked out?
    Maratox said:

Nodes?

Power snack, but still the game was paused.

Typhoon said:

Maybe it has now? Since this is map7.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

Even though immortality buff should prevent the KO when it says Hercules can’t be knocked out?
    A timeout is a fail, not a KO.
    edited October 2022

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

A timeout is a fail, not a KO.
    Agreed, but after the timeout fail the game proceed to show a KO screen with different kind of informations and so on and after proceeding to exit the KO screen the game is showing Hercules as KO when he wasn’t really and still had an active immortality buff.
    Had to make another testing. We can see that Hercules is still alive 1% hp remaining as the AI didn’t wanted to cooperate with me and wanted to go into turtle mode and wait the immortality buff out and somehow it proceed into a KO.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,316 Guardian
    If it is the “too low of % on timeout/quit” cause KO scenario.
    It probably would show him still at 1% (or 3% for 1st case) health in the post-fight summary (as in your 2nd set of pics).

But it would be processing that happens AFTER that which determines whether the “too low” situation applies and results in losing the rest of his Health and thus being marked as KO's on your team roster after that.

The status of “immortality” buff (or say Luke Cage's “take no damage” is still available to kick in, etc, etc) of champion doesn’t really matter upon a timeout. On timeout, any in-fight buffs/debuffs/etc no longer apply because the fight has ended.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,819 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.

It probably would show him still at 1% (or 3% for 1st case) health in the post-fight summary (as in your 2nd set of pics).

But it would be processing that happens AFTER that which determines whether the “too low” situation applies and results in losing the rest of his Health and thus being marked as KO's on your team roster after that.

The status of “immortality” buff (or say Luke Cage's “take no damage” is still available to kick in, etc, etc) of champion doesn’t really matter upon a timeout. On timeout, any in-fight buffs/debuffs/etc no longer apply because the fight has ended.

That’s interesting! So if I were to timeout with 5% HP threshold then it would be cut to half and round it down to 2%? Because 1% can’t be cut down to half in this game so therefore rounding it down to 0%.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

That’s interesting! So if I were to timeout with 5% HP threshold then it would be cut to half and round it down to 2%? Because 1% can’t be cut down to half in this game so therefore rounding it down to 0%.
    It's not the percentages that are being cut. Just the health value. It's just that if you time out below 3% in aq you die. This is to prevent this sort of cheese

Daddrieda said:

It's not the percentages that are being cut. Just the health value. It's just that if you time out below 3% in aq you die. This is to prevent this sort of cheese
    That’s interesting. I wasn’t sure why this behaved. I’ve always been able to go back with 3% with 350hp

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    The change was only for Map 8. Map 7 and below never had this.

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    yeah but that was months ago.

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    They should still have notified us if a change was being made though.
    Doesn't excuse the fact that communication is utter ****.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Daddrieda said:

Had to make another testing. We can see that Hercules is still alive 1% hp remaining as the AI didn’t wanted to cooperate with me and wanted to go into turtle mode and wait the immortality buff out and somehow it proceed into a KO.

You really sat there almost all the fight waiting for time out and still expect to have health. Nah thats ridiculous

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    They did tell everyone. You didn't read it.

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    Where? Can you link where they have recently specifically said that timeouts will no longer work?
    I'm not talking about them discussing a change months ago. As far as I've seen, none of the updates have given this as a fix.

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    Where? Can you link where they have recently specifically said that timeouts will no longer work?
    I'm not talking about them discussing a change months ago. As far as I've seen, none of the updates have given this as a fix.
    You're confusing 2 things. Corvus timeout and timing out. Corvus was the only champ that could time out at any health. Everyone else KO's with less than 3% health regardless of the map.

Daddrieda said:

You really sat there almost all the fight waiting for time out and still expect to have health. Nah thats ridiculous
    I do agree it was ridiculous, but that’s not the point of it. This was an test I wanted to find out why the timeout caused an KO to Hercules when he’s supposed to still be alive despite the immortality buff was active so I did not expect anything other than making a test. I created the thread figured if someone had the similar situation and could shine a little light with some explanation.

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    You're confusing 2 things. Corvus timeout and timing out. Corvus was the only champ that could time out at any health. Everyone else KO's with less than 3% health regardless of the map.
    So you are saying that as long I stay above 3% hp it will still work?
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    Yes. Or.... bring proper counters and just beat the fight. Not sure why you'd ever need to time out on M7 with even a R5 5* Herc if you're playing him correctly.

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    Yes. Or.... bring proper counters and just beat the fight. Not sure why you'd ever need to time out on M7 with even a R5 5* Herc if you're playing him correctly.
    The unlucky continues to be unlucky if the fate wills it. I simply don’t have the correct counter(s) and if this method can help clear the map and help ranking up the correct counter(s) then I will do this method. As they are now it doesn’t look to bright for my collection for the time being, but if this help for others to rank their desired champions then that makes me happy :). Next is the timezone as I’m one of those 4 that is active so it kinda falls on us 4, but I don’t live the life of an working life so it kinda falls on me and Hercules to make things easier. It can seems not smart, but it has worked out so far so this situation was unexpected because in the last two months while using this method I was able to do this just fine even with 1% hp.
    edited October 2022

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    It used to work with Herc as well. If the immortality was active, you didn't die last I remember.
    Also, just tried it out with Corvus since I was going to die anyways. Doesn't work.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,953 Guardian

Daddrieda said:

Typhoon said:

It's all maps.
    Not before the update.
    They havent said anything. thats false. Currently it is only active for Map8, and no other map. I can dig out the announcement stating that explicitly.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,953 Guardian
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax any input on this?
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    Kabam Boo Posts: 840Administrator › ★★★★★October 2021 edited October 2021
    Removing the Corvus Timeout Method
    As mentioned in the past, there has been a long-standing Bug in-game where some Champions were able to survive a timeout. This is not a game mechanic that was ever intended, but we left it in the game due to player reaction at the time. Players made it clear that the reason that they used this was that they didn’t feel like they had the options to address the lanes needed, so they resorted to using Corvus and this method.

This behaviour breaks the intended game flow, as players were reaching completely out of gameplay to circumvent the rules of the game.

Pausing/Quitting a fight are not gameplay mechanics, but if players wanted to avert any risk at all, they would use “the Corvus cheese”, regardless of the fact that there had been many new Champions added to their Roster that are much better counters for the content on the Map. This led to players feeling the gameplay is stale or takes too long, even though there were intended counters available to them that would help them play the content in a fresh way and much quicker.

With the addition of the Boss and Lane Killer cross fight abilities, we are giving Alliances the tools necessary to deal with the challenge of lanes, regardless of the Champion you are using.

Now that those additions have been made, Map 8 will not allow any Champion to survive a timeout when at very low health. For the time being, you will still be able to survive a timeout in Maps 7 and below, but we will be changing those in the future as well.