**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI refuses to throw specials!!!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
OK I'm seriously pissed off right now! It's been a while now that I noticed it that the AI just won't throw specials until he's got L3 ready or got you cornered where throwing his specials mean your dead!

I know it's not something new and that the game is rigged like that on purpose and I could deal with it in various content so far.
The problem is in battlegrounds where you can't afford to waste time baiting forever and that is just stupid!
I can literally just bait and bait but they won't throw specials and it seems to be way worse than before and especially in BGs!

I also noticed that when you have a champ that can power control the enemy throws specials WAY more then if you can't power control and I've noticed that since day 1 of this game!

Something needs to be done cause this is impossible to play like that!

Comments

• Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★

Why are you still attacking them when they are close to 3 bars of power is the real question?

To bait specials, i usually attack in their block once or twice and sometimes they do throw their specials.
    Or maybe OP was fighting his opponent on some sort of power gain node.
    I experienced the same issue that OP is talking about yesterday when i was completing 7.4.2, tantrum path, that Spidey 2099 just refused to throw specials and got me almost cornered, luckily i attacked in his block and it worked. But this is really an issue especially in EOPs
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited October 2022
    Different champs clearly have different defensive AI. Sometimes I need to “dex” early to where I don’t trigger the precision buff (to bait stealth spidey and stark spidey for instance). Sometimes you need to finish a 2 medium against spider ham to get him to throw his special. Sometimes you need to hit into block and wait half a second like with green goblin. Sometimes you just need to back off far away like with yellow jacket and modok. I agree it shouldn’t be like this but it is. It’s another skill set to learn how to bait certain champs to throw their specials. I always have trouble with green goblin unless I’m using someone with a very quick and far dash back like venom and venompool.
  • Options

Why are you still attacking them when they are close to 3 bars of power is the real question?

Who said I'm attacking them when they are close to L3?
    Sometimes they get to L3 by themselves you know? We all know power gainers like Hype and others just love to do that and this meta in BGs there is a ton of power gain so after a few crits they'll get to L3 by themselves if they won't throw specials.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19 said:

Different champs clearly have different defensive AI. Sometimes I need to “dex” early to where I don’t trigger the precision buff (to bait stealth spidey and stark spidey for instance). Sometimes you need to finish a 2 medium against spider ham to get him to throw his special. Sometimes you need to hit into block and wait half a second like with green goblin. Sometimes you just need to back off far away like with yellow jacket and modok. I agree it shouldn’t be like this but it is. It’s another skill set to learn how to bait certain champs to throw their specials. I always have trouble with green goblin unless I’m using someone with a very quick and far dash back like venom and venompool.

This is not my first rodeo as they say. I've been playing this game for 8 years and 100%ed pretty much all content AND I'm a F2P player so I don't just get through content with units so I think I know how to fight and who I'm fighting.
    It's not the champs your fighting it's the AI itself that is rigged.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    I lose my mind when this happens in battlegrounds especially. Losing 20-30 seconds from something that shouldn't be a problem
  • Options

I lose my mind when this happens in battlegrounds especially. Losing 20-30 seconds from something that shouldn't be a problem

Exactly what I'm trying to say! Literally lost 30 seconds trying to get a Moleman in BGs to throw his L2!
    I had almost full health left but timed out cause it was either timing out or take L3 which will probably mean instant KO!
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    This is the only thing that annoys me with the game.
    AI just wont throw a SP2, but once they get a SP3 they do it instantly.
    Aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh
    😁
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Strategic said:

Sometimes they get to L3 by themselves you know? We all know power gainers like Hype and others just love to do that and this meta in BGs there is a ton of power gain so after a few crits they'll get to L3 by themselves if they won't throw specials.
    So than your issue would be a niche not too often problem if your only having the issue in those situations but that is not at all how your phraed your issue

Sounds to me like you don't know how to bait out specials very well as I never have this issue, but then again, I'm very good at baiting (which isn't too hard to begin with).
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    If it’s in Battlegrounds, doesn’t everybody have the same issue? Including your opponent?

Seems fair…
  • Options

Strategic said:

So than your issue would be a niche not too often problem if your only having the issue in those situations but that is not at all how your phraed your issue

Sounds to me like you don't know how to bait out specials very well as I never have this issue, but then again, I'm very good at baiting (which isn't too hard to begin with).
    Wow, what a completely tone-deaf comment. The whole “I don’t have this problem so it must not be one” mindset make no sense.

Sounds to me like you don't know how to comment very well as I never have this issue, but then again, I'm very good at commenting (which isn't too hard to begin with).
    Or instead of it being tone-deaf comment, maybe it's educating that you need to practice more on successful baiting. Just because your not good at baiting doesn't mean something is wrong with the ai.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,729 ★★★★
    Strategic said:

Might just be randomness in the AI. I just did a run in 8.1.4 & Hyperion he was throwing specials.

https://youtu.be/LZ4kzgEhLns
  • Options
    LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    This was a problem in Battlegrounds for sure. In some fights under the flow meta, you would try to bait while they were just over a bar of power, dance around like an idiot for 25 seconds, only to have them gain an sp3 and immediately drop it.
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    I’m so weak at the comments. I wasn’t so weak a couple days ago.. lol when I faced back to back to back people with tons of mystic dispersion and nasty mystic defenders. And here I am with one single human torch to counter. After one MLM they were ready for an SP3 😂😂
  • Options

Strategic said:

Might just be randomness in the AI. I just did a run in 8.1.4 & Hyperion he was throwing specials.

https://youtu.be/LZ4kzgEhLns
    Again, I didn't say they didn't throw at all and I did say it's especially bad in BG.
    I also said that when you have someone with power control the AI throws specials more often and in your example your Cap has power control because of the tech synergy so just proves my point.

But, again, I'm not saying they don't throw at all, but that they don't throw when it matters most and that the AI is rigged to wait strategically to times where you will get screwed!
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★

Strategic said:

Wow, what a completely tone-deaf comment. The whole “I don’t have this problem so it must not be one” mindset make no sense.

Sounds to me like you don't know how to comment very well as I never have this issue, but then again, I'm very good at commenting (which isn't too hard to begin with).
    Or instead of it being tone-deaf comment, maybe it's educating that you need to practice more on successful baiting. Just because your not good at baiting doesn't mean something is wrong with the ai.

Strategic said:

Maybe you need to educate yourself how to properly behave.
    AI is inconsistent as hell, there is no point in denying that, add it to miserable inputs, and you cant play this game properly.
    Bet you are uncollected lol

• Options
    edited October 2022

Strategic said:

Strategic said:

Maybe you need to educate yourself how to properly behave.
    AI is inconsistent as hell, there is no point in denying that, add it to miserable inputs, and you cant play this game properly.
    Bet you are uncollected lol

Do you think if this was a real common issue then people wouldn't be screaming it from the roof tops with forums flooded with posts and yt vids everywhere on it? In the past week there has been a hundred new threads and thousands of posts on complaints on rifts. In same period of time there is this one post and very few people complaining on this issues.

I honestly think some of you just need to practice or watch some baiting vids. The rest of us adjusted and successfully bait.

And nice assuming things about my titles and your right, I am UC (But fyi, I'm also cavalier, throne breaker, breaker of thrones and paragon)