**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BG rewards wrong, no cheaters banned

Comments

• DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

@Diplodocus people with much stronger accounts than yours couldn’t reach gladiator circuit as they were facing much stiffer competition.

As they have implied BG will have the most powerful rewards, you will qualify for them and he will not.

It’d be like having college football teams make the NFL playoffs without ever having faced an NFL caliber team. Sure they’d lose first round but how would that be fair to NFL teams who did not qualify?

Everyone was facing opponents with similar power level accounts. If others were facing stronger opponents than me than they obviously themselves would have stronger team than me.

The most powerful rewards were implied to be in the gladiators circuit ranked rewards where I couldn't perform well.

Your analogue of Nfl playoffs doesn't hold here. Unlike Nfl playoffs, in battlegrounds there are unlimited positions and one just needs to play enough matches in victory track to reach there.
    Are we living in 14th century that humor cannot be tolerated and they delete such comments?
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Another major disappointment, cheaters have been reported throughout the season and almost no action was taken. How is this even possible? Were the reports ignored?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Sorry to be off topic but how do you see global rankings when the mode has been removed from the Home Screen?

Rewards are a lil disappointing considering the amount of time and effort over the course of 1 month.

Yes. Because this will be gamed by mega whales, who will run alt accounts purely to keep others out of top positions, as they did in gifting.

There's also the basic premise, of your school division account getting world cup rewards by only playing other school accounts, while those with world cup squads only face each other and get stuck in school district rewards. (Or conference division south team, getting premier league winner prizes, by beating only Aldershot if you're a Brit...).

Kabam specifically changed war matching to avoid this problem, so it's daft to bring it back for battlegrounds. The big accounts, light and mid level spenders, will all avoid the game mode.

That is your understanding. My understanding is that real competition start in only gladiators circuit and till than you are playing with players of only your level.

Also if you want to bring back that old system which can be misused by sand bagging than I don't have any problem with it. Don't think only u can misuse that system. I and other lower level players can do the same. When this system will become too popular than everybody will be using it and than you will again start getting matched with players of your own caliber. So this is much better than the sandbagging thing.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    edited October 2022

Sorry to be off topic but how do you see global rankings when the mode has been removed from the Home Screen?

Rewards are a lil disappointing considering the amount of time and effort over the course of 1 month.

We have a google doc spreadsheet for the top 5k
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Beewee said:

We have a google doc spreadsheet for the top 5k
    Gotcha.
    Feel free to add my sorry @$!

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

Out of top 50 there are likely only 9 legitimate players apparently.

Here’s the true top 10 rankings apparently (Found On Line App compiled by someone who went through all accounts)

1. KT1
    2. Beewee
    3. Beroman
    4. Steeler
    5. CrazyBunnyBoy
    6. JabariDarker
    7. DarkPontyus
    8. HappyMcMuffins
    9. TJarvis
    10. Lagacy

Also there were 4 accounts in top 10 who (admitted by the player himself) abused matchmaking and boosted main accounts using their alts.

@TheKiryu do you know for a fact that the modders in the top 100 were reported to Kabam using screenshots and their support function?

I ask because the “report player” button will probably be used too often to be of much use, but someone who is modding and finishes a fight in 10 seconds against an R4 is obviously modding. And screenshots show that.

If we know that all these players are modding and have been reported, then we know that there’s a serious breakdown in the process of reporting and banning. I can understand it is hard to tell who is modding just from the leaderboard, and maybe just a list of fights that have been reported. But if you have proof that is screenshotted and sent to Kabam, then either that are not looking at it - easy fix, look at it. Or they are looking at it and cannot do anything about it.

If it’s the latter then as I said, serious breakdown in the process. That’s for Kabam to look at and fix, not us, but I would appreciate some input on what went wrong here to allow these cheaters to remain in the top
    I do not know if every single one of them got reported via support using screenshots. But i do know that many of them were.

Also as a side point - why have a report button if its evidently pointless to begin with
    That's disappointing then, Kabam probably has proof of a fair few of the modders in the top 100 waiting unread in their mailbox, all they need to do is look and see the 10 second fights.

My guess with the report button is that it could be used one of two ways. 1, if people are getting excessively reported, they're worth looking into. People get salty and report people for fair wins, so there's no point looking into every match. 2, if the button compiles into a database you could select all where the rank of the defender is the same as, or higher than the attacker and then view all that are less than 10 seconds, or less than 10 hits (excluding where quake is the attacker). Then you could sort by leaderboard, and view the ones that are at the top (where modders are more likely to be) and you've got your list of suspects to look at. Cross reference with any reported directly to support for extra evidence.

That's how I would design it personally, maybe Kabam use it differently, (or intended to use it differently, nobody has been banned). I know that the above wouldn't catch everyone, but at the moment they haven't caught *anyone*, so at least you could find the most egregious.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

I hope rankings stand and modders excluded from rewards

TheKiryu said:

Out of top 50 there are likely only 9 legitimate players apparently.

Here’s the true top 10 rankings apparently (Found On Line App compiled by someone who went through all accounts)

1. KT1
    2. Beewee
    3. Beroman
    4. Steeler
    5. CrazyBunnyBoy
    6. JabariDarker
    7. DarkPontyus
    8. HappyMcMuffins
    9. TJarvis
    10. Lagacy

Also there were 4 accounts in top 10 who (admitted by the player himself) abused matchmaking and boosted main accounts using their alts.

@TheKiryu do you know for a fact that the modders in the top 100 were reported to Kabam using screenshots and their support function?

I ask because the “report player” button will probably be used too often to be of much use, but someone who is modding and finishes a fight in 10 seconds against an R4 is obviously modding. And screenshots show that.

If we know that all these players are modding and have been reported, then we know that there’s a serious breakdown in the process of reporting and banning. I can understand it is hard to tell who is modding just from the leaderboard, and maybe just a list of fights that have been reported. But if you have proof that is screenshotted and sent to Kabam, then either that are not looking at it - easy fix, look at it. Or they are looking at it and cannot do anything about it.

If it’s the latter then as I said, serious breakdown in the process. That’s for Kabam to look at and fix, not us, but I would appreciate some input on what went wrong here to allow these cheaters to remain in the top
    Knowing what I know about the mode... I'd do this if I was Kabam... keep records of the fight duration and number of hits. Not rely on player submissions and screenshots. People finishing fights in under x seconds or y hits, auto ban. Dont release x and y figures or tell people what you're doing as people may figure an alternative exploit.
    I'd do similar, but you'd need to put other factors in. In your method, someone who faced a 1* champion would get banned. Someone who used quake would be banned. There needs to be other factors, like "Where champion star and rank of the defender is higher or equal to attacker" amongst others.
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    This was a big let down for everyone who played BGs seriously.
    Specially that there’s alot that goes into playing BGs seriously, like strategizing, building a deck and spending your top resources to rank certain champs, spending so much time and effort on playing the game mode, spending units and money on tokens and so much more
    If Kabam doesn’t care about if anyone does all that or simply downloading and using a mod then how any of those players who played fairly can be anything but angry
    What do you think anyone who hit that report button feel right now!
    I am no wining, I’m simply asking Kabam to care about their loyal costumers and take their side i stead of advocating for cheating with not banning cheaters or removing them from leaderboard
  • Masquerade1981Masquerade1981 Posts: 294
    This is such a big problem. BGs exposed it but it's obviously a problem for AW as well. All the time the dev team spent "improving" BGs from it's beta form to Season 1 should have been spent on sniffing out and banning modders without human intervention, live as it's happening.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    Surprisingly not surprised.

No action = me not playing this game mode as much as I did in SZN 1.
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★

This is such a big problem. BGs exposed it but it's obviously a problem for AW as well. All the time the dev team spent "improving" BGs from it's beta form to Season 1 should have been spent on sniffing out and banning modders without human intervention, live as it's happening.

I agree, there are few alliances at the top of AW leaderboard that have been banned multiple times and this season they are on top of leaderboard again
    When an alliance gets the top spot and gets docked for cheating it means they needed to cheat to be at the top or else why would they cheat and now that they are at the top again, how is it possible that they are now the best alliance and they no longer need to cheat

It led people to believe that Kabam doesn’t permanently bann them cause many of them are spenders and whales
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 342 ★★★
    I've heard reports of top 10 AW alliance players using mod and doing very suspicious fights, using suicides without losing health with champions without immunity. Who guarantees that the competitive integrity of alliance wars is secure? The impression I get is that the game is completely dropped and nothing is going to be done.
    I must remind you that the top 100 arenas are full of players using bot and mod. I'm tired, what are you guys doing with your game? You only care about relics, 7* and whatever else you can monetize. This is very serious, there are 4 million rated accounts using mods, there are people taking champions in the arena with bots, BG is given to hackers.