**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honestly, what was the thought process behind this SQ???

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
This time I don't wanna talk about rewards at all. Enough was written on that topic and I'd only sound like a broken record at this point.

My "issue" (or rather a question) is, what made anyone think this way of acquiring entries is a good idea?

We have one entry per day. That's nice. You have to solve a riddle, that's nice flavour. And then what? So far it has had pretty new champs (Toad, Sauron, Knull etc), who aren't commonly found in the quests. So, if you solve the riddle, what are you supposed to do? Practise doesn't count, which I absolutely don't understand. The champs aren't in quests, so unless you own the said champion, you are left with two options: Google and Forums. Because outside of duels, you have no chance of finding the target.

It may be a bit harsh, but in what universe does this even distantly look like a good idea? Having to use outside sources to play the game is just so absurd! I hate it with every cell of my body. The most surprising part is, why can't we use practise??? Is it not enough to solve a daily riddle to earn the entry? Apparently not. You have to shut the game and go google a duel target, sweet /s

I myself have no problem with it, because I am a forum nolifer, so finding the targets is simple, but you can't expect that from every player, that's just silly, it adds no fun and it is just a neat way to make everyone's life one step more complicated.

Rant over, disagree is right here, below this sentence. Ciao!

Comments

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    While I'm ambivalent on the trivia side, completely agree on the the need to remove practice.
    Somebody just overthought it. The idea that you find the champ in your roster vs googling it sucks the fun out of actually knowing who to fight.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Massive overreaction dude. Most of the time you can type the champion's name in the duel search and you'll have a hit. You can also check EQ and see if the champ is in any of the maps, or as others have suggested, check the forums. No idea why you need to shut the game for that.

It's meant to be a playful thing. Might not be your cup of tea but hardly the thing to start WW3 over.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

You don't have to Google anything. There are 3 or 4 duel target threads here on the forums with people doing the work you are above doing. Wait like 15 minutes after the new objective and come to the forums.

Such a trivial thing to complain about.

True, but you shouldn’t have to come to the forums just to know how to complete an in-game mission. Most players don’t even use the forum. It would be much simpler if practice fights were allowed.
    You don't need to. I'm responding to OP's problem. I like figuring out the answer on my own.
  • Options

Why does you having the champ or not make a difference?

Less people having champions would make it harder to find duel targets
  • Options
    WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    If you arr in allaince someone allways give you answer to find heroes etc.. but yes to get anything else only candy from SQ makes me angry and this is so unfair...to wisch luck myself and to failed.
    Very good idea let it to the luck congratulation i am getting nervous what we will get for christmas 😬🙄
  • Options
    altavista said:

You don't have to Google anything. There are 3 or 4 duel target threads here on the forums with people doing the work you are above doing. Wait like 15 minutes after the new objective and come to the forums.

While it is a trivial thing to complain about, it is also trivial to make it (1) not an annoyance at all or (2) less of an annoyance.

Simply by allowing practice to count already makes it less of an annoyance for a decent chunk of players. Allowing practice to count also does not prevent people from still using Google/Forum threads to duel (the solution you are championing). It is a win/win (and potentially cuts down on the number of forum posts everyday by people not using the pre-existing Threads asking who to duel).

You can argue that specifically excluding practice is a developer choice to promote community engagement. While it does do that in a sense, it is also extremely patronizing. "Play this SQ the way we want you to play it" feels heavy handed.

Even if an issue is small, we should still complain about it. It still provides feedback to the developers to improve their game (even if there is a small chance that forum moderators pass on the forum feedback to the developers).

Even if they allowed practice fight, which I'm fine with, OPs issue is knowing what the target is. The objectives give you clues and you have to figure it out on your own.

And, yes, it's exactly "Play the SQ the way we want you to play it". We're playing their game. Y'all find any and every way to complain about every single aspect of this game because it doesn't cater your every single personal desire. Some things you just need to accept and move on. It's not Altavista's Contest of Champions.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    I agree with @Demonzfyre but less extreme on the take.

I think Rifts are fun, and figuring things outside of the game isn’t necessarily bad design and finding duel targets outside of practice mode is essentially a scavenger hunt within MCOC. And we all love scavenger hunts.

Remember, Kabam need to vary it up to keep things interesting for the player base. If we stick to one SQ then we will probably stop appreciating it and complain about a lack of variety.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

While it is a trivial thing to complain about, it is also trivial to make it (1) not an annoyance at all or (2) less of an annoyance.

Simply by allowing practice to count already makes it less of an annoyance for a decent chunk of players. Allowing practice to count also does not prevent people from still using Google/Forum threads to duel (the solution you are championing). It is a win/win (and potentially cuts down on the number of forum posts everyday by people not using the pre-existing Threads asking who to duel).

You can argue that specifically excluding practice is a developer choice to promote community engagement. While it does do that in a sense, it is also extremely patronizing. "Play this SQ the way we want you to play it" feels heavy handed.

Even if an issue is small, we should still complain about it. It still provides feedback to the developers to improve their game (even if there is a small chance that forum moderators pass on the forum feedback to the developers).

Even if they allowed practice fight, which I'm fine with, OPs issue is knowing what the target is. The objectives give you clues and you have to figure it out on your own.

Please read the OP again. They are specifically complaining about having to google the duel target instead of just doing practice fights. They are not complaining about having to solve the riddle.
    You can't google duel targets....
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,405 ★★★★★
    Candy
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 794 ★★★
    Am i the only one enjoy finding target using outside resources? I'm using line chat to find the target, but only gorr i can't found but lucky some chat at global telling me what the target. Also it done under 5 minutes, and i shared it with my ally and other friends who playing mcoc so they can progress it too. Also none of mcoc player that i know complaining about this, until this post, even the one who just starting.

NO PAIN NO GAIN
  • Options
    Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Please read the OP again. They are specifically complaining about having to google the duel target instead of just doing practice fights. They are not complaining about having to solve the riddle.
    Yeah you can. Do you even know how google works? Just type "mcoc sauron duel target" and bam, youve googled for the target. So far ive been able to find every target except Purgatory that way.
  • Options
    Primis00 said:

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Yeah you can. Do you even know how google works? Just type "mcoc sauron duel target" and bam, youve googled for the target. So far ive been able to find every target except Purgatory that way.
    All that comes up is links to the forums.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

Primis00 said:

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Did you expect the game to open up and show you the profile of the champ you want to duel from the google search window? Or did you expect to click on a link which will start the duel? Of course it will show you links of places where you can find the duel target.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options

Primis00 said:

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

bruh
    then do you tell people you cant find anything on google just because google redirects you to some other website? lmao

mcoc forums search is broken so its better to google and find it that way.
    plus you can google and solve the riddle as well so calm your yOu CaNt GoogLE DueL TarGeTs
    google is very useful
    Why would I Google something only just to have to come back here?