**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do Battlegrounds alliance points roll over?

Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
edited October 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Greetings. I just moved to a new alliance and had 300k+ points contributed to the Battlegrounds alliance event. I was wondering if my points will reflect in the new alliance? Right now it's showing just 3k from the few matches I had today.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★
    Nope, your old alliance thanks you for the points, your new alliance hopes you match said points
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
    I can't match said points, I'm at Gladiator's circuit so I won't have the elders marks to do so. So with the current setup, it means all my hard work and that of every other player that has switched alliances will just vanish into thin air?
    Zan0 said:

I can't match said points, I'm at Gladiator's circuit so I won't have the elders marks to do so. So with the current setup, it means all my hard work and that of every other player that has switched alliances will just vanish into thin air?

No it didn’t just vanish your old alliance keeps them. but you can’t just expect kabam to allow you to take your points you scored in an alliance event away from said alliance when you leave
    But they are my points, they weren't generated by the other members of the alliance. They should be contributed to whichever alliance I move to, not left behind for free to an old alliance that didn't earn said points.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★

Zan0 said:

No it didn’t just vanish your old alliance keeps them. but you can’t just expect kabam to allow you to take your points you scored in an alliance event away from said alliance when you leave
    But they are my points, they weren't generated by the other members of the alliance. They should be contributed to whichever alliance I move to, not left behind for free to an old alliance that didn't earn said points.
    It has alwasy worked like that for summoner advancement too. In another note how long until you are eligible for the rewards in your new alliance for the bgs alliance event?

Zan0 said:

It has alwasy worked like that for summoner advancement too. In another note how long until you are eligible for the rewards in your new alliance for the bgs alliance event?
    This isn't comparable to summoner advancement because it happens weekly. With Battlegrounds, it's monthly. It would be awful to stay stuck in an alliance for a whole month just so you don't lose your points. It's also not like war season where you only need to participate in five wars when you move to another alliance in order to get the season rewards. With Battlegrounds, once you get to Gladiator's circuit it's near impossible to get back 300k+ without the elders marks gotten from moving up the ranks, unless you spend hundreds or maybe thousands of units on energy refills, and a lot of time.

As for your question, I personally don't really care at this point. It's just a bad feeling to lose all that hard work or rather having given it away for free. But to answer you, I think people are eligible for battlegrounds alliance rewards as soon as they contribute to the event.
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

This isn't comparable to summoner advancement because it happens weekly. With Battlegrounds, it's monthly. It would be awful to stay stuck in an alliance for a whole month just so you don't lose your points. It's also not like war season where you only need to participate in five wars when you move to another alliance in order to get the season rewards. With Battlegrounds, once you get to Gladiator's circuit it's near impossible to get back 300k+ without the elders marks gotten from moving up the ranks, unless you spend hundreds or maybe thousands of units on energy refills, and a lot of time.

As for your question, I personally don't really care at this point. It's just a bad feeling to lose all that hard work or rather having given it away for free. But to answer you, I think people are eligible for battlegrounds alliance rewards as soon as they contribute to the event.
    Then learn from this experience. You could have waited to put in those points in battlegrounds until you’d have swapped alliances if you knew you were gonna do it
    By the time I was planning my move, I'd already put up high points from the two-day milestones. It's only three fights to move up the rank until Diamond II/I and the two-day event requires three wins. Moreover, one doesn't always move to another alliance because they want to, sometimes it's because you have to. So there was really no way around it. But anyway, to your point - I'll just have to make sure I'm in a proper alliance in future before putting up high points.
  • Your SOLO points get to stay with you for your SOLO Event.
    Any ALLIANCE points are point totals for the ALLIANCE.

Not getting to bring your Ally points over with you works both ways too.
    You benefit in the Ally you are going over to because that Ally is getting to keep any points of the person who had left them, creating the opening to which you are now filling.

And imagine if indeed you got to move your points over.
    For ANY Ally Event (Summ.Adv, or other), where they are shooting for a certain Milestone or points amount. And then once they reach that level there is slowdown of more points.
    But then *BAM*, someone decides to leave and take their points with them (maybe even at the last hour or minute).
    Now suddenly the Ally is short of their target goal.
    (if they had known sooner that their target goal would be pulled out from under them, perhaps others would then have done some more, but they weren’t given such time).

Now, would *that* be fair ??

And don’t suggest as a follow up that the points should BOTH get to stay, AND also come with you. Imagine how many top-tier people would just all continually swap alliances round-n-round, duplicating the points over and over for all the Ally's involved in that.

Your SOLO points get to stay with you for your SOLO Event.
    Any ALLIANCE points are point totals for the ALLIANCE.

Not getting to bring your Ally points over with you works both ways too.
    You benefit in the Ally you are going over to because that Ally is getting to keep any points of the person who had left them, creating the opening to which you are now filling.

And imagine if indeed you got to move your points over.
    For ANY Ally Event (Summ.Adv, or other), where they are shooting for a certain Milestone or points amount. And then once they reach that level there is slowdown of more points.
    But then *BAM*, someone decides to leave and take their points with them (maybe even at the last hour or minute).
    Now suddenly the Ally is short of their target goal.
    (if they had known sooner that their target goal would be pulled out from under them, perhaps others would then have done some more, but they weren’t given such time).

Now, would *that* be fair ??

And don’t suggest as a follow up that the points should BOTH get to stay, AND also come with you. Imagine how many top-tier people would just all continually swap alliances round-n-round, duplicating the points over and over for all the Ally's involved in that.

The only problem is that I was one of the top 5 on points with about 350k, I would also be that in the new alliance. The person I replaced only scored 25k. Most people are at about 20-50k in points. Not many people are pushing high scores in Battlegrounds, so leaving free points to the other alliance is the problem. There are no more than 5-6 people pushing high scores in either alliance, or several other alliances for that matter.

Zan0 said:

"an old alliance that didnt earn said points"
    Can you explain me then how exactly does an alliance earn points?

according to me
    An alliance earns points when the members in that alliance earns those points.
    You were a member of the old alliance when you earned those points
    hence the points you earned during staying in that old alliance means those points have in fact been earned by the old alliance.

If you say that your points are your points only then none of the alliances can claim your points and you should not get any alliance BG event rewards at all at the end of the season.
    I meant that it's different when you're one of the players pushing big points to help the rest of the alliance out. I'm a player that likes to carry my own weight, that's in war/aq/battlegrounds, etc. I don't like to rely on others, so that's why it's hard for me to be at the bottom in my current alliance with 9k points when I left almost 350k in my last alliance. What's especially frustrating about it is that on top of helping to push Battlegrounds points, I was recruited there to help them out during season and made officer for war planning, and they let me down. I put in a lot of work for nothing, I'm not sure if you know how that feels but it's really difficult to deal with.
  • _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 214 ★★★
    Don't see anything wrong with the current setup on points belonging to the alliance, but seems would be useful to realign BG seasons with AW seasons

Zan0 said:

"an old alliance that didnt earn said points"
    Can you explain me then how exactly does an alliance earn points?

according to me
    An alliance earns points when the members in that alliance earns those points.
    You were a member of the old alliance when you earned those points
    hence the points you earned during staying in that old alliance means those points have in fact been earned by the old alliance.

If you say that your points are your points only then none of the alliances can claim your points and you should not get any alliance BG event rewards at all at the end of the season.
    I meant that it's different when you're one of the players pushing big points to help the rest of the alliance out. I'm a player that likes to carry my own weight, that's in war/aq/battlegrounds, etc. I don't like to rely on others, so that's why it's hard for me to be at the bottom in my current alliance with 9k points when I left almost 350k in my last alliance. What's especially frustrating about it is that on top of helping to push Battlegrounds points, I was recruited there to help them out during season and made officer for war planning, and they let me down. I put in a lot of work for nothing, I'm not sure if you know how that feels but it's really difficult to deal with.
    I understand how you feel I also like to do more than necessary to get the war mvp and having lots of points in events to feel even better.
    There's just not much you can do in this situation.
    the old ally hasn't done anything wrong they haven't stolen your points.
    you were in that ally while playing all those BG rounds.
    you realize that your old ally could hv had another person who would have who knows played more BG than even you (its a hypothetical situation just think anything can happen) but they gave you the chance or you were forced to whichever it is the ally kept you as a member and you played while being the member there.

if everyone was allowed to just take their points away imagine an ally wanted to score high in BGs and then suddenly one day before BG event ends most o the top scorers leave and take their points away
    they wouldnt hv added these players to their alliance if they knew they would take their points away.

you cant expect kabam to know who is being invited or who is doing some ally a favour by being there. thats alliance politics kabam cant interfere with.
    your alliance earned those points fair and square and there's really nothing you can do about it.
    It is a shame that your huge amount of points wont be considered in your current ally which means when you receive the bg alliance event rewards you will definitely feel like what if my points were here but best thing to do is just forget it its gonna be a thing of the past soon
    Makes sense, thank you. All in all, lesson learned. Just have to make sure I'm in a good alliance for the Battlegrounds seasons to come.