Options

Do the right thing kabam!

With battle grounds coming to an end I'm curious to see if any if the modders are punished. I personally believe they should receive no rank rewards. I also believe their alliances they are in should receive no rank rewards. And for the people that's going to say "but their alliance doesn't know". I can guarantee they do know and probably multiple people in there do it and tell each other how to do it. Ban their accounts and clean the game up. It's quite unfair to those of us who play the right way. Especially when we've played this game for 4,5, and 6 years. Make it happen Karam and show some integrity and loyalty to your long standing players that play the game the right way.

Comments

• Options
    Sokrates_77Sokrates_77 Posts: 13
    Although I have been playing for 7 years and I am Thronebreaker, I am still kind of a noob. What is modder and how do one cheat at battlegrounds? Is sandbagging cheating? Almost 50% of the people I played against were sandbagging. I am asking since I want to make sure I am seen as cheating.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    The cheaters definitely should be banned and receive no rewards. The alliance however imo should be notified and if it happens for X number of times should be punished with reduced rank rewards but not zero rewards. That will shift some of the responsibilities from Kabam to alliances in combating cheating and modding. A lot of alliances dislike modding and when they’re notified of a cheater will definitely investigate. An alliance member played a modder yesterday, reported to the alliance leader and they removed him. Many times when alliances have a modder, after some time some teammates will suspect unless they don’t play competitive alliance modes. A report from someone else in a different alliance will either confirm the suspicion or will move them to serious investigations.
  • Options
    Dwayne55 said:

With battle grounds coming to an end I'm curious to see if any if the modders are punished. I personally believe they should receive no rank rewards. I also believe their alliances they are in should receive no rank rewards. And for the people that's going to say "but their alliance doesn't know". I can guarantee they do know and probably multiple people in there do it and tell each other how to do it. Ban their accounts and clean the game up. It's quite unfair to those of us who play the right way. Especially when we've played this game for 4,5, and 6 years. Make it happen Karam and show some integrity and loyalty to your long standing players that play the game the right way.

They'll just make new mod accounts lol
  • Options
    Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123

Dwayne55 said:

It takes years to build a big account.
  • Options
    Dwayne55 said:

Dwayne55 said:

It takes less than a day for modders to get thronebreaker
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

The cheaters definitely should be banned and receive no rewards. The alliance however imo should be notified and if it happens for X number of times should be punished with reduced rank rewards but not zero rewards. That will shift some of the responsibilities from Kabam to alliances in combating cheating and modding. A lot of alliances dislike modding and when they’re notified of a cheater will definitely investigate. An alliance member played a modder yesterday, reported to the alliance leader and they removed him. Many times when alliances have a modder, after some time some teammates will suspect unless they don’t play competitive alliance modes. A report from someone else in a different alliance will either confirm the suspicion or will move them to serious investigations.

Yeah I mean thats cool and all but they just play3d the whole season racking up points for that alliance which isn't right to the alliances playing the right way. Of course they will boot em now the season is about to expire and they've already got their points from them lol.
  • Options
    I think removing all their points from the alliance event would be good. But next season if the same accounts are doing the same stuff there is a big proble.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Dwayne55 said:

Dwayne55 said:

It takes less than a day for modders to get thronebreaker
    I don't consider thronebreaker a big account personally.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★
    Dwayne55 said:

I also believe their alliances they are in should receive no rank rewards. And for the people that's going to say "but their alliance doesn't know". I can guarantee they do know and probably multiple people in there do it and tell each other how to do it.

Well as long as you can guarantee it, then I don't need any proof.
  • Options
    Yall sound awful reluctant to not want to punish the people cheating but that's just my 2 cents. These people cha ge the game at the top so much its not even funny. A lot of the people doing it have 14 to 15k prestige accounts. You think they're not taking someone else's spot out of the good AQ rewards or AW rewards that's not cheating where once again their alliances who "might" not know about it is also reaping the benefits. This is the last comment I'm going to have on it but if you all believe that I've got ocean side property in Arizona I'll sale you cheap
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Dwayne55 said:

This is the last comment I'm going to have on it but if you all believe that I've got ocean side property in Arizona I'll sale you cheap

How cheap :smiley:
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Dwayne55 said:

Yall sound awful reluctant to not want to punish the people cheating but that's just my 2 cents. These people cha ge the game at the top so much its not even funny. A lot of the people doing it have 14 to 15k prestige accounts. You think they're not taking someone else's spot out of the good AQ rewards or AW rewards that's not cheating where once again their alliances who "might" not know about it is also reaping the benefits. This is the last comment I'm going to have on it but if you all believe that I've got ocean side property in Arizona I'll sale you cheap

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that cheaters should be punished. The big problem with punishing cheaters is determining who they are. Any system for flagging cheaters will falsely flag some legitimate players, and also miss some real cheaters. A good system needs to strike a balance between the two. If you look at the extreme ends of the spectrum its easy to see why compromise is necessary. Imagine if anyone who was reported at least once during the season was docked as a cheater. Pretty much every cheater would be caught, but so would a huge number of other people. Alternatively, they could choose to not punish anyone at all, in which case no one is falsely accused of cheating, but no cheaters are docked. Historically, Kabam has leaned more towards the side of grace, and has only punished players who have overwhelming evidence against them. There are very few people falsely accused of cheating, but there are also some highly suspicious accounts that go unpunished
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    i agree but maybe alliances getting deducted the points granted by modders is a more practical solution
  • Options
    Dwayne55 said:

Dwayne55 said:

It takes 30 minutes to make a good mod account with good rank ups
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Although I have been playing for 7 years and I am Thronebreaker, I am still kind of a noob. What is modder and how do one cheat at battlegrounds? Is sandbagging cheating? Almost 50% of the people I played against were sandbagging. I am asking since I want to make sure I am seen as cheating.

@Sokrates_77 In terms of punishment, sandbagging is not cheating. It shouldn't be a thing but no one is getting docked or banned for it. It is not what OP is referring to.

The thing he's most referring to is running a program on your device that will modify attributes within a fight (i.e. you and your opponents attack and health) so that they can achieve otherwise impossible scores (kill a R4 6* Nick Fury in less than 10 seconds for example. These people should have their accounts banned and their rewards stripped.

The second biggest example is people intentionally utilizing the accept/decline in matchmaking to basically "face themselves". This way they can use a secondary or throwaway account to intentionally lose against their Main account, thus boosting the main account score and rating. This one is a slightly more grey area than the example above but should also have repercussions. Especially if that secondary account was using the above means to actually get to that level.
  • Options

i agree but maybe alliances getting deducted the points granted by modders is a more practical solution

This is a big part of it too. As unfortunate as it may be, the Alliances have to get docked. It's really the only way to get accountability from everyone. Whether the alliances knows about it or not, you have to incentivize cheaters being removed from the alliance. You have to continue to compound the repercussions for cheaters and anyone who tolerates it for their own personal gain. Know we shouldn't be banning people cuz someone else in their alliance cheated but it needs to be evident that having a cheater in your alliance is a liability in every way and not an asset in any way.
  • Options
    PureLowePureLowe Posts: 12
    I reported a modder to his alliance, I told the officer if he want I can send the video and screenshots. He just said he will discuss with his alliance and didn't ask for the evidence. The guy is still there
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    The biggest issue I think for keeping track of accounts that mod/cheat and haven't been banned is the fact that they can change their name and just disappear. I know of one account who was a confirmed cheater.....I went to go look him up and that account name was no longer around. I know there are a lot of PROS for being able to change your account name with minimal unit/monetary investment, but this has to be the biggest CON.... I know it's not intended but I feel like it's helping cheaters escape detection/being kept track of in the community.
  • Options
    frodo2377 said:

The biggest issue I think for keeping track of accounts that mod/cheat and haven't been banned is the fact that they can change their name and just disappear. I know of one account who was a confirmed cheater.....I went to go look him up and that account name was no longer around. I know there are a lot of PROS for being able to change your account name with minimal unit/monetary investment, but this has to be the biggest CON.... I know it's not intended but I feel like it's helping cheaters escape detection/being kept track of in the community.

This is why it's important to use the Report User function. I'm all but sure Kabam has some kind of unique identifier for every account that they can refer to that doesn't get changed when a Name Change thing is used.
  • Options
    Sokrates_77Sokrates_77 Posts: 13
    @K00shMaan thanks for your anwer
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    As someone who is the leader of an alliance that was just docked points in AW due to someone cheating, I figured I can offer some perspective on whether or not I "definitely knew" that someone was cheating.

I did not. None of us did. Not only did we not suspect it to be the case at the time, but we also weren't even notified about the reason for our sudden drop in the rankings by Kabam. We just fell from Gold 3 to Silver 1 with no explanation. I had to ask Kabam Support to get some information about what had happened.

So alliance members don't "definitely know". That's an oversimplification that I think is indicative of not knowing how the system works (and how it doesn't work). If alliances were notified about cheaters in their midst and thus could take reliable action, it would be one thing. As it stands, that's not the case and that makes it really hard to take action.

Furthermore, Kabam's system for catching cheaters is...not flawless. I've personally been banned twice. One ban was fully legit and due to a breach of the TOS (even if I wasn't "cheating" per se). The other ban was fully unwarranted, though, even if I can understand why the system flagged my account. These experiences make me hesitant to kick people if I'm not presented with compelling evidence, which is why it's so annoying that Kabam doesn't reach out with any whatsoever.

All of that said, I am perfectly fine with alliances being docked points if members there are cheating. That is completely fair and justified. However, if alliances are expected to self-regulate or face even harsher penalties, there need to be additional systems to make that regulation possible. As it stands, I feel like our alliance was very much left out to dry by Kabam. We were punished for reasons that were never explained, by someone who was never identified (by Kabam; we eventually found and kicked him ourselves). Under those circumstances, it's very difficult to do the right thing.
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

frodo2377 said:

This is why it's important to use the Report User function. I'm all but sure Kabam has some kind of unique identifier for every account that they can refer to that doesn't get changed when a Name Change thing is used.
    I'm sure Kabam has a way to keep track (hopefully), but the community does not....and that's my point. I'm trying to illustrate how cheaters end up in alliances again once they've been outed by changing their account name and disappearing into the void so to speak. Nobody is going to invite Johnny into the ally if he's a suspected/known cheater. He changes his name to Billy and now nobody knows.
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 210
    Agree with the above from @K00shMaan that it’s important to report obvious modders every time and include screenshots. With regards to an alliance knowing whether their players are modding, I can say from experience that modding BGs are different from AW in some respects, at least at the upper levels. Modding in AW is hard for an alliance to detect because the modder is the only one that sees the hit count, and is probably not taking screenshots of his modded fights and sharing them with the alliance. In BGs, you can easily pull up the stats after a match where you suspect modding.There are some BG Line chats that include members from all of the top alliances where the proof of modding are shared. If a guy from a top alliance is modding, then the alliance knows and is either ignoring or endorsing the cheating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    No matter how you dispute it, they're not going to divulge a list of Players that have been caught cheating.
  • Options
    Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 85
    I personally got sick and tired of coming up against paragon players that where using 2* in the roster, I grinded endlessly to just end up becoming stuck on diamond 3, hours and hours of game play, I did end up reporting some of these accounts, makes it not enjoyable when these fools keep cheating.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I'm sure ban waves are coming for those modders and they won't get rewards
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,031 ★★★★★
    Team_Sly said:

I personally got sick and tired of coming up against paragon players that where using 2* in the roster, I grinded endlessly to just end up becoming stuck on diamond 3, hours and hours of game play, I did end up reporting some of these accounts, makes it not enjoyable when these fools keep cheating.

Sandbagging isn't cheating. It's unsportsmanlike, but not cheating