Options

When can we expect our battlegrounds rewards?

Comments

• Options

I neeeeeed themmm

for real! i've been waiting for my juicy 6-star shards
  • Options
    i think it will come out November 18th (GMT+8)
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    KAYDA_F2P said:

Well, there are plenty of examples of cheaters, both in BG and AW, still active in this game... there are alliances where members run mods, among the top 100... and they are still active… so I don't think there's a grey, bearded wizard standing and saying "You shall not pass" at the outer limit of what's legal...and they don't fall into a deep black hole they can't crawl out of either...🧙🏻‍♂️

That's why I couldn't care about the fact that kabam is delaying rewards to filter cheaters, they couldn't do that in the past and I don't think much will change now, I hope I'm wrong though
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Ya that is something I don't get. Not sure how that comes back as "inconclusive".
  • Options
    Because so many of the whales have big budgets and fat thumbs. A fat roster isn’t an indication of skill. There are big whales with skills - the likes of 4Loki, NewN. I only played 2-3 TCN members through the whole season but a gazillion other masterful+ players because they’re sat there with their butler’s phone match making their alts.

Sean_Who said:

Have to make sure they don't accidentally ban any whales too, gotta filter those out manually.

Would be interesting to see if they show leaderboards this time after bans.

Why would a "whale" need to cheat? What kind of stupid comment is that?

The leaderboard won't change like last time because they're legally not able to show who gets banned or anything.

Sean_Who said:

Have to make sure they don't accidentally ban any whales too, gotta filter those out manually.

The leaderboard won't change like last time because they're legally not able to show who gets banned or anything.
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Because so many of the whales have big budgets and fat thumbs. A fat roster isn’t an indication of skill. There are big whales with skills - the likes of 4Loki, NewN. I only played 2-3 TCN members through the whole season but a gazillion other masterful+ players because they’re sat there with their butler’s phone match making their alts.

Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

I played with a lot of TCN and more than half using cheats 100%.
    Same told my ally members who either in celestial/myst
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,171 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Yeah many of these posts could have been avoided if they had announced the rewards would be several days delayed in paying out after the event ended during the season 2 announcement notes. A lot people assumed it would take a couple hours like with AW and AQ.
    It's understandable that they're trying to make it as fair as possible for everyone and getting out the cheaters, but the heads up on this right from the start would have been ideal
  • Options
    MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Posts: 126 ★★

"Hey everyone,
    Got word back from the game team. At this point in their investigation the team has decided that no action can be taken to issue these rewards; the analysis of data came back inconclusive. They will, instead, turn their attention to trying to ensure this issue does not reappear in future."

IYKYK 😂

Exactly lol. Some of us didnt even get season 1 rewards and everyone here talking about season 2 rewards. Thats a lot of faith
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

This guy acting like Kabam would catch a libel lawsuit for showing us igns of folks who get banned for cheating.

You must make a killing as a defense lawyer 😂😂😂😂
    If Kabam's Lawyers say they're prohibited from sharing that information, they're not going to contradict that, no matter how entitled to the information people feel. It's not a question of want. It's a question of not going to happen.
    What you call "entitled" is what normal people call "accountability" or "transparency".
    Transparency doesn't entail breaking the law to reveal information.
    "Law"

Please detail said "laws" that apply to IGNs on a mobile app. Please detail what injury would caused to someone by an IGN being on a leaderboard and then removed.

Me thinks you're not a legal scholar.
    Aight, well then I’ll weigh in as a legal scholar.

Your original statement was to the effect of disbelief that Kabam would be sued for defamation if they made public a list of in-game name of accounts banned for modding. You are half right. It is fairly well settled law (in most nations) that the truth is a defense to any defamation claim (this is suuuuper simplified for the purposes of this discussion, there’s still a lot of nuance here), and assuming Kabam knows for sure that the player is modding and can prove it, then they would win such a lawsuit.

But what you’re forgetting is nobody wants to deal with a lawsuit. Sure, Kabam would win if it got to that point, but it’s far more likely that they’d reach an out of court settlement where they end up shelling out some amount of money less than they would’ve paid in attorney’s fees for having to handle the lawsuit.

It’s not a question of legal or illegal, it’s a question of “could this action result in some frivolous or bad faith lawsuit (or even a legitimate one if we messed up the ban) that we don’t want to deal with.” Kabam’s legal department says yes, it could result in a lawsuit, so we’re not gonna do that.

From what I can tell, it’s fairly standard practice in the gaming industry not to name players who are having action taken against them, possibly for this reason. I don’t know if this is why Kabam chooses not to publish names, but it does make some sense. Just because something is legal, does not mean it is without consequence or cost.
    Nobody is asking for the names/list of banned players, just an updated leaderboard like they do in AW after they clear out the cheaters. There is no harm in that, but it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    They will send rewards friday 10:00 am
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

This guy acting like Kabam would catch a libel lawsuit for showing us igns of folks who get banned for cheating.

If Kabam's Lawyers say they're prohibited from sharing that information, they're not going to contradict that, no matter how entitled to the information people feel. It's not a question of want. It's a question of not going to happen.
    What you call "entitled" is what normal people call "accountability" or "transparency".
    "Law"

Please detail said "laws" that apply to IGNs on a mobile app. Please detail what injury would caused to someone by an IGN being on a leaderboard and then removed.

Your original statement was to the effect of disbelief that Kabam would be sued for defamation if they made public a list of in-game name of accounts banned for modding. You are half right. It is fairly well settled law (in most nations) that the truth is a defense to any defamation claim (this is suuuuper simplified for the purposes of this discussion, there’s still a lot of nuance here), and assuming Kabam knows for sure that the player is modding and can prove it, then they would win such a lawsuit.

But what you’re forgetting is nobody wants to deal with a lawsuit. Sure, Kabam would win if it got to that point, but it’s far more likely that they’d reach an out of court settlement where they end up shelling out some amount of money less than they would’ve paid in attorney’s fees for having to handle the lawsuit.

It’s not a question of legal or illegal, it’s a question of “could this action result in some frivolous or bad faith lawsuit (or even a legitimate one if we messed up the ban) that we don’t want to deal with.” Kabam’s legal department says yes, it could result in a lawsuit, so we’re not gonna do that.

From what I can tell, it’s fairly standard practice in the gaming industry not to name players who are having action taken against them, possibly for this reason. I don’t know if this is why Kabam chooses not to publish names, but it does make some sense. Just because something is legal, does not mean it is without consequence or cost.
    Nobody is asking for the names/list of banned players, just an updated leaderboard like they do in AW after they clear out the cheaters. There is no harm in that, but it's not going to happen.

I mean, at least one person is. And it’s the person I was responding to.

I tend to agree that a final leaderboard is probably safe and fine, and honestly I think last time they said it was a technical problem that resulted in the final leaderboard not being made public in game. But I can see a reason why a company may decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wicket329 said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

"Law"

When your lawyer says one thing and some schmuck on the internet says something else, your lawyer should have the last word
    Can I please get this framed and maybe have you yell it through a megaphone at my clients
    I suspect Physicians feel the same way with Google MD.
  • Options
    gmonie333gmonie333 Posts: 3

i am already starting to forget we played battlegrounds

Battlegrounds?
    What's that?