**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New AQ Thanksgiving Day

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

I am going to be cooking, but I'll get my paths done. I do have to say I do not understand their thought process. Lets bring out major changes to all levels of one of the pillars of the game. With all the possibility of bugs and breakdowns that come with major changes. On the day before one of the biggest sale days of the year. Just seems like asking for trouble. When if you just pushed the changes 1 week, even if there were bugs you would already have all the cyber weekend money. It is just weird to me.

Because the world doesn't exist in your little bubble. Kabam isn't affected by the deals either way because they don't get that revenue outside the form of their salaries.

I am going to be cooking, but I'll get my paths done. I do have to say I do not understand their thought process. Lets bring out major changes to all levels of one of the pillars of the game. With all the possibility of bugs and breakdowns that come with major changes. On the day before one of the biggest sale days of the year. Just seems like asking for trouble. When if you just pushed the changes 1 week, even if there were bugs you would already have all the cyber weekend money. It is just weird to me.

Because the world doesn't exist in your little bubble. Kabam isn't affected by the deals either way because they don't get that revenue outside the form of their salaries.
    This is a salient point. We all know that bugs are inherent in every new update. Introducing something with the potential for failure and enraging your customer base BEFORE the biggest money maker of year is a bad business decision. That has nothing to do with holidays.

Glad to see you are back to defending indiscriminately.
    This thread is asking for them to postpone AQ specifically because of Thanksgiving. The MCOC community has proven time after time that bugs won't stop them from spending. AQ bugs (if there are any) won't stop people from spending on CW.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★

Very confused as to what bubble you think I am in? I very specifically did not say that it affected me timing wise. But somehow you think that the people that make decisions about feature roll outs have no information about which days might be the biggest sale days? Do you honestly think that no one that works at Kabam cares about if the game makes money, just because they are owned by Netmarble? Not a single person at Kabam has any stock in Netmarble and might also have an interest in both companies doing well? Not even the CEO that was installed from Netmarble?

I am all for the argument that american holiday doesn't take priority, but that isn't even what I said. I said I found it weird to be putting out major changes the day before the biggest sale day. The fact that the day before the biggest sale day is an American holiday is irrelevant. If the biggest sale day was Bastile day or Boxing day I would still find pushing major changes the day before to be weird.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 405 ★★★

This is a salient point. We all know that bugs are inherent in every new update. Introducing something with the potential for failure and enraging your customer base BEFORE the biggest money maker of year is a bad business decision. That has nothing to do with holidays.

Glad to see you are back to defending indiscriminately.
    This thread is asking for them to postpone AQ specifically because of Thanksgiving. The MCOC community has proven time after time that bugs won't stop them from spending. AQ bugs (if there are any) won't stop people from spending on CW.
    When you quote a specific post you should keep your comments to those points not the overall thread. And to say it’s never stopped people before is true but it doesn’t make it good strategy. As they say there’s always a first time and good businesses avoid unnecessary risks. To use a real world example, it’s like driving without a seatbelt because you’ve never had a wreck. It’s a choice based on past information but not a good one.
  • Again no one is saying postpone AQ in general….just hold off on the new mod rollout for a week. Run AQ as is….
  • OP, if you have a majority US based players, and dont want to force them to login for aq, an ideal solution, is shift to an older map for a week. Thats what we are doing.
  • Honestly, i dont think there is a need to postpone AQ even for Thanksgiving. I mean for me, it will take maybe 5-10 min or so to clear part of my path. Or wait until the day after Thanksgiving and use some energy boosts. I know i will find a way to log in. But its not fair to others who want aq to start normally. Besides i can see a lot of issues coming up if they try to postpone it
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Thanksgiving was in October.

That's CANADIAN thanksgiving.. it's like Canadian bacon, it's not really that but what the hell, we'll let you have it.
  • I am going to be cooking, but I'll get my paths done. I do have to say I do not understand their thought process. Lets bring out major changes to all levels of one of the pillars of the game. With all the possibility of bugs and breakdowns that come with major changes. On the day before one of the biggest sale days of the year. Just seems like asking for trouble. When if you just pushed the changes 1 week, even if there were bugs you would already have all the cyber weekend money. It is just weird to me.

December is when most game studios including Kabam give their employees extended breaks. So delaying from Thanksgiving to December would be delaying the AQ changes from the week when players will be stuffed with turkey to a week when the developers would no longer be in the office to fix problems.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    oh yeah Thanksgiving is a thing
  • This is what happens when people start celebrating Christmas earlier and earlier and forgetting thanksgiving
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Thanksgiving was in October.

That's CANADIAN thanksgiving.. it's like Canadian bacon, it's not really that but what the hell, we'll let you have it.
    For the record, not a damn soul here in Canada refers to ham as Canadian Bacon. ;)
    The game should shut down for 8 days for Hanukkah.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Sorry, we don't have Turkey day in Japan.