**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Team Revive Availability

So y'all decided to remove the alliance quest revives from the loyalty store but did not replace it anywhere else in any other part of the game.

So now we are limited to two revives from summoner advancement and four revives from the glory store per week for a total of six revives every week.

This is not sustainable for those players in alliances doing higher level AQ Maps and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

If you die more than six times per week during the AQ which let's be honest can happen to any of us (especially on map 8) then instead of being able to build up your revives you're going to go through them and your amount of revives are going to dwindle until you have none left and can no longer participate in the AQ unless you spend real world money on units in order to buy them from the unit store which is also not sustainable.

I'm surprised nobody behind the scenes realized this before the alliance quest revives were removed from the glory store.

If you take a look at the AQ scoring for your alliance and you are doing a higher map and have been for at least the last 60 days then you will notice that you're Alliance is ranking higher as far as Alliance quest rank Rewards because a lot of the higher level alliances are not able to access revives like they used to and they are dropping down to a lower map

I would really appreciate a response from somebody from Kabam on this post and I'll be waiting patiently on your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,079 ★★★★★

Only Mr 3000 can make a post 'why AQ revives should be free'. And then Kabam can do something about that in 2-3 years.

I am waiting for that
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing today, I'm running out of revives with no sustainable way to acquire them after they were removed from Glory store and not replaced. I don't use them much but I do sometimes when taking the minis.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    You can always move down a map and not spend on revives. It’s your choice to play whichever map you want but shouldn’t complain about needing to buy resources.
  • Options
    Hort4 said:

You can always move down a map and not spend on revives. It’s your choice to play whichever map you want but shouldn’t complain about needing to buy resources.

Clearly you're not affected by the revive issue, so I'm not sure why you're here.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★

Hort4 said:

Clearly you're not affected by the revive issue, so I'm not sure why you're here.
    Neither would you if you played the right map for your level.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Do you have Hercules?
    If no, get Hercules.
    If yes, how do you have a revive problem?
  • Options
    GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    K00shMaan said:

Do you have Hercules?
    If no, get Hercules.
    If yes, how do you have a revive problem?

Hercules is not always the “be all, and end all” champ for everything. He simply does not work the greatest (or at all) on certain AQ paths. That being said, I do bring my R4 Herc to AQ, and he does lay much waste to the fights I use him for, *but* a few too many slip-ups in a bad fight can leave you KO real quick (Nick Fury on Path 1 Section 2 for example).

While I do agree in that I would like to see a slight increase at least in the number of AQ team revives (or at least the addition of single champ revives at a cheaper cost), the best thing any of us could do is to try to bring the best champ(s) for our paths.

When my alliance first decided to make the switch from Map 6 straight to Map 8 earlier this year (this was before Map 6 became free and was shortened), the first entire month I had an extremely difficult time getting through my paths without heavy item use, quite often “iteming out” at some point in the week and having to buy health pots with units. And if I didn’t have the units, then I’d have to buy those. (The paths I took at first after the switch didn’t allow me to bring Herc, because he didn’t work well or at all for them.) Needless to say, I was *very* close to deciding to leave my alliance to go back to Map 6 because I thought I just couldn’t hack it and couldn’t keep spending money on units every week.

I take Path 7 in section 1, and I’ve tried CGR, Apoc and a few others but still found myself with very low health by the end of that path. Yes, I was suppose to have someone else helping me on that path at the time, but that “help” never helped, so I always had to clear it solo (That “help” is now no longer with us, and I still run the path solo).

Then on someone else suggestion, I finally decided to take my 5* King Groot to R5 and sunk every cosmic stone I could into him until maxed (don’t have the 6* duped sadly), but wow what a difference that made! The fights are definitely slower, but 95+% of the time, even on Day 5, I can usually finish the whole path with 90-100% health because of KG’s high regen ability. I’m not saying KG is definitely the best option for that path, but he works fantastically for me, and as such has allowed me to not have to rely so much on the revives and I’ve actually built up my health pots to max inventory, and only buy them as per needed every so often!

TL/DR: Access to more revives would be nice, but utilizing a better / alternate champ for your paths can sometimes make all the difference, and eliminate the necessity for them as much!
  • Options
    TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Posts: 30
    Hort4 said:

Hort4 said:

Neither would you if you played the right map for your level.
    I used to run iBom, King Groot and Kingpin as my main AQ team. I never needed potions as they are mostly self sustainable. But I'm the kinda player that likes to try a variety of champs: sometimes to test them out, sometimes just to have fun with them. It would be nice if I didn't have to choose ease of play over fun.

I'm genuinely curious as to why Kabam decided to put 40% revives for negligible cost for war and not in AQ.
  • Options

Only Mr 3000 can make a post 'why AQ revives should be free'. And then Kabam can do something about that in 2-3 years.

Don't think he will, as the point system in AW punishes deaths but AQ does not. Cheap revives would mean you can just smash your way thru the whole map.
    Exactly right. In war, the goal of the free revives was to encourage participation in a game mode that otherwise punishes players significantly who are below average (relative to their own alliance). Because war is unpredictable (you don't know what you're going to face until you've matched and seen the defense placement) and tends to evolve towards higher difficulty (if your wars are easy, you will keep winning until your competition rises to the point where it is difficult to win), and is otherwise costly, it discourages players from even trying and places additional pressure on alliances to kick players who cannot perform consistently. Free revives tries to address those difficulties without significantly harming the competition overall, which I think it does.

Free revives in AQ would just mean everyone would press to the highest map they could possibly complete with unlimited revives, which would indirectly punish higher skilled and stronger alliances by diluting their ability to run higher maps intrinsically. The best way to tackle AQ is to do what Kabam has been doing: reducing the all or nothing properties of the AQ maps so no one player can screw it up, and thus the pressure on players to consistently play perfectly is lowered. They lowered the number of paths, they lowered the number of linked paths, then they removed the links entirely, and in the next season they are going to shift the rewards further away from exploration and towards completion, so alliances that get into trouble can focus their attention on completion and sacrifice exploration for less of a penalty to rewards (focusing on fewer paths and on completion essentially frees up players to help other players that get into trouble instead of that player having to spend to revive and complete their paths unassisted).
  • Options

It is odd that Kabam keeps saying they want to encourage alliances to go for higher maps but the glory cost of revives and potions wasn't changed. Also the fact that the glory rewards stays at 3400 for a HUGE point difference. *Shrug*

That's a misunderstanding of what Kabam is saying. They don't just want everyone to run Map 8. If so, they would reduce the difficulty of Map 8. Rather, they want alliances to push themselves. They don't want alliances to get comfortable running a map, and then bored running that map, because the alternative to boredom is moving up a whole map and then failing, or having it cost a ton. They want to lower the risks associated with moving up, not eliminate them completely. They want alliances who can easily do Map 5 but would have some difficulty doing Map 6 to give it a try. They don't want alliances that can easily do Map 5 but would get assassinated doing Map 7 to jump up there while they pump potions up their skirts.

Really, if you're easily doing Map X but having to spend to do Map X+1, I think you're doing it wrong. Instead of spending to do Map X+1, you should just forgo exploration rewards and double up the harder paths that people die on, so that they don't have to spend on revives. You get more rewards that way, and spend less. AQ has been moving in that direction for a while, and the season ten changes are going to push AQ even further in that direction. Instead of buying revives, let alliance members help each other to complete the map instead.

To me, that's what alliance events are supposed to be in the first place anyway. If everyone is on their own running their own designated paths that no one can help them on because everyone else has their own paths to deal with and if you get into trouble you have to spend your way out of that problem, what's the point of having an alliance around you? AQ is not a competitive mode like AW is, it is supposed to be a cooperative mode. And now, it can be more of one.
  • Options
    VeryViciousVeryVicious Posts: 30
    DNA3000 said:

It is odd that Kabam keeps saying they want to encourage alliances to go for higher maps but the glory cost of revives and potions wasn't changed. Also the fact that the glory rewards stays at 3400 for a HUGE point difference. *Shrug*

That's a misunderstanding of what Kabam is saying. They don't just want everyone to run Map 8. If so, they would reduce the difficulty of Map 8. Rather, they want alliances to push themselves. They don't want alliances to get comfortable running a map, and then bored running that map, because the alternative to boredom is moving up a whole map and then failing, or having it cost a ton. They want to lower the risks associated with moving up, not eliminate them completely. They want alliances who can easily do Map 5 but would have some difficulty doing Map 6 to give it a try. They don't want alliances that can easily do Map 5 but would get assassinated doing Map 7 to jump up there while they pump potions up their skirts.

Really, if you're easily doing Map X but having to spend to do Map X+1, I think you're doing it wrong. Instead of spending to do Map X+1, you should just forgo exploration rewards and double up the harder paths that people die on, so that they don't have to spend on revives. You get more rewards that way, and spend less. AQ has been moving in that direction for a while, and the season ten changes are going to push AQ even further in that direction. Instead of buying revives, let alliance members help each other to complete the map instead.

To me, that's what alliance events are supposed to be in the first place anyway. If everyone is on their own running their own designated paths that no one can help them on because everyone else has their own paths to deal with and if you get into trouble you have to spend your way out of that problem, what's the point of having an alliance around you? AQ is not a competitive mode like AW is, it is supposed to be a cooperative mode. And now, it can be more of one.
    I think I interpreted what Kabam was saying exactly like what you laid out. By higher maps, I meant a higher map than what you are currently doing. I never said everyone should do map 8.

I hear what you are saying on sharing lanes, but that doesn't become possible on map 7. Those folks that use revives are not encouraged to move any higher because they lose out on glory from the cost of revives.

I'm just saying that if Kabam wants a player to move up 1 map then fundamentally the cost of revives and potions must be looked at. IF that is the goal then the costs would have to be looked at or make it so you get more incremental glory for trying higher maps (again the wide 3400 glory range makes it not worth it up to a certain point).
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    I just want revives to give us some value.
    I have 30+ AQ revives, yes i do. But when I do use one, the health it gives is like a thread on the health bar.
    WHY u do dis kabam? Tell me why ain't nothing but a heartache??
  • Options
    Steve0Steve0 Posts: 9

I have 30+ AQ revives, yes i do. But when I do use one, the health it gives is like a thread on the health bar.

TELL ME WHYYYYYY
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Steve0 said:

TELL ME WHYYYYYY

• Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    DNA3000 said:

Don't think he will, as the point system in AW punishes deaths but AQ does not. Cheap revives would mean you can just smash your way thru the whole map.
    Exactly right. In war, the goal of the free revives was to encourage participation in a game mode that otherwise punishes players significantly who are below average (relative to their own alliance). Because war is unpredictable (you don't know what you're going to face until you've matched and seen the defense placement) and tends to evolve towards higher difficulty (if your wars are easy, you will keep winning until your competition rises to the point where it is difficult to win), and is otherwise costly, it discourages players from even trying and places additional pressure on alliances to kick players who cannot perform consistently. Free revives tries to address those difficulties without significantly harming the competition overall, which I think it does.

Free revives in AQ would just mean everyone would press to the highest map they could possibly complete with unlimited revives, which would indirectly punish higher skilled and stronger alliances by diluting their ability to run higher maps intrinsically. The best way to tackle AQ is to do what Kabam has been doing: reducing the all or nothing properties of the AQ maps so no one player can screw it up, and thus the pressure on players to consistently play perfectly is lowered. They lowered the number of paths, they lowered the number of linked paths, then they removed the links entirely, and in the next season they are going to shift the rewards further away from exploration and towards completion, so alliances that get into trouble can focus their attention on completion and sacrifice exploration for less of a penalty to rewards (focusing on fewer paths and on completion essentially frees up players to help other players that get into trouble instead of that player having to spend to revive and complete their paths unassisted).
    Competition in AQ means Prestige. Placement for 200-300 alliances is decided by that. Having Free revives won't affect the competition at all.

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    Mik81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Competition in AQ means Prestige. Placement for 200-300 alliances is decided by that. Having Free revives won't affect the competition at all.

The thing is people arnt asking for free revives, but a revive with value, more like a %based health restored, not like the current ones which provides next to nothing.
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★

Mik81 said:

DNA3000 said:

The thing is people arnt asking for free revives, but a revive with value, more like a %based health restored, not like the current ones which provides next to nothing.
    I'm not asking for free revives, I planned to buy them with loyalty dude. That's not free.
  • Options
    Mik81 said:

DNA3000 said:

I never said free 🙄
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Never said free, please don't put words in my mouth you took this thread and knocked it completely off track with this comment dude
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I run map 8 and I'm fine with AQ revive availability. I'd like AW healing that doesn't cost ridiculous amounts of loyalty for almost no actual healing.