**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Where are the AQ Rewards?? [updated: 12-07, 2:30pm PT]

Comments

• Options
    Scott4u2Scott4u2 Posts: 2
    The week is over and still no compensation yet. What's up ?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,728 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Chikel said:

Y'all should calm down. Rewards will come tomorrow

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
    So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
    Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
    They can click buttons to change matchmaking in less than a week but they can't do it to send out a bunch of rewards a week and a half after? Oh you poor sweet summer child.
    Tell me you know nothing about programming without telling me you know nothing about programming.
    Tell me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served without telling me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served... Mr. Hacker Programmer, there's a reason you're getting ratioed on every comment.
    classy.

anyways FWIW, 11 years as a data analyst/architect tells me I could get these results over lunch IF their data collection is clean and their schema doesn't look like trash. To wit:
    query rank table- results-aq -date;
    match table new rankings rewards;
    run query matching userid to new rank;
    rewards should be userid driven based on snapshot of rank at time of last aq, not alliance driven
    execute

assuming they have their data tables run right. easy.
    Once upon a time in another game I asked a similar question. Then by chance I got to answer my own question. I gained substantial control of the beta servers. And I did something similar, for different reasons. And promptly crashed all the map servers. Because while you could query the live databases in that way, introducing more than a very short delay into the live system would cause blockades in the system and hang stuff. Which is why they never did that: they used procedural collectors to export live information preconditioned into export containers during specific transport windows.

When you say "if their data collection is clean" that hides basically all of the problem. If the data can be queried then I can get the data by query. But that's almost never how these kinds of systems work. In fact, in my experience if the backend isn't specifically designed to spit this data out in real time, it almost never can be queried directly either. Manys the time I've seen people have to fetch this data from the logs, because the logs are static and essentially exported off the live systems. Querying the live system directly is the sort of thing that few people are willing to risk, in real time systems.

In fact I'll bet everyone who's actually worked on game server back ends or even any industrial real time system is currently nodding, and everyone else that's ever picked up SQL for Dummies is wondering what the big deal is.
    Friendly wager: which gets fixed first— the snowblind AQ background or the missing AQ rewards?

Dr. Zola
    I'll take AQ rewards. But we're probably going to have to resolve this bet on the honor system, as my retinas will probably be completely burned out by then.
    Going to need you to tap your message out in Morse. Phone screen is one big burn-in…or are those my eyes?👀

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    My point is how many alliances do you have? In the thousands. That can be run in excel and a pivot table. It’s not that hard. Do they use more advanced tools? I’d like to think so, but given all the bugs they continuously create and issues they have, I’m not so certain.
    DNA3000 said:

@Kabam Zibiit so the game is built to be even more of a grind, expecting players to spend 2-3 hours a day between battlegrounds, incursions, arenas, and alliance events. But the team doesn’t have the bandwidth to do a few hours of data pulls? Run some sql queries, create a pivot table and it can be done in an afternoon. Shouldn’t take a week.

Look who googled some programmer words.
    “Pivot table” isn’t really programmer jargon. But I also have no idea why you’d want to use a pivot table to look up player rewards, but maybe I’m insufficiently qualified to understand that technique.

Maybe he’s suggesting an anti-convolution operation that accelerates the process of renormalization for procedural associative bulk importation.
  • Options
    HuenasHuenas Posts: 33

Huenas said:

Ok ok….now do the “we will ban mod/bot Accts at least weekly” again!

Love the greatest hits of lies playlist. It never gets old

You know that a week has 7 Days in it and your referencing a post from 3 days ago. Think that math might be a little incomplete at the moment.
    You know how to read a leader board? If you a kabam employee, then you probably don’t know how to play the game well enough to get to glad circuit, so you might not be able to see leader board, But spoiler alert, it’s all bot/mod Accts.

If you are one of the kabam subcontractors that run the botted/modded Accts then I’m sure you already know you’re in the top ranks.

Now that kabam has blocked abailty for players to see their mod/bot Accts at work, I guess they think players will keep playing against fake Accts?

IDK…never seen so many people finally wringing their hands of this disease

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,431 ★★★★★
    Huenas said:

Huenas said:

You know that a week has 7 Days in it and your referencing a post from 3 days ago. Think that math might be a little incomplete at the moment.
    You know how to read a leader board? If you a kabam employee, then you probably don’t know how to play the game well enough to get to glad circuit, so you might not be able to see leader board, But spoiler alert, it’s all bot/mod Accts.

If you are one of the kabam subcontractors that run the botted/modded Accts then I’m sure you already know you’re in the top ranks.

Now that kabam has blocked abailty for players to see their mod/bot Accts at work, I guess they think players will keep playing against fake Accts?

You think the top accounts that are modders are subcontractors of Kabam?
  • Options
    JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 169 ★★

@Kabam Zibiit so the game is built to be even more of a grind, expecting players to spend 2-3 hours a day between battlegrounds, incursions, arenas, and alliance events. But the team doesn’t have the bandwidth to do a few hours of data pulls? Run some sql queries, create a pivot table and it can be done in an afternoon. Shouldn’t take a week.

Look who googled some programmer words.
    These are basic Microsoft Excel jargon. ENGINEERS UNITE!! Word on the streets, Excel in the sheets!
  • Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    2 days later, any updates kabam?
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,155 ★★★
    I think we all need to just not spend on gifting event until we receive everything. Not gonna say the B word and get banned but seems to be the only thing they understand. Hit the wallet.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Huenas said:

Huenas said:

If I was an employee, I'm pretty sure I'd be dealing with bigger issues than trying to convince you that the grand conspiracy you think is happening isn't happening at all. Most likely right now I'd be busy arguing with HR and payroll as to why I'm apparently missing two years worth of paychecks.
  • Options
    So Wednesday and almost 4 est and still no rewards from last aq.
  • Options
    WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63
    No updates? Even to simply say the rewards are taking longer than expected?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,431 ★★★★★

No updates? Even to simply say the rewards are taking longer than expected?

They've already said that. That's why we're here, still waiting since they were supposed to come out Friday.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,606 ★★★★
    It's Wednesday my dudes!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,459 ★★★★★
    👀
  • Options
    Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    edited December 2022
    They specifically said you can’t change alliances. So that shouldn’t be an issue. I’m not saying that this is totally easy, but they are likely also over complicating it as well. If they screw up a bit, how is that different from every month. But delaying and delaying and delaying isn’t ok either. Not with caps to glory and the fact that people are about to get THIS weeks glory.
    DNA3000 said:

My point is how many alliances do you have? In the thousands. That can be run in excel and a pivot table. It’s not that hard. Do they use more advanced tools? I’d like to think so, but given all the bugs they continuously create and issues they have, I’m not so certain.

If you had stated that that was your point in the first place, I could have told you that won’t work, because sometimes players change alliances.

And the problem is not organizing the data. It is extracting it, then using it to inject back into the game’s reward systems.

As a rule, if you think a problem has a super simple solution, you’re either a genius or completely ignorant of the actual problem. And this is not a genius solution.
  • Options
    318Chubz318Chubz Posts: 121 ★★
    The gang and I waiting impatiently for AQ compensation/rewards to drop in the game.

• Options
    I’m not going to lie. For the first time since the game launched I’m seriously considering leaving the game. The lack of communication and worsening inputs, reward delays, etc are just sucking the fun out of the game.