**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds alliance score cut offs

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
We scored 3.192m and we're in the 31% to 40% bracket.

Intrigued to know the cut offs for 1-10% and 11% to 20%?

(We did a similar score last time and reached 11% to 20% - so quite surprised by the huge drop!)

Actually, pretty staggered at the drop - that's something in the order of 5k+ alliances scoring much higher than before.

Comments

• DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★
    21-30% 3.8M
  • EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    5.044.290: 11%-20%
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    9,8 million: 172
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    @Kabam Jax can you advise how many alliances are in the brackets?

Just realized that an alliance completely full of uncollected *alt* accounts, can get a much, much, much higher alliance score, than my alliance of mainly paragons.

@Mauled your idea of brackets could be needed in alliance scoring too.

Feel a bit foolish, knowing that much lower prestige and rating alliances than ours will receive all these r3 and r4 mats.

Gutted.

Edit; I also scored 252k solo and only ranked 37k position - genuinely surprised. We're top 1,700 alliance in AQ, despite only running map 5. What's the point in loading the alliance season rewards with r3 and r4 mats, if 13.3k average prestige alliance can't get a sniff compared to 8k prestige alliances.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    7m, 1-10%
  • Sparty6Sparty6 Posts: 67
    10m 1-10%

@Kabam Jax can you advise how many alliances are in the brackets?

Just realized that an alliance completely full of uncollected *alt* accounts, can get a much, much, much higher alliance score, than my alliance of mainly paragons.

Feel a bit foolish, knowing that much lower prestige and rating alliances than ours will receive all these r3 and r4 mats.

Gutted.

Edit; I also scored 252k solo and only ranked 37k position - genuinely surprised. We're top 1,700 alliance in AQ, despite only running map 5. What's the point in loading the alliance season rewards with r3 and r4 mats, if 13.3k average prestige alliance can't get a sniff compared to 8k prestige alliances.

You didn't score high enough. 3.8mil is not that much. I would aim for 7mil for top 10%
    That's not what I mean, I mean it's daft having such a huge number of very low ranked alliances (full uncollected or cav level alliances) qualify for r3 and r4 mats, where they purely play other uncollected and cav players.

Where my ally mates are only matching paragons and high TBs even in bronze, so are squeezed out of the top rewards by alliances that won't have a single paragon or TB.

This is war matchmaking all over again.
    Ken1378 said:

Yeah, the matchmaking is awful. My alliance is Plat 4 in AW and Top 250 in AQ, but most of us can’t even get out of the Gold Tiers because we get matched against stacked accounts with all the newest champs. Ridiculous.

I find it frustrating that kabam are trying this again. The higher prestige, paragon players are getting bettered in the BG season rewards by cav players, 5k+ prestige below them. It's a nonsense.
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Posts: 185
    This last season of battlegrounds got me pumped for the game again after some boredom started setting in. I had started ranking champs for the sole purpose of competing in the new mode and then I get the alliance percentage rewards and it was like someone popped my ballon. And please don’t think I’m complaining about the free trophy tokens and shields, but yeah not feeling battlegrounds much anymore
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★
    3.19 mil for a whole alliance is quite low, I scored 1.2mil on 3 accounts combined not counting my other 27 members we got to 9.5. This is a you problem (your alliance) not an issue which we need brackets or better matchmaking.

3.19 mil for a whole alliance is quite low, I scored 1.2mil on 3 accounts combined not counting my other 27 members we got to 9.5. This is a you problem (your alliance) not an issue which we need brackets or better matchmaking.

You're missing the point; paragons, getting matched only against paragons, from bronze upwards, so struggling to even get to the GC, get less r4 and r3 mats in season rewards, than alliances made up of entirely uncollected alts, who only face other uncollected players.

This will be wars all over again; the superwhales will set up uncollected alt alliances, to suppress the competition from reaching higher ranks.

If you can't see the prior war situation repeating again, that's a you problem.
  • @Kabam Jax can you advise how many alliances are in the brackets?

Gutted.

I don’t necessarily think that for bg rewards it’s really relevant tbh.

My idea for divisions is essentially to allow people to play similar abilities and progress/fall based on their wins/losses, just over a slightly longer period than it is now but to contain the matchmaking within each set of players for so that it’s a positive experience for the middling tiers of player and making it very difficult to mod an account up 20 divisions without getting banned.

The bg rewards for contributing aren’t incredible unless you’re putting up big numbers. Sure you could buy your way to the top. Realistically that’s not happening with a small account because the biggest weighting on the points is from wins and to win enough to place highly you’ve got to have a decent roster. You wouldn’t have an uncollected account placing highly because they’d get smashed pretty consistently and an uncollected roster isn’t that big a spender until they’re a bit further down the line - Cav/TB most likely.
    @mauled, that's true, except that the entire victory track and roughly 250k points per season, is matched on prestige, not tier.

So yes, a team of 30 uncollected could easily get to 6m+ only fighting other uncollected and in this season, that gets them r4 mats.

Surely that's not intended.
  • valgeradvalgerad Posts: 17
    Season 2 we scored 550k (31%-40%)
    Season 3. Scored 1.2m(61%-80%)
    22 plp in the alliance..active player 10 to 12..
    edited December 2022

You're missing the point; paragons, getting matched only against paragons, from bronze upwards, so struggling to even get to the GC, get less r4 and r3 mats in season rewards, than alliances made up of entirely uncollected alts, who only face other uncollected players.

This will be wars all over again; the superwhales will set up uncollected alt alliances, to suppress the competition from reaching higher ranks.

If you can't see the prior war situation repeating again, that's a you problem.
    Except you are wrong with how matchmaking is working, i have three accounts with varying rosters and all three had their fair share of matches you deem “impossible to win” as well as matches where I’m sure my opponent deemed it impossible to beat me.

Also I don’t have a “you problem” I am having no issues climbing the ladder season after season regardless what roster size I’m using
  • We scored 3.192m and we're in the 31% to 40% bracket.

(We did a similar score last time and reached 11% to 20% - so quite surprised by the huge drop!)

Actually, pretty staggered at the drop - that's something in the order of 5k+ alliances scoring much higher than before.

ANSWER TO THE HUGE DROP

They implemented a Required Minimum Ally Points in order to qualify for Rank. (think it was like 300,000 Ally Points)

So before, relatively inactive alliances would be considered part of Rank pool with very little points. Causing everyone else to Rank much higher previously.

Now with Minimum necessary, lot fewer alliances qualify for Rank Pool, and everyone fell way down the % bracket ladder this time.
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 257 ★★★

ANSWER TO THE HUGE DROP

They implemented a Required Minimum Ally Points in order to qualify for Rank. (think it was like 300,000 Ally Points)

So before, relatively inactive alliances would be considered part of Rank pool with very little points. Causing everyone else to Rank much higher previously.

Now with Minimum necessary, lot fewer alliances qualify for Rank Pool, and everyone fell way down the % bracket ladder this time.
    What’s ally points? How to see them?

• What’s ally points? How to see them?

Huh ?
    They are the same thing as what you were talking about in your own post in early Dec.

(quote) How many alliance BG event points is good?

Or do you mean where do you find out how many points your alliance had done ? (Look in “Finished” events)
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    Sparty6 said:

10m 1-10%

Not possible. You should have gotten top200 with that seeing as we got 172 with 9.8mil

Sparty6 said:

10m 1-10%

Not possible. You should have gotten top200 with that seeing as we got 172 with 9.8mil
    Top 200 is in the 1-10%, top 100 is the next bracket
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

ANSWER TO THE HUGE DROP

I thought the same but before posting I checked and that happened in season 2.

“ Summoners!

Starting with this season, we will be making the following changes to the Battlegrounds Alliance Event.
    To Qualify for Rank and Milestone Rewards, a Summoner must have been in the Alliance for 7 or More Days and contribute at least 1 Point
    To Qualify for Rank Rewards, an Alliance must complete at least 1 Milestone (300,000 points).
    This change will affect the current season (Season 2).
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on November 1”

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/318235/changes-to-battlegrounds-alliance-events#latest
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Ken1378 said:

Yeah, the matchmaking is awful. My alliance is Plat 4 in AW and Top 250 in AQ, but most of us can’t even get out of the Gold Tiers because we get matched against stacked accounts with all the newest champs. Ridiculous.

Battlegrounds VT matchmaking is currently favouring small accounts, the same way AW Prestige matchmaking was favouring them and let them get ranked way higher than their accounts should be.
    When you have the same % of UC and Paragon players at GC then something is really wrong.
    I sweated and made it to GC last week.
    When I entered GC I was matching at URU tiers noob 200k UC accounts that they were of course instantly forfeiting when they were seeing my deck 😂
    But the most infuriating is that these accounts, might be there from week1 and got ranked rewards, while at the same time, half the stacked Paragons I was fighting at VT didn’t made it to GC and missed any ranked or even tier rewards 😠
    Very, very unfair.