**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Jay Axe Champions Predictions

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★

Jay_Axe said:

My predictions for the rest of the year based on the Fall 2023 Narrative Roadmap. Let me know who you agree or disagree with!
    Tyler teased a familiar face with upgrades (Ironheart Least Confident tho) fighting alongside Gladiator against Masters of Evil , a monster squad member (Werewolf by Night) with Morbius, A new spirit of vengeance (Kushala) with the (New Original Champion) with one below all as villain, and big red suit showing comic of (Onslaught) first mention in comics. As well as a trophy champ releasing with some content this year not tied to Banquet. They could make an old npc playable like Jessica & Weapon X or some event tied around Deadpool or Mojo.

Any reason you go for Kushala? Hadn't ever heard of her(not that that is saying too much)
    But why do you think they'd go with her over Robbie Reyes who I feel is much more popular?
    she was in the summoner choice vote and was wildly popular with a fair amount of users plus she has really cool design potential
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★★
    Jay_Axe said:

My predictions for the rest of the year based on the Fall 2023 Narrative Roadmap. Let me know who you agree or disagree with!
    Tyler teased a familiar face with upgrades (Ironheart Least Confident tho) fighting alongside Gladiator against Masters of Evil , a monster squad member (Werewolf by Night) with Morbius, A new spirit of vengeance (Kushala) with the (New Original Champion) with one below all as villain, and big red suit showing comic of (Onslaught) first mention in comics. As well as a trophy champ releasing with some content this year not tied to Banquet. They could make an old npc playable like Jessica & Weapon X or some event tied around Deadpool or Mojo.

I definitely think it will be Werewolf by Night with Morbius and its definitely Onslaught in December. I can also definitely see a good version of Jean Grey e.g. Dark Phoenix being the new trophy champ - nice work as usual.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★
    I tend to agree with most of these; Kushala seems to be the logical choice for the new Spirit of Vengeance, like you say. Werewolf By Night seems certain given the references to swamps by Tyler and the MCU Jack was with Man-Thing. Onslaught is certain from that comic cover. I'd tend to agree on the Jean trophy champ. She was one I considered in my "who's the next trophy champ?' thread. I'm not so sure about Ironheart. Given the references to the Masters of Evil, I'm wondering if it could be one of them, possibly Screaming Mimi (aka Songbird), although I'd rather have her as hero personally, Whirlwind, Skurge, Klaw or Whiplash.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,904 ★★★★
    edited August 2023

I tend to agree with most of these; Kushala seems to be the logical choice for the new Spirit of Vengeance, like you say. Werewolf By Night seems certain given the references to swamps by Tyler and the MCU Jack was with Man-Thing. Onslaught is certain from that comic cover. I'd tend to agree on the Jean trophy champ. She was one I considered in my "who's the next trophy champ?' thread. I'm not so sure about Ironheart. Given the references to the Masters of Evil, I'm wondering if it could be one of them, possibly Screaming Mimi (aka Songbird), although I'd rather have her as hero personally, Whirlwind, Skurge, Klaw or Whiplash.

I kinda want Skurge to appear alongside the Enchantress, so it probably won’t be him
  • Options

Yeah Ironheart is my weakest pic honestly. Tyler mentioned Gladiator fighting alongside a familiar face so someone we recognize at very least, not too many masters of evil members that would fit that description. I just pulled Ironheart since was in first vote, getting her series and continue champions/young avengers vs masters of evil.
  • Options
    1toxic_cupcake1toxic_cupcake Posts: 95
    is it possible to consider the Volcano's exit together with the Gladiator?
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 600 ★★★
    Any word on when Bullseye 🎯 could be added? Lol
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    Scripps said:

Not anytime soon he didn’t even come close to winning the summoners choice thingy
  • Options
    Scripps said:

They have not said anything but there is chance next Year Zemo got 3rd/4th in the 22' vote and came this year which Bullseye got that same ranking the 23' vote
  • Options

What do you mean Volcana?
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 600 ★★★

Scripps said:

Not anytime soon he didn’t even come close to winning the summoners choice thingy
    No, but he did climb up the bracket quite high though! So there are a good amount of people who would love to see him in the game. I’m thinking around when Daredevil Born Again releases. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    1toxic_cupcake1toxic_cupcake Posts: 95
    Jay_Axe said:

Vulcan, the Summers' third brother

• Options

Jay_Axe said:

Vulcan, the Summers' third brother

Oh yeah I would love that war of kings was amazing comic but don't think the tease of Gladiator being teamed up with a familiar face with upgrades makes sense for him but who knows
  • Options

Updating Mcoc Mystery Synergy graphic. Photon teasing a Mighty Avenger (White Tiger), Vox teasing (Beta Ray Bill) from their fight and Vox teasing maybe another Donny Cates' creation who wields a bladed weapon (Dark Carnage)? coming 2024 don’t seem to fit current sotb map
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★
    White Tiger seems the most likely Mighty Avengers team member given she only narrowly lost to Gladiator.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I think I will add Onslaught to triple edge didn't think any from roadmap fit the synergies. But a few have mentioned that synergy is another meta edge lord joke and 90s characters being epitome of edginess could make sense with Vox and Knull being in it as new edgy characters.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    I would love to see Jean Grey added to the game. Make her a trophy champ or not but make her powerful sort of like Hercules in the game. Make her have a bunch of immunities and/or resistances like Emma Frost and a hard hitting champ with incinerate and degen debuffs which will convert into passive effect if opponents is immune to those debuff. Also once she's knocked down, The Phoenix Force emerges and prevent her from dying and keep her indestructible and unblockable for 12 seconds.
  • Options

I would love to see Jean Grey added to the game. Make her a trophy champ or not but make her powerful sort of like Hercules in the game. Make her have a bunch of immunities and/or resistances like Emma Frost and a hard hitting champ with incinerate and degen debuffs which will convert into passive effect if opponents is immune to those debuff. Also once she's knocked down, The Phoenix Force emerges and prevent her from dying and keep her indestructible and unblockable for 12 seconds.

That sounds like a great Phoenix Buff honestly I kind of want Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) without phoenix since sje separated from Phoenix in the lore of the game (March 2017) so would be her with only her omega level telekinesis and telekinetic powers. Though she can res herself through her mutant power which is insane so can have some of what you mentioned.
  • Options
    Jay_Axe said:

That sounds like a great Phoenix Buff honestly I kind of want Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) without phoenix since sje separated from Phoenix in the lore of the game (March 2017) so would be her with only her omega level telekinesis and telekinetic powers. Though she can res herself through her mutant power which is insane so can have some of what you mentioned.
    Maybe have Jean as a combination of Stryfe, Emma, and Professor X
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,523 ★★★★★
    Gladiator and Iron Man (Overhaul) for September
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    Wasn't able to take a screenshot but they just showed Werewolf by Night for a second on stream, so it seems like he's basically confirmed for October
  • Options

Wasn't able to take a screenshot but they just showed Werewolf by Night for a second on stream, so it seems like he's basically confirmed for October

Managed to grab a screenshot

LESSS GOOO

• Options
    I’m wondering what abilities will Werewolf have. Maybe ruptures/bleed, stagger, burst damage, etc
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I’m wondering what abilities will Werewolf have. Maybe ruptures/bleed, stagger, burst damage, etc

Lifesteal is the normal werewolf ability in video games. Probably some form of that.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    By now we know that
    Morbius, Gladiator, Werewolf By Night, Ares, Bill Ray Beta and Blue Marvel or White Tiger are on their way

Edit: Also Onlaught
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,036 ★★★★★

By now we know that
    Morbius, Gladiator, Werewolf By Night, Ares, Bill Ray Beta and Blue Marvel or White Tiger are on their way

That would round out the rest of the year. We're only getting 6 more new champs this year unless December has 2.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,524 ★★★★★
    hi_im_sir said:

Jay_Axe said:

Onslaught is only champ to enter december as past 3 years we been getting single champ. Not to mention kabam goes on long vacation.
    last year we got 2 champs. mantis and jessica
    JJ doesn't count she is trophy lmao.
  • Options
    Dukenpuke said:

EdisonLaw said:

Lifesteal is the normal werewolf ability in video games. Probably some form of that.
    So Mystic Omega Red?