**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's your opinion about this Summoner Vote?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

I think most people don’t care. They probably just tap something to clear the window. Notice how ALL of the champs not visible in the window did not make it to the next round via in-game voting (Spider Punk added via twitter).

I think Bullseye is the favorite. Yet, it’s odd that Bullseye was added to the vote and Beta Ray Bill, who beat out Bullseye last year, wasn’t added.

After all this, we may end up with Spider Punk solely because of meme status and not because the majority actually want the champ.

I believe the reason Bullseye is the only character returning from a past vote is that he won an “underdog” vote, or something along those lines. From what I remember I think there was a vote that took place on Twitter (I think) which was entirely composed of characters that had lost (cant remember who exactly) in the previous votes. The winner of that vote would go on to be in the current Summoner’s Choice vote. I also think there was a hint that any characters who were not in the underdog vote may already have plans to be added (for example, Zemo).
    The underdog vote was specifically for champions who had lost in the first round of their years. That’s why Beta Ray Bill wasn’t included, he made it out of the first round.
    Does this actually make sense though? Is the goal not to find the champion the general player base wants? Is Kabam trying to up social media engagement rates or something?
    Let me answer your question with a question. Why not just have a poll? Why force players to go through hoops to acquire tickets in the game to vote on the champs they want?
    That’s fine too.

It should be a fair vote in whatever way they choose to deliver it.

It’s not a fair vote if you have caveats and fabricated situations that alters the candidates and results.

I’m not a fan of a “vote” that involves hoops to jump through to get extra votes with different hoops to save one candidate from losing fairly in another medium of voting.
    I forgot I was on the internet for a second.

Summoner's choice is not intended to be a "fair vote." Summoner's choice is intended to be an engagement tool, to allow players who actually want to be involved with the process of picking a future champ addition to get involved and influence that choice.

Summoner's Choice is about a fair poll of opinions in the same sense that the Pepsi Challenge was a scientific market research project.
    So we’re down to semantics arguments now? No thanks.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★

I spent 2 hours doing some basic research about all the champs (including those already eliminated). I never heard about any champs in this voting. I watched every Movie/Show in the MCU but I never read a Marvel Comic.

Really? 5 mins on Google returned a plethora of information in each character.

Maybe broaden your horizon and read some books. Rather than focus on the heros that have movies and shows about them. You'll find a lot of them really good reads.
  • Options

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

I think most people don’t care. They probably just tap something to clear the window. Notice how ALL of the champs not visible in the window did not make it to the next round via in-game voting (Spider Punk added via twitter).

I think Bullseye is the favorite. Yet, it’s odd that Bullseye was added to the vote and Beta Ray Bill, who beat out Bullseye last year, wasn’t added.

After all this, we may end up with Spider Punk solely because of meme status and not because the majority actually want the champ.

I believe the reason Bullseye is the only character returning from a past vote is that he won an “underdog” vote, or something along those lines. From what I remember I think there was a vote that took place on Twitter (I think) which was entirely composed of characters that had lost (cant remember who exactly) in the previous votes. The winner of that vote would go on to be in the current Summoner’s Choice vote. I also think there was a hint that any characters who were not in the underdog vote may already have plans to be added (for example, Zemo).
    The underdog vote was specifically for champions who had lost in the first round of their years. That’s why Beta Ray Bill wasn’t included, he made it out of the first round.
    Does this actually make sense though? Is the goal not to find the champion the general player base wants? Is Kabam trying to up social media engagement rates or something?
    Let me answer your question with a question. Why not just have a poll? Why force players to go through hoops to acquire tickets in the game to vote on the champs they want?
    That’s fine too.

It’s not a fair vote if you have caveats and fabricated situations that alters the candidates and results.

I’m not a fan of a “vote” that involves hoops to jump through to get extra votes with different hoops to save one candidate from losing fairly in another medium of voting.
    The reason there are hoops to jump through is so that the more people play the game, the more votes they get: i e. the people most invested in the game get to choose the champion.

Or to put that another way: if you want to choose the champion, you have to play the game.

If every player got just one vote regardless of how much they played, that would be 'fair', but it wouldn't actually encourage anyone to play the game. Which is ultimately the point 🙂
    Let’s be real here. Summoner’s choice isn’t moving any needles in Kabam’s metrics. The number of players that are increasing their play time solely for additional votes is most likely negligible; if not near zero.

And if Kabam really needs twitter engagement of <1000 retweets; then things must be pretty dire. They’re better off posting cat memes.

I know what this event is. I know how it works. That doesn’t change my opinion that this event is lame and I’d prefer a fair voting system.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

That’s fine too.

The reason there are hoops to jump through is so that the more people play the game, the more votes they get: i e. the people most invested in the game get to choose the champion.

Or to put that another way: if you want to choose the champion, you have to play the game.

If every player got just one vote regardless of how much they played, that would be 'fair', but it wouldn't actually encourage anyone to play the game. Which is ultimately the point 🙂
    Let’s be real here. Summoner’s choice isn’t moving any needles in Kabam’s metrics. The number of players that are increasing their play time solely for additional votes is most likely negligible; if not near zero.

And if Kabam really needs twitter engagement of
    It IS fair. They have a number of selections, and you can earn extra entries. A model that's been used by a plethora of companies. Considering the requirement is completing a few Fights, that's not unreasonable. You're using the term fair, but I don't think you know what it means. There are 8 starting possibilities. People vote for who they want. There is a process of elimination, and the end-result is the one with the most votes.
    Honestly, it sounds as though you're implying it's not fair because your own personal choice wasn't selected. That's just being a poor sport.
  • Options

Adevati said:

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

That’s fine too.

And if Kabam really needs twitter engagement of
    It IS fair. They have a number of selections, and you can earn extra entries. A model that's been used by a plethora of companies. Considering the requirement is completing a few Fights, that's not unreasonable. You're using the term fair, but I don't think you know what it means. There are 8 starting possibilities. People vote for who they want. There is a process of elimination, and the end-result is the one with the most votes.
    Honestly, it sounds as though you're implying it's not fair because your own personal choice wasn't selected. That's just being a poor sport.
    Imagine if you went to vote for your preferred political candidate. You were told that if you hang around a little longer; you’ll get some extra votes. After doing so, you were told that whichever political candidate that got the most tweets gets to move on to a run off election; regardless of how many votes they received in the regular ballot.

Explain to me how this is a fair voting system.

Summoners Choice is not fair because the final 4 were altered due to 200 people out of hundreds of thousands players retweeting a character.

Everything was conducted in the conditions set by Kabam. So in that sense it is fair in execution—just not in principal.

I don’t like the way this vote was handled due to this. This is my opinion in a thread titled “What’s your opinion about this Summoner Vote?”

• Options
    You're certainly entitled to your own opinions. No one is questioning that. The accuracy of your statements is what is up for debate. It's not a Presidential Election. It's a poll in a game. One that looks at many ways for Player feedback. In-game, social media, on the Forum, etc. That's just the ways they communicate with the player base. It's not a voting booth where we vote and stay silent about our choice. My suggestion is in the future, if it's something you feel adamant about, stay active in as many outlets as possible. It's not the first time it's been done that way.
  • Options
    It's also smart from a company standpoint. It gets people engaged in all the ways they network, if people are passionate about having a say.
  • Options
    Adevati said:

Adevati said:

Imagine if you went to vote for your preferred political candidate. You were told that if you hang around a little longer; you’ll get some extra votes. After doing so, you were told that whichever political candidate that got the most tweets gets to move on to a run off election; regardless of how many votes they received in the regular ballot.

Explain to me how this is a fair voting system.

Summoners Choice is not fair because the final 4 were altered due to 200 people out of hundreds of thousands players retweeting a character.

That's sort of contradictory. Original method is unfair because of placement order (visibility vs having to scroll over to see more) of the choices, and for those who don’t care still being forced to pick one (so most likely one that is initially visible without scrolling).

Voting resulted in a TOP *3* by this method. With a “Wildcard” entry then available to be chosen by an alternate method (re-tweets).

But then you say that this subsequent “Wildcard” entry being chosen by a different method is unfair, and it should really be based on Top *4* of original voting (of which you already said was unfair to begin with).

If there was inherent bias in the original method, the “Wildcard” spot would allow a different procedure to maybe accommodate for that and place in someone who might have been slighted by the first method.