**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking nightmare

Comments

• Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Posts: 62
    Simply normalise the champs so that whoever you put in is set to 5* r5. Everyone is on an equal playing field. The only test is of skill and champ selection.

The current system is a mess. The op who's only been playing a year has breezed through to gc and me a paragon whos been playing 3 years and can't get out of silver. Mean while I'm doing the eop carinas challenges and finding the paths pretty easy so please don't tell me it's a skill issue. I'm simply matching up with people who are also at that skill level and winning 3 in a row when you're equally matched like that is incredibly difficult
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Without knowing exactly how kabam actually separates the matchmaking hard to tell who all gets matched against who. For higher end accounts prestige only goes so high so you can have high end prestige players facing each other but the top accounts will have a lot more depth in those high in rosters. Players who are paragon with at least 3-5 rank 4 champs could be matched up with similar prestige accounts but those players could have 30 or more rank 4 champs. That means from the start they are at a disadvantage since means each champ has base health and attack what 15-20% higher. Especially in this meta without the perfect match up having to take off an extra 15-20% off a champ is a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    I'm understanding the Paragon perspective better, through this dialogue.

Maybe the Gladiator's Circuit could be gated by progression?
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    So don't get me wrong: I have no problem with the current season and no problem with my current ranking. I just want to understand how matchmaking works. You write about sandbagging. That's a problem. But it makes no sense to solve a problem by creating a new problem. I have a really good selection of 5*R5 champs. With the 6*, unfortunately, things are a bit different. I also have many, but not all as R 3 or even R4. In a special season like this, I have to be able to choose my rooster to match my champs with the challenges. It must also be possible for me to use my 5* champs or even my 4* champs occasionally without someone screaming "sandbagging" immediately. Even if I can no longer actually use my 4* and 5* champions in the content because in the end I always come up against opponents who all have 6* because it's all about the overall prestige, that's not the point of the game and also not in the sense of the diversity of the rooster. Ultimately, there should be a way to organize the matchmaking in such a way that there is no sandbagging, but also no punishment if I use my champs outside of my top 10, which I also worked hard to earn. Soon there will be 7* champs and then in a few months you may won't even be able to use the 6* R1 champs anymore? That can't be the goal.

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Saru2244 said:

So don't get me wrong: I have no problem with the current season and no problem with my current ranking. I just want to understand how matchmaking works. You write about sandbagging. That's a problem. But it makes no sense to solve a problem by creating a new problem. I have a really good selection of 5*R5 champs. With the 6*, unfortunately, things are a bit different. I also have many, but not all as R 3 or even R4. In a special season like this, I have to be able to choose my rooster to match my champs with the challenges. It must also be possible for me to use my 5* champs or even my 4* champs occasionally without someone screaming "sandbagging" immediately. Even if I can no longer actually use my 4* and 5* champions in the content because in the end I always come up against opponents who all have 6* because it's all about the overall prestige, that's not the point of the game and also not in the sense of the diversity of the rooster. Ultimately, there should be a way to organize the matchmaking in such a way that there is no sandbagging, but also no punishment if I use my champs outside of my top 10, which I also worked hard to earn. Soon there will be 7* champs and then in a few months you may won't even be able to use the 6* R1 champs anymore? That can't be the goal.

Matchmaking in Victory Track to the best of my knowledge is only doing two things: it looks for someone in your Tier (ex Gold 3) and then tries to find someone with an account similar size to yours, consensus is Prestige but it may include TBH as well. No one is saying you can't use lower level champions. I have 6* R4's that are not making my deck whereas 5* R5's are making the cut. What can't happen is a reduction in the quality of your opponent specifically because you've reduced the PI or Prestige of your deck. If you want to put a specific champ in your deck, go for it, that is totally fine but it shouldn't have any affect what so ever with regards to who you get matched up with. Because it it does, you can then manipulate matchmaking yourself to face inferior opponents. You mention not being able to use 6* R1s not being the goal. It is absolutely the goal IF you want to compete at the top. However, it won't be the case at all levels. You should always be striving to improve the champions in your deck and if you want to maintain or increase your ranking in comparison to others, your champions will need to improve as well and that means lesser ranked champions eventually not being sufficient.
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

I can taste the salt in this post. If you are Paragon and are stuck in VT it definitely skill based.

With respect, You just proved you have no clue as to the context of the conversation. Your story level plays zero role in matchmaking. You might as well say “if you are uncollected, it’s a skill issue.”

The issue at hand is you have lower PI accounts in gladiator circuit that face far weaker competition than high PI accounts… for the same milestone rewards.

Try to keep up before you decide to spike the football - this system makes zero sense from a player perspective. It punishes progression
    Oh my my account is 15k plus prestige I'm in GC I understood the context of the conversation and the conversation sound like a bunch of people who need to get good.
    You're not entirely wrong. With how it works now, any Paragon who has the skills should not be gated out of GC entirely. Might take longer than it would otherwise with a better system but if you have the skill it shouldn't be an issue. However we're trying to point out some flaws because I can guarantee that a smaller account that breezed their way through the Victory Track this season and used all those rewards to better their roster is going to be incredibly confused when they queue up for Victory Track next season and their competition this time around is a way harder than last season because their progression had a net negative impact on their ability to succeed within the game mode.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★

You should NOT be in the GC. You do not belong there. Kabam ruined BGs with their awful matchmaking.

I see why people are upset about the match making in BG victory track, and it could probably use a revamp, but saying accounts with weaker rosters don’t deserve to be in gladiator circuit is not fair. Those accounts also have to face accounts stronger than them in order to win, so they have be skilled. It’s not like thronebreakers have it easy and frequently face accounts weaker than them. I’ve made it to diamond 3 so far and it’s been a grind, most of my wins had to be against rosters far stronger than mine. So yes BG could use a revamp but in a sense it currently rewards skill over progression. We are all in the same bot, Unless you’re a whale account, your frequently facing accounts stronger than you
    Wrong,

He went 0-30. That's proof that he doesn't belong.

If your frustrated losing matches in GC, imagine how 16k prestige Paragon players feel who are stuck in gold in victory bracket still feel seeing your much smaller accounts in GC with way better rewards than them. All because of a ridiculously broken matchmaking system that rewards weaker rosters with easier path to GC.

If ur still stuck in gold at this stage with a 16k prestige account, that’s not just a matchmaking problem lol
    That's like saying every NFL team should have a winning record because they're professional teams.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

If your frustrated losing matches in GC, imagine how 16k prestige Paragon players feel who are stuck in gold in victory bracket still feel seeing your much smaller accounts in GC with way better rewards than them. All because of a ridiculously broken matchmaking system that rewards weaker rosters with easier path to GC.

If ur still stuck in gold at this stage with a 16k prestige account, that’s not just a matchmaking problem lol
    That's like saying every NFL team should have a winning record because they're professional teams.
    It's a valid point.

You should NOT be in the GC. You do not belong there. Kabam ruined BGs with their awful matchmaking.

I see why people are upset about the match making in BG victory track, and it could probably use a revamp, but saying accounts with weaker rosters don’t deserve to be in gladiator circuit is not fair. Those accounts also have to face accounts stronger than them in order to win, so they have be skilled. It’s not like thronebreakers have it easy and frequently face accounts weaker than them. I’ve made it to diamond 3 so far and it’s been a grind, most of my wins had to be against rosters far stronger than mine. So yes BG could use a revamp but in a sense it currently rewards skill over progression. We are all in the same bot, Unless you’re a whale account, your frequently facing accounts stronger than you
    Wrong,

You can't sag they don't belong there. The results are what they are. Unless a Player is cheating, or somehow manipulating the results, they're playing the Matches they're given and earning their place in the system.

Greekhit said:

Every single discussion where lower accounts getting better rewards than bigger accounts, people always bring up how BG is supposed to be about "skill".

However, despite how many times I've asked, no one can ever tell me when Kabam has ever said this.

I, and many others, have asked kabam to please clarify what the overall "purpose" of BG is (to test skills, is it about strength, it is about strategy or a combination of the above). But they never answer so this keep the weaker players always saying that BG is supposed to be about "skill".

Does anyone really believes that all these small accounts in GC are genuine new player accounts?
    They are mostly “big boys” alt accounts.
    And even if any percentage of them, are genuinely new players accounts, does anyone really believes, that so many new UC/Cav players are way more skilled, but mostly have deeper knowledge of the game than many old Paragon accounts, so they can place so much higher than them?
    Because my first hand experience with my alt, was that UC/Cavalier players were easy pray for an experienced Paragon player.
    I had people using Magneto to take down OS, and people using nullify champs to take out Thing in VT, and these were happening on platinum and diamond tiers 😂
    Would also like a clarification from Kabam about the purpose of BGs.
    Is it to reward purely skills and sub out rosters from the equation, or they want rosters to play a role?
    I doubt it is the first, for couple of reasons.
    Firstly, if they wanted BGs to reward players solely for their skills, they would had locked 3*s as the highest rarity you can use, since most people have them, if not all most of them, and are easy to max out, and all will had nearly identical rosters.
    Secondly, subbing out roster growth from the equation disincentives players to grow their rosters and play or pay more.
    But unfortunately with Prestige matchmaking this is what’s happening. Players are discouraged to raise their Prestige, because they will get punished with harder matches at BGs.

I doubt BGs are going to stop people from raising their Prestige. There are two basic types of Players. Those who care about Prestige, and those who don't. Those who do will raise it either way, whether encouraged by their Ally or not.
    People have stated, in threads where you literally have double digit posts, that they are holding off on rank-ups and relics because of the BG matchmaking.
    I agree and as of last month I'm going out of my way to avoid doing anything that will increase my prestige. Unfortunately my prestige was already something around 16.2k when I started this, but thankfully with 6* sig easier to get, r5 six stars now out, 7 stars coming and relics, I'm fairly sure I'll fall a bit on the prestige pyramid fairly soon.

I now only use 6 star sig on lower prestige champs, I'm not doing anything additional than I already did on relics and I won't rankup any champ that will impact my prestige. I will continue this for the foreseeable future until Kabam finally fixed this massive mistake they made.
    Unfortunately with your Prestige (which is similar to mine) it's going to be a long time before an actual significant number of people are able to get significantly higher Prestige such that it would actually affect our matchmaking. I'm only like 100-200 points off of Max R4 Prestige even though I'm missing 4 of the top 5 Prestige choices. That might mean a lot in AQ but I feel it means next to nothing in this game mode.

It's a valid point.

Wrong,

You can't sag they don't belong there. The results are what they are. Unless a Player is cheating, or somehow manipulating the results, they're playing the Matches they're given and earning their place in the system.
    In a game where you are expected to win 50% of your matches, losing 30 in a row is not an anomaly. It means that you don't belong in that competition. And keep in mind he didn't lose 30 to the best that the GC has to offer, he would have done it while he had 0 BG Rating, essentially fighting the worst that GC has to offer.

It's a valid point.

Wrong,

Wrong.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

The majority of these accounts don’t belong there.
    The results are what they are, indeed.
    No one claimed these low accounts cheated (despite there are avfew modded, but there are at GC modded accounts of any level), nor that they manipulating the results, the are playing the matches they are given, by an algorithm (Prestige matchmaking) that manipulates these matches to their favor, and earning a higher place in the system, by avoiding the competition.
    No one claims is the players fault.
    It’s the system’s itself.
    Prestige matchmaking is broken and unfair.

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★
    Prestige matchmaking does the same as what sandbagging did. Manipulate matchmaking. The difference is that one was done by players and the other is done by the matching algorithm created by the developers.
    The point I'm making is they DO belong there, as it is now, because they completed what was required to get there. It's a competition. You win, or lose, and the results are based on that. Believe me, I get what you're saying, but that's a judgment. There is no "rightful place" in a competition such as this. As it stands now, everyone starts at the same point and advances based on their performance. So, outside of modding or other unfair tactics, people belong exactly where they are. You can't argue what should or shouldn't happen in a system that records results.
    I can say what I think should or shouldn't be the case, and pontificate on what I believe the system should be. I can't argue with the results as they stand. People still earned what they earned given the system as it is.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 804 ★★★★
    Ciedre said:

I honestly dont understand the level of bitterness/elitism from some paragon players because people with smaller accounts then them have reached GC. Holy heck guys, the real competition is in GC and their smaller rosters dont stand much chance there, but at least be happy for them getting there.
    If you as a paragon player cant beat other paragon players to reach it, then thats your problem and of no fault of theirs.

Again, whistling passed the graveyard. You think uncollected accounts facing each other have the depth and breadth of roster for the meta? Give me a break. Higher PI accounts aren’t only facing tougher rosters, but all the counters, defenders that excel in this meta. Lower PI accounts aren’t going to be facing anything like that.

But sure. Mock the player base that can’t string together enough wins to advance to GC while lauding lower PI’s accomplishing all the same milestones with far less invested…. As if this truly were a representation of a competitive game mode that makes any sense.

Evidently they are, considering it's the same Nodes, same benefits, same scoring. You can't just dismiss the progress they're making because they're not advancing just by placing their Champs. They're winning the Matches they have. That's the ONLY criteria for BGs. Not whose ego is larger.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

• Dylan_1801Dylan_1801 Posts: 12

Not even close lol. If you’re 16k prestige then it’s a pretty safe bet you’re a decent enough player at the game (unless you’re a whale) and have a solid account. so if you’re struggling to get out of vt, maybe matchmaking does play a role. But there are other issues at hand too, wether it be skill or you’re just poor at decision making when drafting. People love blaming kabam for every little thing.. do they make a fair few mistakes/ questionable choices? Sure. But still being in vt now can’t be blamed entirely on them 😂
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 804 ★★★★

Not even close lol. If you’re 16k prestige then it’s a pretty safe bet you’re a decent enough player at the game (unless you’re a whale) and have a solid account. so if you’re struggling to get out of vt, maybe matchmaking does play a role. But there are other issues at hand too, wether it be skill or you’re just poor at decision making when drafting. People love blaming kabam for every little thing.. do they make a fair few mistakes/ questionable choices? Sure. But still being in vt now can’t be blamed entirely on them 😂
    ——If you have a high PI, you have skill…but if you are stuck in VC, you don’t.——

Thanks for demonstrating the illogical conclusion of this argument. Maybe now we can quit wrecking strawmen and have Kabam address why this competitive game mode punishes account progression.
  • Dylan_1801Dylan_1801 Posts: 12

——If you have a high PI, you have skill…but if you are stuck in VC, you don’t.——

Thanks for demonstrating the illogical conclusion of this argument. Maybe now we can quit wrecking strawmen and have Kabam address why this competitive game mode punishes account progression.
    Wow, nice man. Nitpick at my comment + completely change what I said to try make ur point 😂 I said it’s a pretty safe bet ur decent at the game or a whale (pretty safe bet, meaning a fairly good chance. not a guarantee) You could’ve also unitman’d or farmed like crazy in which case ur skills are prob lacking slightly and u prob don’t deserve to be in gc anyway. Notice how you avoided the skill/ bad at drafting points entirely? I wonder why?..