**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking nightmare

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★

Ciedre said:

I honestly dont understand the level of bitterness/elitism from some paragon players because people with smaller accounts then them have reached GC. Holy heck guys, the real competition is in GC and their smaller rosters dont stand much chance there, but at least be happy for them getting there.
    If you as a paragon player cant beat other paragon players to reach it, then thats your problem and of no fault of theirs.

Do you really not understand it? Honestly?

You don't understand the best players not liking that worse players are ranking higher than them in a competition? Honestly?

And your last line is just boring. It'd been disproven so many times it's not even worth discussing.
    Evidently they're not the worst Players at BGs.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Ciedre said:

I honestly dont understand the level of bitterness/elitism from some paragon players because people with smaller accounts then them have reached GC. Holy heck guys, the real competition is in GC and their smaller rosters dont stand much chance there, but at least be happy for them getting there.
    If you as a paragon player cant beat other paragon players to reach it, then thats your problem and of no fault of theirs.

Do you really not understand it? Honestly?

You don't understand the best players not liking that worse players are ranking higher than them in a competition? Honestly?

And your last line is just boring. It'd been disproven so many times it's not even worth discussing.
    Evidently they're not the worst Players at BGs.
    This thread is proof that you are wrong again, again. 0-30. The numbers don't lie GW no matter how hard you try to spin it.
    You're using confirmation bias. For the record, I have no qualms either way. Actually, it's one of the thoughts I had. Moderate the Matches until the GC, and then leave the system as-is. However, all you're pointing out is what happens when you overpower a Player using Roster, instead of basing it on their performance.
    Back to my original point, you don't get to the GC by default. Unless every single Match you had was a connection error default, they're doing something right.
    I mean, it's one thing to feel good about achieving some sort of status in the game. It's another to see yourself as better than everyone else. Intrinsically better.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 668 ★★★★

If your frustrated losing matches in GC, imagine how 16k prestige Paragon players feel who are stuck in gold in victory bracket still feel seeing your much smaller accounts in GC with way better rewards than them. All because of a ridiculously broken matchmaking system that rewards weaker rosters with easier path to GC.

If ur still stuck in gold at this stage with a 16k prestige account, that’s not just a matchmaking problem lol
    That's like saying every NFL team should have a winning record because they're professional teams.
    Not even close lol. If you’re 16k prestige then it’s a pretty safe bet you’re a decent enough player at the game (unless you’re a whale) and have a solid account. so if you’re struggling to get out of vt, maybe matchmaking does play a role. But there are other issues at hand too, wether it be skill or you’re just poor at decision making when drafting. People love blaming kabam for every little thing.. do they make a fair few mistakes/ questionable choices? Sure. But still being in vt now can’t be blamed entirely on them 😂
    Do you not understand that in every match there is a loser, right? When two 16k accounts play each other, they both can't win. You know that, right?

And for the record, I went something like 18-2 in my final run to get out of the VT so I have no problem beating other Paragons. It's just a slog and a waste of time.
    If it's a waste of time, why do it? Isn't this a game, and the point is to have fun. I get that the matchmaking system is more favorable to some and less to others, but as with everything else in this game, you have to play the hand you've been dealt, including the matchmaking.
    There's also the point of people rushing through content and gaining Champs and Titles before diversifying their Roster enough to deal with challenges. Everyone seems so adamant that Paragons are superior in every way, but if someone can get the Title with around a Mil Account, something isn't developing. If someone is truly skilled, the "better" Player, they should have no issues winning enough Matches to get to the GC themselves. That's not the fault of the Account barely making the cut.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

You're using confirmation bias. For the record, I have no qualms either way. Actually, it's one of the thoughts I had. Moderate the Matches until the GC, and then leave the system as-is. However, all you're pointing out is what happens when you overpower a Player using Roster, instead of basing it on their performance.
    Back to my original point, you don't get to the GC by default. Unless every single Match you had was a connection error default, they're doing something right.
    I mean, it's one thing to feel good about achieving some sort of status in the game. It's another to see yourself as better than everyone else. Intrinsically better.

It's not just a roster thing though. Back when sandbagging was prevalent, multiple people (even some in my alliance) would switch to 4* only decks and just cruise through Victory Track because their skills were far superior to the normal person with a roster of that caliber. The reality is that winning 50% of your matches in the Victory Track doesn't let you progress basically at all. There is more parity and much less room for error when Paragons are facing each other and subsequently RNG plays a more significant role. Is is difficult to string together wins when RNG may be that deciding factor. War acknowledges this downfall though. You can be a Masters alliance going 7-5 if you are facing the best of the best because the mode acknowledges that this may be more impressive than going 11-1 in a less competitive Tier.
    The OP isn't exactly playing with a Roster of 4*s though. Granted it's still developing, for sure.
    Anyone who is at the Paragon level should have a Roster developed enough to deal with that disparity. That's my point. People are pushing to fast track to the Titles, and some don't even have enough counters Ranked. That's my point about content-rushing.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 ★★★★★

And for the record, I went something like 18-2 in my final run to get out of the VT so I have no problem beating other Paragons. It's just a slog and a waste of time.

The OP isn't exactly playing with a Roster of 4*s though. Granted it's still developing, for sure.
    Anyone who is at the Paragon level should have a Roster developed enough to deal with that disparity. That's my point. People are pushing to fast track to the Titles, and some don't even have enough counters Ranked. That's my point about content-rushing.

But again you are missing the point. If everyone at paragon level has a well developed roster, then someone has to win and someone has to lose. Ultimately even if you are as good as the whole pool of paragons, you are still only having a 50% success rate. It makes it really very time consuming to be slogging through the VT when someone with a 30% roster as yours can easily breeze through VT without facing any other paragon player.
    What does someone else's progress in their own Matches have to do with how you do in yours? That's the point I've been trying to get across, but for some reason the only perspective shared is they shouldn't be there.
    I play a Match, I win or lose. I either stay, or move on. Has nothing to do with who else was able to get to the GC.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Your just doing what you always do, which is arguing just for the sake of arguing. You should join a debate team or something, get it out of your system so you don't bog down threads of forums with needless arguing with zero point or incomplete perspective.
    People have different perspectives. That's how an open discussion works.

What does someone else's progress in their own Matches have to do with how you do in yours? That's the point I've been trying to get across, but for some reason the only perspective shared is they shouldn't be there.

Let me explain it for the last time.
    If rewards were in isolation then you are right, they don’t impact anyone else.
    But you get 15000 trophy tokens in addition to some other insignificant stuff just for making it to GC. This is on top of all the other trophy tokens and elder marks you get for moving up in VT. By being stuck in the VT, higher accounts are deprived of these rewards.
    Elder marks are also needed to get good points in the solo and alliance event which can get you a lot of goodies which the higher accounts again don’t get because they are not advancing in ranks in VT. Only other way to get elder marks is to spend victory tokens or money.
    People are not opposed to lower accounts getting rewards. They are just opposed to the way the VT is organized which allows lower accounts to completely bypass facing bigger accounts on their way up while bigger accounts are fighting each other in lower ranks with a roughly 50% win rate.
    Before anyone talks about skill issue, I have a 3mil account and am paragon and I have reached GC a week ago. So no..it’s not a skill issue.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

But you get 15000 trophy tokens in addition to some other insignificant stuff just for making it to GC. This is on top of all the other trophy tokens and elder marks you get for moving up in VT. By being stuck in the VT, higher accounts are deprived of these rewards.
    Elder marks are also needed to get good points in the solo and alliance event which can get you a lot of goodies which the higher accounts again don’t get because they are not advancing in ranks in VT. Only other way to get elder marks is to spend victory tokens or money.
    People are not opposed to lower accounts getting rewards. They are just opposed to the way the VT is organized which allows lower accounts to completely bypass facing bigger accounts on their way up while bigger accounts are fighting each other in lower ranks with a roughly 50% win rate.
    Before anyone talks about skill issue, I have a 3mil account and am paragon and I have reached GC a week ago. So no..it’s not a skill issue.
    This has been explained to him in numerous ways dozens of times on multiple threads. I've just been ignoring him on the other threads for past couple days, not sure why I've still been engaging him on this thread on this subject but it's obviously pointless. Dude argues just to argue.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    He's not "debating" in good faith so trying to explain it to him is a waste of everyone's time.
    Graves_3 said:

They're not being "deprived" of them. They're not earning them. Point blank.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

They're not being "deprived" of them. They're not earning them. Point blank.
    They are not earning them because matchmaking is literally stripping these rewards off, from them.
    That’s what you seem to stubbornly ignore.
    I was at Gladiator Circuit since week 1 three last seasons and this season with this, numerous times despised by the community, Prestige matchmaking, I’m still at Gold1 on my main.
    On the other side my small alt Cavalier 600k account, had great time beating similar prestige/rating small, mainly noob accounts, on it’s cruise to GC, where sits comfortably since first week, waiting for ranked rewards.
    Same person, same skills, different accounts.
    If that’s not a prof of how broken Prestige matchmaking is, then I don’t know what is.
    I can bet many people with alt accounts, have also noticed that their smaller alt accounts progress faster at VT, than their bigger main.
    Account progression should matter as advantage, not as disadvantage, on a progress based game.
    The company is monetising progress, and at the moment BGs punish you for that.
    It is the exact same situation as AW prestige matchmaking mess.
    Kabam should address this too, as soon as possible.
    People can’t wait for more seasons, losing VT tier and mostly ranked rewards, while watching accounts that still haven’t complete Act6, getting them.

No, the Matchmaking isn't stripping anything from them. That's the part that people are ignorant to. It's not a personal judgment. It's a matter of fact. People who are winning their Matches advance. People who aren't, aren't.
    You can talk about making progress in as many areas of the game as you like, but that has nothing to do with BGs. You're either winning your Fights, or you aren't. You can't blame the other people and their Matches for that because their Matches literally have nothing to do with yours. They're not stealing Rewards from you. You earn them by winning your Matches. I don't know why that's a difficult thing to accept, but it's quite plain.
    Saying you can beat this and that doesn't make a statement to what you are entitled to in another game mode. You advance based on your own results.
    edited January 2023

Graves_3 said:

But again you are missing the point. If everyone at paragon level has a well developed roster, then someone has to win and someone has to lose. Ultimately even if you are as good as the whole pool of paragons, you are still only having a 50% success rate. It makes it really very time consuming to be slogging through the VT when someone with a 30% roster as yours can easily breeze through VT without facing any other paragon player.

That's called a competition. What you're saying is you've earned the right to propel yourself by matching with Accounts earlier on in the game, and that's about as entitled as it comes.
    Someone can have a Paragon Account, and all the Champs they want, but if they're not able to use it in a Best of 3 competition with a Global Node, that's a skill issue.
    I've honestly exhausted all other ways to say it, so that's the clearest I can be. If you're truly skilled, take on people in your own division.

Graves_3 said:

That's called a competition. What you're saying is you've earned the right to propel yourself by matching with Accounts earlier on in the game, and that's about as entitled as it comes.
    Someone can have a Paragon Account, and all the Champs they want, but if they're not able to use it in a Best of 3 competition with a Global Node, that's a skill issue.
    I've honestly exhausted all other ways to say it, so that's the clearest I can be. If you're truly skilled, take on people in your own division.
    Exactly!! But there is no division now is there? Since it’s all one large pool of competitors, why is there an invisible pool segregating higher progression and lower progression accounts and preventing them from matching each other?

Graves_3 said:

So you think Battlegrounds is only about skills?
    Why then Kabam doesn’t offer a 4* or 5* or 6* generic deck available to all players only at BGs, so skills only matter?
    Why Kabam still allows two players, with way different strength rosters, to get matched at Gladiator Circuit?
    Should we extend Prestige matchmaking there too, since you insist on its fairness and that reward skills?
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Exactly!! But there is no division now is there? Since it’s all one large pool of competitors, why is there an invisible pool segregating higher progression and lower progression accounts and preventing them from matching each other?
    I think that answer has already been given. People manipulate their Roster for easy pickin's. There is also a limit to how much of a variation between the two Accounts is, until it's no longer a reasonable Match. When you have to take down the opponent and maintain as much Health as possible, and your opponent is doing 3x Damage because of the Rating, and you're limited, that's not a fair gauge. You can't skill the various mechanics that govern the interaction between an R4 and an R1.
    Here's a hypothetical situation.

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

I think that answer has already been given. People manipulate their Roster for easy pickin's. There is also a limit to how much of a variation between the two Accounts is, until it's no longer a reasonable Match. When you have to take down the opponent and maintain as much Health as possible, and your opponent is doing 3x Damage because of the Rating, and you're limited, that's not a fair gauge. You can't skill the various mechanics that govern the interaction between an R4 and an R1.
    There's a difference between being able to randomly match against someone vs manipulate your roster/deck to specifically match against a more favourable opponent. That is why the matchmaking was initially changed. This system is an improvement on that but still needs more work.

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

When we are fighting over the exact same same rewards, I personally don’t care if I’m stronger and I’m doing 3x damage, same as I wouldn’t care if my opponent was stronger and was doing more damage, since we are fighting over the EXACT SAME rewards.
    Anyone should be able to match anyone, in a shared pool of rewards. That’s the fair.
    K00shMaan said:

Here's a hypothetical situation.

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

There's a difference between being able to randomly match against someone vs manipulate your roster/deck to specifically match against a more favourable opponent. That is why the matchmaking was initially changed. This system is an improvement on that but still needs more work.
    Well, yes. The original question was as to why we should have something regulating Matches, so I addressed that question. Unfortunately, there has to be something intervening in the beginning stages, otherwise the only people that benefit from that are the ones overpowering others. I'm not saying the system is perfect. The alternative, what some people would like to see, is just keeping others from progressing at all. That unilateral perspective undervalues the fact that people deserve to progress and grow where they are at as well.
    Greekhit said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

When we are fighting over the exact same same rewards, I personally don’t care if I’m stronger and I’m doing 3x damage, same as I wouldn’t care if my opponent was stronger and was doing more damage, since we are fighting over the EXACT SAME rewards.
    Anyone should be able to match anyone, in a shared pool of rewards. That’s the fair.
    That's where I disagree, and I sat and stayed quiet when War changes were made. I'm not saying quiet now. There is unequivocally and undisputedly a "too much difference" factor to people starting out and finding their placement. If they work their way up to a certain point and meet their match, by all means. When an Alliance starts and enters War, and encounters an Ally 10Mil vs. 70Mil, that's absolute ****. War is a different story, and it is what it is now. I'm not staying quiet this time. You need to give people a fair chance to start out. I don't care who feels they've earned the right to decimate them.
    See that's closer to where I stand. We don't need to actually have Paragons facing UC where the match is determined before it starts. But we do need a system that acknowledges when I'm going up against a Paragon rather than a "Bronze" caliber BG player. AW has tiers and rating. This is one example of how this discrepancy is accounted for. I think Kabam honestly overlooked the fact that there would be enough smaller accounts progressing through the Victory Track so that they would be able to consistently match with each other the entire way. I think they assumed that by the time they got to Platinum and Diamond that they would start facing bigger accounts but it isn't the case.
    Like I said earlier, it really seems like they only though that 10,000 or so Summoners would even make it to the GC.