Grinding arena = a great time to check out new music!!

11993451199345 Member Posts: 522 ★★★
Look, arena is what it is...some like it, some don't...but I've found it's the best time to listen to new music (or bands I've recently discovered); Doing so makes arena WAY more enjoyable. I'm currently falling down the Sleep Token rabbit hole. Absolute craziness. Never thought I'd enjoy soulful gothic progrock, but I'm here for it!!

So who do you like listening to while grinding arena?? What bands make your grind effortless??

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    Cowboy Bebop. Works like a charm.
  • Negativity_1Negativity_1 Member Posts: 61
    Y'all might remember Aerosmith? the song Dream On is always so good (not the Kratos one, the OG one,) I love it so much (mostly this)
    Or I would probably listen to Hope by XXX or sometimes Tourner Dans La Vide by India(slowed down) These are my picks
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    Finally another Sleep Token fan! Brilliant stuff, everything from Sundowning onwards is pure gold.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 364 ★★★
    usually I watch some series, as I have ADHD I'm used to doing other things while playing.
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    When I do listen to music, it’s always Zach Bryan and Charles Wesley Godwin. They’re amazingly rich and wonderful.

I also watch a lot of Comics Explained, and commentaries when I’m grinding.

This is a super cool thread!

Jinx
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Judas priest most of time, sometimes I add some rock/metal classics to the mix as well
  • TraviswTravisw Member Posts: 22
    Nothing but boxcar willie or William hung for me.
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Member Posts: 278 ★★★

Judas priest most of time, sometimes I add some rock/metal classics to the mix as well

Not sure about judas priest but heard he's got some good ones! I like breaking the law but that's the only one I know, although I can recommend DIO what a great band, Ronnie james dio really does know how to sing, some of my favourites from them are Holy diver, Rainbow in the dark, Last in line and Invisible a great band for anyone who doesn't like heavy metal but still loves the lighter metal/ rock!
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited May 2023

Finally another Sleep Token fan! Brilliant stuff, everything from Sundowning onwards is pure gold.

Been listening to Take Me Back To Eden since yesterday. SOLID offering. Euclid callback to The Night is pure gold!
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’m an audiobook guy but I’ve been enjoying a bit of Marty Robbins recently
    1199345 said:

Been listening to Take Me Back To Eden since yesterday. SOLID offering. Euclid callback to The Night is pure gold!
    Don't necro old threads.
    New album dropped yesterday...continued the relative conversation...
    Should have started a new thread If it was that important.
    It's a discussion board, where people discuss things in an ongoing manner as long as it remains constructive and respectful. If not, a mod can step in...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    1199345 said:

It's a discussion board, where people discuss things in an ongoing manner as long as it remains constructive and respectful. If not, a mod can step in...

Well, by forum rules, these threads are not allowed to begin with
    I made a relevant reply to an older post...zero breaking of forum rules...
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    I vibe to Marked For Life by Brandon Yates.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    1199345 said:

I made a relevant reply to an older post...zero breaking of forum rules...

Off-topic threads aren't allowed, that is. And reviving threads are also as well, doesn't matter if its relevant or not
    It's a topic about listening to stuff while grinding arena...and I didn't revive anything, I posted a reply to a reply since the band we were talking about literally just released a new album yesterday...

An album of which I've been listening to yesterday and today while...grinding arena...

...still on topic...
    edited May 2023
    1199345 said:

It's a topic about listening to stuff while grinding arena...and I didn't revive anything, I posted a reply to a reply since the band we were talking about literally just released a new album yesterday...

An album of which I've been listening to yesterday and today while...grinding arena...

...still on topic...

It's very simple, you did revive this thread. End of, this thread is a good few months old and hadnt been opened again since, therefore it's considered an old thread, disagree all you want but you still revived a thread that hadn't been "active" for months.

Metallica has released a new album recently, do you see me reviving music threads talking about their new album?no I don't think so.
    However I think things that aren't game related should be allowed, I love talking about the music I love so much and love talking to people that love the music that I do so fair enough mate Just don't revive old threads is all.
    So start a new thread then...we'll talk Metallica there if you want...

Watch out for the gatekeepers though...they think they're moderators...