**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Please adjust Battlegrounds matchmaking…

RawrasurusRawrasurus Posts: 54 ★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Im getting so sick of facing people with entire rosters of R4 6* champs just because I hit paragon progression.
It was easier for me to reach GC when I was cavalier than it is now. What sense does that make? Why do lower level accounts get easier fights when we’re all fighting for the same rewards in a highly competitive game mode?

Hard stuck in bronze this season and quit after reaching gold last season.

Love regressing! Next step is just never play battlegrounds again I guess
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

U reached Cav to Paragon in 4-5 months?
    Well that tells u something.. u had a broad roster to be Cav and a thin roster to be Paragon

Literally my first thought.
  • Options
    Either that or content-rushing, and the Roster hasn't developed enough. People are fast-tracking to the Titles and their Accounts are scarcely grown.
  • Options
    Well, because you're a small fish in a big pond now. Also, skill in other areas of the game is not the same as skill in BGs. I'm not saying anyone is not skilled. I'm just pointing out that there's a difference. It's a different game mode with different requirements.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its not based on progression, its based on prestiege..
    Also r4s can be beat with r3s... Maybe your r3 roster is not as broad... I always said this and got criticized for it.. but being a brand new paragon with the minimum requirements is almost being a TB+...
  • Options

What you’re saying is
    Dont progress because its not worth it
    Got it
    Wheres my progression rank down tickets so ai can get easy fights all the way back to GC again kabam?
    Ill unrank all my r4s to go back to TB for a season

If you want to compete with other Paragons, you're going to have to start out at the bottom. That's how it works. Did you expect to get the Title and take on everyone? It's a PvP game mode.
  • Options

What you’re saying is
    Dont progress because its not worth it
    Got it
    Wheres my progression rank down tickets so ai can get easy fights all the way back to GC again kabam?
    Ill unrank all my r4s to go back to TB for a season

It takes time... But it honestly seems like a rushed account.. u could have an r4 Doom as a new Paragon.. but chances are an r3 Doom at max sig will be better... Its not just rank u worry about...
  • Options
    This was u before...

Now u are in the UFC
  • Options
    So because you want to pick on lower Players just like you don't want done to yourself, the Matchmaking is the issue?
    Your Account hasn't filled out yet. Give it time and work on it.
  • Options

Denslo500 said:

@Rawrasurus
    You were a high-level Cavalier, and low-level Cavs got destroyed by you.

Now you are low-level Paragon and high level Paragons are destroying you.

Why is either scenario okay? Everyone here commenting seems to be missing the point. Prestige based/title based matchmaking is the problem. You just keep echoing the same thing over and over like I dont understand the problem.

I am fully aware if how the matchmaking works. The matchmaking is the problem.
    No u are not.. you open the thread by saying that since you became paragon you are fighting people with r4...also you said this.. "Wheres my progression rank down tickets so ai can get easy fights all the way back to GC again kabam?". Now high Paragons could ask.. why would u play against lower accounts and compete for the same rewards?
  • Options
    I've already stated what I'm defending, and it isn't an easy track for anyone.
    We're talking about the OP's situation. When you fast-track progress like that, your Account doesn't develop breadth. This game mode is partly about having a wide range of options, and those options need to be Ranked sufficiently for what you're coming up against.
    I wouldn't call it overall progress. Just quick Rewards.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Amazing how many people.jumping on op for "rushed account" which was likely enabled heavily from how easy it is for lower accounts to maximize rewards with easier track to GC. We are going to see this issue far more often from those who choose to keep progressing while.otjers will just avoid progression.

Also shocking to me people are quick to judge this guy from making great progress so quick meanwhile those who are not progressing are probably already in or close to GC already this season.

I can't understand how some of you are defending this matchmaking system.

That's URU 2, the reason i am using URU 2 is cause URU 1 has a 999.999 limit...
    Lets imagine he gets to URU 2... He wants to be in the 7000-8500 Ranking playing people in the 30000-999.999 range...
    If u criticize the matchmaking on the lower side u also have to criticize it form the upper one...
    If i was high up there i dont wanna see someone who has been beating cavallier accounts next to me....
    I also think its ridiculous to say "I lose cause they got r4s...and i got r3s..."
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

Amazing how many people.jumping on op for "rushed account" which was likely enabled heavily from how easy it is for lower accounts to maximize rewards with easier track to GC. We are going to see this issue far more often from those who choose to keep progressing while.otjers will just avoid progression.

Also shocking to me people are quick to judge this guy from making great progress so quick meanwhile those who are not progressing are probably already in or close to GC already this season.

I can't understand how some of you are defending this matchmaking system.

That's URU 2, the reason i am using URU 2 is cause URU 1 has a 999.999 limit...
    Lets imagine he gets to URU 2... He wants to be in the 7000-8500 Ranking playing people in the 30000-999.999 range...
    If u criticize the matchmaking on the lower side u also have to criticize it form the upper one...
    If i was high up there i dont wanna see someone who has been beating cavallier accounts next to me....
    I also think its ridiculous to say "I lose cause they got r4s...and i got r3s..."
    Did you miss the several big threads since last season which highlighted 300-400k accounts in GC? How did you think those accounts made it to GC last season? It’s from flawed matchmaking that the OP is talking about.
    Modders maybe?..u do know there is a way to cheat by making a barricade of people trying to get to the top...also if its flawed.. the OP is trying to take advantage of the flaw by not competing with bigger roster Paragons...
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

We're talking about the OP's situation. When you fast-track progress like that, your Account doesn't develop breadth. This game mode is partly about having a wide range of options, and those options need to be Ranked sufficiently for what you're coming up against.

I literally predicted that this exact situation was destined to happen in one of the other big threads about BG Matchmaking. Some Cavalier was going to use the rewards which they "maybe" didn't deserve to improve their account into a situation where they could no longer win matches. That fact that this concept exists is so fundamentally flawed. You can say that the matchmaking was intended to shelter smaller accounts but, I don't know about you, this doesn't feel like the system did a very good job of that in OP's case. It likely fast tracked him to Paragon and now he can't really compete through no fault of his own.

That being said, OP don't say you're hard stuck in Bronze when the season is less than 2 days old. The better players will move up over time and the competition will get easier as the month progresses.
    I doubt the Rewards from a Season were what brought them to Paragon.
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

K00shMaan said:

I literally predicted that this exact situation was destined to happen in one of the other big threads about BG Matchmaking. Some Cavalier was going to use the rewards which they "maybe" didn't deserve to improve their account into a situation where they could no longer win matches. That fact that this concept exists is so fundamentally flawed. You can say that the matchmaking was intended to shelter smaller accounts but, I don't know about you, this doesn't feel like the system did a very good job of that in OP's case. It likely fast tracked him to Paragon and now he can't really compete through no fault of his own.

That being said, OP don't say you're hard stuck in Bronze when the season is less than 2 days old. The better players will move up over time and the competition will get easier as the month progresses.
    I can almost guarantee they did. Either directly by buying R4 Mats from the BG Store or indirectly by empowering champions that he used to clear the necessary content.
    The OP said they went from Cav to Para in a few months. That wasn't the result of BGs alone.
  • Options

K00shMaan said:

K00shMaan said:

I can almost guarantee they did. Either directly by buying R4 Mats from the BG Store or indirectly by empowering champions that he used to clear the necessary content.
    The OP said they went from Cav to Para in a few months. That wasn't the result of BGs alone.
    I implied it was 4-5 months..
    We are in the 4th season and OP said he got to GC as cav.. Beta didnt have GC so i assume he meant a few months..
    And some people are posting I am questioning skill for doing that so quick... No i am questioning roster depth, cause saying I cant win cause they have R4s.. means he is using a bunch of r1s and r2s.. cause there is no way having a deck of r3s puts u in that much of a disadvantage against r4s...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

K00shMaan said:

K00shMaan said:

We are in the 4th season and OP said he got to GC as cav.. Beta didnt have GC so i assume he meant a few months..
    And some people are posting I am questioning skill for doing that so quick... No i am questioning roster depth, cause saying I cant win cause they have R4s.. means he is using a bunch of r1s and r2s.. cause there is no way having a deck of r3s puts u in that much of a disadvantage against r4s...
    Then the Matchmaking is a moot point because the suspected Prestige Matches haven't been used for the entirety of BGs. Which means content-rushing is a valid point. Along with other sources for Mats.
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

I think you're underestimating how impactful Trophy Tokens can be then. I've been getting 18 6 Star Crystals per season+offseason specifically from BGs. This doesn't even use up all my tokens. Once they got Thronebreaker, they absolutely could've used their tokens to get the materials for at least one of their R4s. How can you possibly say that isn't massively improving their account.

It all depends on the summoner... Chasing that r4 is not necessarily an improvement if the rest of your champs are at r1-r2...
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Coppin said:

K00shMaan said:

K00shMaan said:

Then the Matchmaking is a moot point because the suspected Prestige Matches haven't been used for the entirety of BGs. Which means content-rushing is a valid point. Along with other sources for Mats.
    If we're all in agreement that Prestige based matchmaking is in full effect now. Is it not possible that OP used his tokens to get the champions, awakenings, and sig stones that make up his current prestige?
This discussion has been closed.