**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

12 Champ Crystal should be free

Sorry but this should be free, not $1. You are giving everyone access to a god tier 4* champ, but many of your base are free to play players and even though it’s a great price they’d have to compromise their standards to buy it. It feels a lot like “if everyone gives us a dollar we’ll reach our end of year goal!” tactic.

I personally don’t need a god tier 4* with where my roster is now and have spent occasionally, so this isn’t about me. But I see nothing wrong with giving everyone this crystal for free so some newer players can catch up, esp. since 5*s are the future. Just my two cents. Feels cheap to encourage us to get to 1 million likes and then the reward is pay a dollar to play/be part of this campaign. People who spend can spend, but this should be free appreciation of your player base.

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I agree but I don't think they will change it
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    We’ll substitute “community voted top 12 champ” for every time I say god tier up there and it will read more accurately, haha
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I already suggested something similar in the announcement thread ...
    Money isn't the problem, the problem is using the money in the game. Selling the crystal for something like 200 units (5/6x times more expensive than a 1$ crystal) would be more efficient.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    For that matter, if people can afford devices and data, I can't see a dollar being unattainable if they want it bad enough. Of course, it's always optional.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    No such thing as free. You paid for the device. You paid for the data plan. And even if you got those from your Mommy, you paid with your time.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Well think about how many players play this game if kabam give this guaranteed 4 star offer for just 1 dollar imagine how many people will get this even kids will ask their parents or guardian to check this out and since it is just one dollar they cannot refuse I have to say it is a very smart idea now that I think about it.
    eXtripa69 articulated my very point, perhaps better than I did. In my original post I even said it is a really good price, didn’t deny that. It’s not that I’m too cheap for a dollar. It’s the principle for free to play.

And to say I pay for phone and data is different than pulling out the credit card for the video game.
  • MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    Its literally a dollar I don't see how much better this deal can get unless it was like 100 units
  • TecknorockaTecknorocka Posts: 35
    Wow, just wow... complaining over a dollar
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Maybe they just want to specifically reward the P2P players? That would be a nice gesture for the people that make this game possible for the F2P players. And the free guys can still jump on this offer.

It seems silly that you don't think anyone should be allowed to buy something just because you can't. If you can't afford $1, then you simply don't get to have this. I'm sure there will other offers for just units coming up, but I don't blame them for trying to get people's credit cards on file either.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Wow, just wow... complaining over a dollar

I can't buy it for a dollar.

Then don't
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    I was dumb , I spend money in this game now I can see people who are playing this game free , have awesome roster and player base. This game is a free game no need to put money, I have learned this a hard way .... just join a good alliance.
    I said twice it’s a good deal. Read the actual post and my and eXtripa’s sentences
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I dont really see this as a gift... You'd have to consider its a 'good deal' from Kabam to celebrate a goal and nothing more
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    I think Kabam has overpriced everything in this game but this is a time where $1 is a good deal. Don’t buy it if you can’t afford to give the game creators $1.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    It’s more fun if you play it free , otherwise you will start expecting form this game once you start putting your money, if you want to enjoy this game play it free.

Play free , Be happy 😃
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    The OP really hit home with the example of Free to play only players. An example is BrianGrant(check youtube) he is dedicated to never spending money on the game, and that is his choice, but now he(others) run the risk of missing out on key champions to complete content.

Now for me this is not an issue, but I do see how others feel this way, and it is a legitimate concern. This offer for 50 Units would be better for the F2P.

1. considering that brian grant has completed labyrinth 100%, i'm pretty sure he's not running any risk of missing out on "key" champions to complete content.

2. that's his choice and anybody else's choice to "miss out" on this if they don't want to spend $1.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Are people complaining about a dollar??? You got to be jocking me? Brooooo if you dont want to buy a dollar crystal dont do it. It is optional just like any other offer.
  • CoquiFongo wrote: »
    The OP really hit home with the example of Free to play only players. An example is BrianGrant(check youtube) he is dedicated to never spending money on the game, and that is his choice, but now he(others) run the risk of missing out on key champions to complete content.

Now for me this is not an issue, but I do see how others feel this way, and it is a legitimate concern. This offer for 50 Units would be better for the F2P.

It would be better. It is explicitly not intended to be better.

The whole point of Brian Grant not spending on the game is not that he is opposed to spending money on games. It is apparently to see how far he could get not spending. In fact, it isn't even about money. Brian Grant also refuses in-game gifts which would cost him zero dollars. He knows this means his experience will be fundamentally different from any player that gets gifts and spends money.

I'm sure that at no time does Brian Grant explicitly wish for things to cost money so he can't buy them. But I'm also sure he understands that the whole point of not spending money is that his account will not be able to take advantage of offers like this. I'm not explicitly worried about him.

As to others that want to remain F2P, that's their choice. But that choice has consequences, and being unable to buy something for a dollar is one of those consequences.

Lots of things are acquirable by F2P players. In fact, some of the very best things are: OG Vision, for example, was acquirable using only units both times he came up. But some things, like say Red Deadpool, aren't. This one isn't. Some things won't be. In fact, in the general case most offers cannot be targeted to or acquirable by F2P players for the game to survive.
  • MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    Hi - what's this? I am not seeing this offer!

This offer isn't available yet, but should he upcoming in like a Month or whatever
This discussion has been closed.