Bgs Matchmsking is soooo bad

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Pikolu said:

Licky said:

Why would I have a match screenshot

You can simply go to match history and screenshot your match. Gold 3 matching with diamond 3 is a very bold claim and is understandable that we would like proof of this claim.
    I've literally played somewhere nearing 1000 matches of BGs. I can count on one hand the number of times that I matched someone in a different Tier than me and it was never more than 1 Tier off. I'm going to assume that OP must be referring to the Alliance War Tier of his opponent and not his individual BG's Tier.
    I assume the same which is irrelevant.. i know Paragons go to silver tier wars to take breaks...
    And war tier and bg have nothing to do with matchmaking...
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

K00shMaan said:

Pikolu said:

Licky said:

Why would I have a match screenshot

You can simply go to match history and screenshot your match. Gold 3 matching with diamond 3 is a very bold claim and is understandable that we would like proof of this claim.
    I've literally played somewhere nearing 1000 matches of BGs. I can count on one hand the number of times that I matched someone in a different Tier than me and it was never more than 1 Tier off. I'm going to assume that OP must be referring to the Alliance War Tier of his opponent and not his individual BG's Tier.
    I assume the same which is irrelevant.. i know Paragons go to silver tier wars to take breaks...
    And war tier and bg have nothing to do with matchmaking...
    Yeah I'm Paragon and "only" play Gold 2/3 Wars which doesn't always tell the story. Our Alliance is only 1BG so even though we're in gold, our map is still Tier 3 and every time at least half the defenders are going to be R4's. Fights are still challenging and I'm still gaining that experience of fighting tricky defenders on tricky node combinations. Biggest difference is that the expectation isn't to just solo every fight every season.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    You're essentially asking for a toned-down Abyss or EOP with the same amount of rewards that those who did them on day 1 got. If you want to win more get a stronger roster (or actually get a worse roster because Kabam broke BGs so badly).
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 327 ★★★
    Ok fine guys I give up I should be facing accounts with 5k more prestige when and in diamond 3 when I'm in Gold 3

And I can't find that match I play around 20 a day and this was a week ago
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

You're essentially asking for a toned-down Abyss or EOP with the same amount of rewards that those who did them on day 1 got. If you want to win more get a stronger roster (or actually get a worse roster because Kabam broke BGs so badly).

I dont understand why you are this mad, this is player versus player mode, where you should win if you are better than your opponent, if not, then you have to look at this mode like another PVE mode with strange CPU names.

Lower accounts getting X rewards doesnt make you lose those rewards, so stop complaining about it.

VT should be balanced matches.

GC should be the royal rumble where you have to have both better roster and skills to win, because if you win rewards, he loses rewards.

You are mad because the student that didnt study as hard as you gets the same degree, that doesnt affect you fam, stop being this annoying about it.

You are better so you will have a better job.

Same here, if you are better you will get higher in GC, and you will be able to do content easier, faster and with less amount of resources wasted.

The problem here is that the matchmaking is bad, so you get vs players with better rosters than you, instead of similar ones, when Kabam fixes the matchmaking problem everybody will get what he deserves from VT, and they will compete in GC so see who is the biggest whale on the tank.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★

Jefechuta said:

I dont understand why you are this mad, this is player versus player mode, where you should win if you are better than your opponent, if not, then you have to look at this mode like another PVE mode with strange CPU names.

Lower accounts getting X rewards doesnt make you lose those rewards, so stop complaining about it.

GC should be the royal rumble where you have to have both better roster and skills to win, because if you win rewards, he loses rewards.

You are mad because the student that didnt study as hard as you gets the same degree, that doesnt affect you fam, stop being this annoying about it.

Same here, if you are better you will get higher in GC, and you will be able to do content easier, faster and with less amount of resources wasted.

The problem here is that the matchmaking is bad, so you get vs players with better rosters than you, instead of similar ones, when Kabam fixes the matchmaking problem everybody will get what he deserves from VT, and they will compete in GC so see who is the biggest whale on the tank.
    Because much worse players than me and others at my level are breezing through the VT.

Do you really not understand that when two 16k+ players fight each other, one HAS to lose? It's not that hard to comprehend.
    Apparently they're not so much worse because they're winning their Matches.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Because much worse players than me and others at my level are breezing through the VT.

Do you really not understand that when two 16k+ players fight each other, one HAS to lose? It's not that hard to comprehend.
    Yeah but it is the same for them dude, or do you think that every low acc is in GC, seriously, you guys are being angry about the wrong things.

and its not about 16k vs 16k, it is about a range where you can match both stronger or weaker opponents, but by the same way people complained last season about the nodes because if you were unlucky you were just going to lose no matter your skills, it happens here as well, how I can possibly win a player that has between 2k to 4k more value in each champion he has? I would only win if he has a very very very bad luck or if he gets bugs in the match.

So I prefer to play balanced matches vs strong players that are my level, than beat weak players that are just going to waste either 15 energy or 90 elder marks to play a match vs me that they are not going to win because my roster is just stronger.

Everybody wants the rewards, but you should be mad because you are playing vs stronger roster than you should be, not because the low accs are not playing vs the beasts.

Fix matchmaking, match someone with similar roster and the one that plays and picks better the champs will win, as it should be in VT.

I've reached GC and Diamond 1 the last 2 seasons, right now Im at Silver 1, because I play vs the big full R4-R3 max sig rosters, am I mad? Yes. It affects me that the low accs are at Diamond 1 or GC? No, it does not, because it wont change my situation.

When Kabam fixes the matchmaking so you have to deal with similar rosters, we all will be happy, reaching where we should reach.

And I only play for the objectives waiting for Kabam to fix the matchmaking, because I went from losing maybe 1 or 2 matches out of 10 on the last season to win 2, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, lose 1, win 2, lose 2, etc etc. So obviously something is not working.

• Dylan_1801Dylan_1801 Member Posts: 12

im 600k rating and 11k prestige and while i was in victory track i was facing mostly 800k-1.5m players so the climb was not hard at all for me to get to gc, but from time to time i would face the random 3-4m paragon player with a r5 6 star and thats just the game. once i reached GC i accpeted that a 600k rating roster will never get a win ,since GC is to show who the best of the best is, so now i just go for the 3 games every two days for objectives. during VT i would say that match making was pretty balanced other than the random game or two where you get matched against someone way out of your league. also let me add that i also faced some people with 300k rating or less using r3,4 4 stars during my climb in VT so you just gotta accept that the game is the game.

Perfect example of this garbage matchmaking gifting low rosters rewards that they don't deserve.
    I disagree, he’s won his games and progressed through the victory track. He won them games.. He deserves to be in GC. Now that he’s in GC he struggles to win any games, so it’s unlikely he will move up past uru3 (at least not until the final week when more people are in) therefore he will only receive the standard 10k trophy tokens for getting to gc, nothing more. He is (I assume) cav, so the price of shards will be significantly higher than if he was tb/ paragon
    I'm going to take your advice, build my roster a bit and return to VC and see how it goes
    Whatever il upgrade my roster and try again
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Licky said:

Whatever il upgrade my roster and try again

While it should work, it most likely won’t work.
    You are more likely to face harder competition.
    And that’s what people are talking about.
    Progress is penalised instead of being rewarded, because of VT matchmaking, which demoralises account progression.

• GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Member Posts: 236 ★★
    there are two arguments but the first feeds into the second argument. the first argument is the "same rewards" issue
    - A 3mil 16K prestige account is fighting through VT to get to GC. Every tier gets battleground chips. if you make it to CG you are guaranteed 10K chips.
    - A <1mil <12K account is also fighting to get the tiered rewards and the guaranteed 10K chips.

so the SAME rewards that alot of ppl are annoyed about is the 10K chips for getting to the GC.

The second issue lies with prestige and account size
    a 8K account and a 10K account is going to be very similar roster diversity. this really makes the matchmaking even and the lower accounts can progress with the "best man wins" narrative. Conversely, a 1.6mil 14k account is matching with a 4mil 16K account (that same 2k difference) and roster diversity is going to be VERY different. the 1.6mil account may have 5 R4s while the 4mil account may have +20 R4s, +50 R3s and so on. Not only does the 4mil account have overall strength, but they have the champions in their deck to support the monthly node.

for me, I have 5 R5s and a 1.6mil rating (2 maxed sig, 2 mid sig and 1 undupped). I now match with everyone else that has 5 x R5s no matter if they have 5 or 30 in their deck because prestige only accounts for your top 5 champions. until a few weeks ago, the highest rated accounts didn't have any R5s so that means i could literally be matched with the giant pool of players that far outmatched my account.

because of the VAST difference in account diversity vs prestige, the 12-15K prestige players are getting unfair matches that do not support "best player wins" which is why there is so much animosity to the matchmaking process.

• Dylan_1801Dylan_1801 Member Posts: 12

im 600k rating and 11k prestige and while i was in victory track i was facing mostly 800k-1.5m players so the climb was not hard at all for me to get to gc, but from time to time i would face the random 3-4m paragon player with a r5 6 star and thats just the game. once i reached GC i accpeted that a 600k rating roster will never get a win ,since GC is to show who the best of the best is, so now i just go for the 3 games every two days for objectives. during VT i would say that match making was pretty balanced other than the random game or two where you get matched against someone way out of your league. also let me add that i also faced some people with 300k rating or less using r3,4 4 stars during my climb in VT so you just gotta accept that the game is the game.

Perfect example of this garbage matchmaking gifting low rosters rewards that they don't deserve.
    I disagree, he’s won his games and progressed through the victory track. He won them games.. He deserves to be in GC. Now that he’s in GC he struggles to win any games, so it’s unlikely he will move up past uru3 (at least not until the final week when more people are in) therefore he will only receive the standard 10k trophy tokens for getting to gc, nothing more. He is (I assume) cav, so the price of shards will be significantly higher than if he was tb/ paragon
    You shouldn't get act 7 rewards for beating act 4.
    They’re not getting those rewards.. UC can’t buy 6* shards only cav+ can… and even then, they’re pretty expensive for cavs to purchase at 1.2k tokens per 1k shards

Jefechuta said:

Apparently they're not so much worse because they're winning their Matches.
    Seriously you have a comprehensive issue.

You sure you didn’t skip school when you were 10?
    Not really. If people are better, they'd be winning their own Matches.
    I didn't lie but ok

Keep fighting with me, idc, but matchmaking needs to improve for everyone, we all know it

Licky said:

I didn't lie but ok

Keep fighting with me, idc, but matchmaking needs to improve for everyone, we all know it

Improve in terms of what? All we know is you don’t want to match against a higher account when in fact you’re competing the same rewards.

Coward.

What I would call cowardly is preying on weaker Accounts because fair fights are only coming up 50/50. Funny how we can have different views on definitions.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Licky said:

I didn't lie but ok

We all know how matchmaking works by now. None of us have ever encountered anything even remotely close to what you claim to have happened (but can't provide proof). The only people who would believe you are people who believe they have been abducted by aliens or believe Elvis is speaking to them through their toast.
  • Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Member Posts: 168
    Its not just the match making. Its the entirety of it. Sometimes u have nodes, sometimes u dont, or u playing against cheaters, or the AI is all over the place & throwing specials while ur blocking. This game is getting to be unplayable.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

I didn't lie but ok

You mean matchmaking needs give you favorable matchups because you're afraid of competition?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★

You shouldn't get act 7 rewards for beating act 4.
    They’re not getting those rewards.. UC can’t buy 6* shards only cav+ can… and even then, they’re pretty expensive for cavs to purchase at 1.2k tokens per 1k shards
    Wrong.

Everyone gets the same rewards.
    Perhaps, but they have a point. The Tokens are the same. The Store is limited based on progression.