**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon or TB and stuck in Victory track? Check this out

ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
Here is a little something to show those of us who are paragon or TB and still in victory track, 65 accounts currently in Arcane 2, meaning full victory track rewards and guaranteed GC rewards.

https://youtu.be/0186Be7w6Ko

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Do you know how many of those are there from nefarious means? I think it's a bit of a jump to blame the Matchmaking for everything you see.
  • Options
    We don't know anything about it. Which is why I said we can't assume they're all the result of Matchmaking. I'm all for pointing out an issue (albeit it has multiple Threads, including a number by the OP), but I'm not going to listen to false narratives.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

We don't know anything about it. Which is why I said we can't assume they're all the result of Matchmaking. I'm all for pointing out an issue (albeit it has multiple Threads, including a number by the OP), but I'm not going to listen to false narratives.

How in the world is this a false narrative? I literally have video proof! You just disagree to disagree so you have to make up anything to discredit anything the majority agrees with. Your assumption doesn't make factual video a false narrative.

By the way, scroll yourself through Arcane 2, I only did 65 accounts in this, but there are hundreds more under a million rating and would be destroyed by an average TB or paragon.
    Your assumption on the amount of Accounts in the GC and the reasons they got there doesn't make it the result of a Matchmaking in every case. That's my point.
    You keep saying they would be destroyed by a TB or Paragon, but the GC is ELO. Not Roster-based. Which means they're not advancing there because of the Matchmaking. If they don't belong there, they wouldn't advance at all, unless they're actually skilled, or some other means.
    You have posted ad nauseum about the subject, as have I. The difference is I stick to the Threads already open on the subject. We don't need to keep spamming them on the Forum. I'm pretty sure we can discuss it in the plethora of Threads already open.
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm looking at the evidence. I'm sorry you're upset that you can't advance by beating up smaller Accounts.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Chovner said:

Well they are either there because of matchmaking or because of cheating. Either way, it’s a significant problem. Can you at least acknowledge that? Because no matter the reason, it shouldn’t be like this. And if you think it should, you’re the only one.
    Don't waste your breath they'll (GW) only answer with something that isn't against Kabam, seems like they're being completely objective while purposely going against whatever it is you're saying.
    This is their way.... :neutral:
    On my leaderboards, I cannot see ranks beneath Arcane 2…that would suggest to me that there are quite a few additional accounts like the ones @Chatterofforums highlighted in the lower levels of GC as well. It’s implausible more than a few these 200-600K accounts (if any) climbed over 2-3 million rated accounts to get where they are in GC.

The arguments defending this have shifted so much…first it was about fairness for the small accounts, then it was about how small accounts can “outskill” big accounts and deserve rewards, and now it pivots to suggest small accounts may have climbed by nefarious means.

Baloney.

Thanks @Chatterofforums. I’ve been operating under the assumption BGs were a competition. Perhaps they are for some of us. For others, they look more like a handout.

Dr. Zola
    You can't see any below Arcane 2 because only that many accounts have made it to GC so far.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

I'm on the fence. I get 'making it fair' for lower accounts but like, shouldn't we at higher levels at least start on the gladiator track or something? We are all way more experienced so fights will be harder. Plus our rosters are all equally difficult. Just seems crazy that we are all competing for the same rewards. At my level it always comes down to luck and about 300 pts in either direction. Just not fun to lose OR win like that. It means we both deserved to win. And one got scrawed.

Since GC grants 10k rewards just for being there, if high accounts automatically start there it would also be unfair. Lower accounts would complain that Paragon's don't have to go through the VT grind.

Current BG is pretty messed up in terms of fairness, so lots of things have to be changed and not just solely a single thing.

If they got rid of 10k just for entering GC and instead requiring a certain number of wins to activate this reward (such as 5 total wins, not in a row but total), then that might be less unfair but it would still be unfair.

A potential option could be having qualifying players be able to opt in to either (1) Start in Bronze and grind as normal to get the standard rewards, or (2) opt to start in GC and give up on some of the rewards that they might have earned. That would still not be entirely fair, but it would allow some players to bypass the frustration they feel by this mode.

• Options
    DrZola said:

Kappa2g said:

Do you know how many of those are there from nefarious means? I think it's a bit of a jump to blame the Matchmaking for everything you see.

Oh great, so we have BOTH a matchmaking and modding problem then
    I would be cautious about assuming that most of those accounts or even some of them are using “nefarious means.” It isn’t appropriate to make cheating allegations on forums and I don’t think OP has any way of knowing any more than you or I do about their legitimacy.

Dr. Zola
    I didn't assume anything, and people are failing to twist my words. I said we don't know. The opposite of assuming, actually.
  • Options
    I'm not making any such assertion. I'm saying, if you're going to provide evidence to support your case, you need to account for the possibility that some of those Accounts may be modding. Considering it's been a consistent issue since the inception of BGs, that's not unreasonable to consider.
    What you keep doing is comparing the size of all the Accounts to your own, as if the Leaderboard is supposed to line up from biggest to smallest, and that's not the way it works. People reach the GC by winning consecutive Matches. They don't get defaulted to it because they're bigger than other Accounts.
    If you belong there, earn your way up. That's all I can say. Posting about it over and over because you're personally offended by their progress is just redundant. We've talked about it for weeks.
    Also, if you consider skill to consist of only taking out Accounts much smaller than your own, then you don't want a fair competition. You want a default system. That's not what I want. I want a competition that awards performance. Not a junk measuring contest.