**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

8.2 ?

When does 8.2 come out? I remember seeing a link on the forum and the exact release date, but I can't find it anywhere.

Regarding the rewards

Could it be that the mityc title will return?
Other than that, I have a feeling they'll give us another R5 Ascension gem.

What does the rest think?

Comments

• Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45
    There has been no 8.2 release date mentioned, only speculation.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    There has yet to be an announced release date. I would expect at this point that it will release in April. Since story content releases 2 weeks after an event launch, April 19 would be my expected date. The problem with this is there was good reason to believe that it would release in March but that seems almost entirely unlikely at this point (though still possible). We won’t know until Kabam specifically announces it.
    They got rid of the story content legend/mythic titles awhile ago and I would highly, highly doubt they bring them back anytime soon without having in place a proper way to detect and remove modders from the game.
    Also, ascension and R5 gems are different things. We don’t actually know what ascension is yet, only that it is supposed to keep 6* effective in the game longer into the life of 7* champs than 5* were at the release of 6*.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Mauu said:

When does 8.2 come out? I remember seeing a link on the forum and the exact release date, but I can't find it anywhere.

Regarding the rewards

Could it be that the mityc title will return?
    Other than that, I have a feeling they'll give us another R5 Ascension gem.

What does the rest think?

you are in the wrong universe bruh.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    8.3?
  • Options
    MauuMauu Posts: 33

There has yet to be an announced release date. I would expect at this point that it will release in April. Since story content releases 2 weeks after an event launch, April 19 would be my expected date. The problem with this is there was good reason to believe that it would release in March but that seems almost entirely unlikely at this point (though still possible). We won’t know until Kabam specifically announces it.
    They got rid of the story content legend/mythic titles awhile ago and I would highly, highly doubt they bring them back anytime soon without having in place a proper way to detect and remove modders from the game.
    Also, ascension and R5 gems are different things. We don’t actually know what ascension is yet, only that it is supposed to keep 6* effective in the game longer into the life of 7* champs than 5* were at the release of 6*.

Gem R4 > R5 is the same as ascension. I think they will give it, because they already gave one. And I think that only this year is the last of the 6*, next year 2024 they will launch the 7*, that's why they give away rank 5 gems to promote easier characters, as they did a while ago with respect to the R3. And regarding the title, how they are giving away the legend title, two titles in the spring calendar, and on top of that they give away 2 more titles in the X-Men event, plus the Incursions titles. I assumed that the mitic title could return, since Kabam is giving away pure Titles. And the date, I had read something that could arrive in April 8.2 Sorry for using translator
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Mauu said:

Gem R4 > R5 is the same as ascension. I think they will give it, because they already gave one. And I think that only this year is the last of the 6*, next year 2024 they will launch the 7*, that's why they give away rank 5 gems to promote easier characters, as they did a while ago with respect to the R3. And regarding the title, how they are giving away the legend title, two titles in the spring calendar, and on top of that they give away 2 more titles in the X-Men event, plus the Incursions titles. I assumed that the mitic title could return, since Kabam is giving away pure Titles. And the date, I had read something that could arrive in April 8.2 Sorry for using translator
    For the sake of the language barrier, yes, ranking up a character is a form of ascension as you are ascending them to a higher rank. However it is not the same as what Kabam is calling “Ascension”, which will be a product of the game that develops 6* characters beyond their max rank capabilities so that they can continue to be useful further into the life of 7* champions. If it were the same as rank up gems (or as you are saying R4>R5) then it would’ve existed as early as 4* champs. Ascension as Kabam is using and communicating it is new language in the game referring to a new aspect of the game that we don’t have any information on yet.
    Also, yes, there’s a chance we get another R4>R5 gem for 100% 8.2.
  • Options
    ZAKKY1ZAKKY1 Posts: 17
    More information about 8.2 will be made available soon(ish)!

We have plans to do a launch-day live-stream to discuss the creation of story content, past, present and future!

^ this is a direct comment from Kabam Jax on a post I made about 8.2 release date last month
  • Options
    ZAKKY1 said:

We have plans to do a launch-day live-stream to discuss the creation of story content, past, present and future!

^ this is a direct comment from Kabam Jax on a post I made about 8.2 release date last month

If I think it will be April, I have no doubt. I don't think they will make us wait until July or August since we are in March 2023.
  • Options
    ZAKKY1ZAKKY1 Posts: 17
    Mauu said:

ZAKKY1 said:

If I think it will be April, I have no doubt. I don't think they will make us wait until July or August since we are in March 2023.
    This was also on the same post. If this is anything to go by

https://bit.ly/MCOC_Release_Dates
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    I predict kabam isn't releasing it until 7*s are in the game which is why it appears that it is taking longer for them to release 8.2.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    ZAKKY1 said:

This was also on the same post. If this is anything to go by

https://bit.ly/MCOC_Release_Dates

I make and keep that link up-to-date. The Wednesday, March 22nd date is just my speculation - based on Jax comment of coming soon(ish) & others reporting leaks of 8.2 boss champ. Could be March, could be April, could be even later. Act content has always been released 2 weeks after monthly EQ (I don't expect this to change but Kabam can do whatever they want), so we should know soon enough if it's coming in March or not.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Act content is released about 6 months apart from the last, so like the above comment said, probably late march, mid april. Won't get any notes until days before to lessen the amount of people complaining about how bad the rewards are compared to the "difficulty:
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I predict kabam isn't releasing it until 7*s are in the game which is why it appears that it is taking longer for them to release 8.2.

I don't think that happens.
    If they introduce the 7* along with act 8.2 it would be pointless, and our 6* R5 champions would be nothing. Remember once 8.2 8.3 8.4 is finished, after that the 7* characters will enter, I see it as more logical. Since act 9 for my speculation will be played with 7* for the amount of life of the opponents.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Mauu said:

Pikolu said:

I don't think that happens.
    If they introduce the 7* along with act 8.2 it would be pointless, and our 6* R5 champions would be nothing. Remember once 8.2 8.3 8.4 is finished, after that the 7* characters will enter, I see it as more logical. Since act 9 for my speculation will be played with 7* for the amount of life of the opponents.
    7*s are coming spring 2023 whether we like it or not. Kabam has sped up the progression of the game big time. We shouldn't have seen any r5 6*s until about when 8.4 would have come out, and here we are.

Also I do want to point out that it took about 2-3 years after 6*s came out before they were meta dominant because a lot of champions rely on their sig ability. The reason why I could foresee 7*s becoming meta dominant faster than that is their current combat power rate. If a r1 7* has the same power rate as r5s in the game, then they'll outshine their r4 6* counterparts if they don't need to be awakened.

I am interested in seeing how kabam gets ascension to work because ascension is to somehow extend the lifetime of 6* champions in a game that is switching to the next step of progression.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I don't know why, but it may be in April 👀