**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will a 6* Magik and a 6* Quake really destroy this game?

ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
The title of the post.

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Nah, continues issues with the game. Adding more and more onto a broken base. Not being able to truly destroy cheating. Probably some other stuff. Will eventually destroy this game. Magik and Quake won`t. Since there are champs and nodes that counter them.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    I'll drop 200 sigs in magik instantly.
    If i get her, cant even pull a hype yet

Wolverine: I like to ignore his existence. Want diaper version more than the one with yellow Spandex.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

There was a time that Quake existed as 5* back when 5*s were the top rarity.
    The game didn’t broke.
    Was she very strong at the appropriate hands? Yes.
    Could she counter all nodes and content in the game? No.
    Kabam could always and can always make specific nodes at content that neutralize her, in order to stop her.
    As for Magik, it’s the same story as SW being too op if she was released as 5*.
    Magik as 6* wouldn’t make it even top5 in her class, let alone being a game breaker.
    Both 6* Wolverine and 6* Magik should have been added already.

Lmao you're not remembering correctly. Kabam was banning high level players just for using quake because to the game using quake at a high level literally looked like they were modding.

God damn true strike nodes literally everywhere. Every monthly event quest or boss rush, the most difficult fights had true strike on them. So many champions now use phasing, miss and evade, kabam having to add true strike to all their most difficult content just to stop quake cheese I would consider meta breaking.

Could she counter all nodes and content in the game? I mean she gets pretty close. There definitely isn't any champion that takes as many nodes and match ups she does without taking much damage at all. Even hercules whom I have at rank 4 and just smashed room 25 with has more weaknesses than her
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

I have pretty much all the top mystic champs as a 6*, from Doom to Rintrah to Diablo to Absorbing Man to Hood to Switch, Dragon Man, Tigra, and all the Supremes. The day they release Magik as a 6* I'm chasing her down, awakening her, ranking her to 4/55, and taking her directly to sig 200 before the crystal has a chance to stop spinning.

Bro same. Totally not biased or anything.

glances at pfp
  • noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

Kabam could always and can always make specific nodes at content that neutralize her, in order to stop her.

That's true, but there's only two ways to do that, both unpalaatable. First, they can just literally make nodes that target Quake specifically. But that's just banning Quake without actually banning Quake. You'd be letting players get Quake, then prevent them from using Quake. That's worse than just not allowing people to get here. Second, they can add problematic nodes that counter Quake in various ways, but those will always have collateral side effects. In trying to counter Quake in every piece of difficult content, they will be causing specific problems for other champions as well, many of which are not as powerful as Quake and wouldn't deserve that extra punishing effects, but would be getting them just to make things difficult for Quake.

Why do all that when you can simply put her at the end of the list of champs entering the rarity? Something has to be last. Why should it be something harmless, when it can be the thing that will cause the most problems? Why do a thing that will cause problems, when the alternative is to just not do that thing?
    Greekhit said:

Magik as 6* wouldn’t make it even top5 in her class, let alone being a game breaker.

I have pretty much all the top mystic champs as a 6*, from Doom to Rintrah to Diablo to Absorbing Man to Hood to Switch, Dragon Man, Tigra, and all the Supremes. The day they release Magik as a 6* I'm chasing her down, awakening her, ranking her to 4/55, and taking her directly to sig 200 before the crystal has a chance to stop spinning.
    They have clearly done this treatment to mystic class, with designing champions and nodes that counter doom.

Quake and Magik
    are slow attackes they will be fine as 6stars. Anyway most of the players dont use them as 5 stars in general so 6 stars versions will become a choice if somebody have patience and skills for long duration fights.

After very long time we finally got a chance to use quake in TBEQ. I dont remember when she was relevant in recent content before this.
    Plus if they want to counter quake they can just add true strike node and she has lost her entire playstyle.

Also We already have Valkyrie, Doom, Claire and Herc who are way stronger of characters than Quake, Wolvie or Magik.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    actually when quake was a 5 star at the top of the game... it did break the game. It broke it so hard that AQ nodes all had to be redone, a dozen "anti-quake" champs were released, and even little things like "fight time being tie breaker" (at least in AQ) partially relate to making sure people can't just quake things.

It broke it so hard, that players were banned for using her and had to fight for weeks to prove they weren't cheating / doing things within T&C, just "unintended".

The right answer is... slightly tune quake down (e.g. have a timeout / cap on how much you can quake) and it would be fine... and she could easily be released. Her ability takes 3 seconds to cool down... no problem 6 star. She only can use her ability 8 times in a fight... no problem, release her. You can only use her ability 5 times, then goes on 20 second cool down... no problem, release her.

but as is... if that's what you enjoy... there are other games like dodgeball you can play.
  • noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★

actually when quake was a 5 star at the top of the game... it did break the game. It broke it so hard that AQ nodes all had to be redone, a dozen "anti-quake" champs were released, and even little things like "fight time being tie breaker" (at least in AQ) partially relate to making sure people can't just quake things.

It broke it so hard, that players were banned for using her and had to fight for weeks to prove they weren't cheating / doing things within T&C, just "unintended".

The right answer is... slightly tune quake down (e.g. have a timeout / cap on how much you can quake) and it would be fine... and she could easily be released. Her ability takes 3 seconds to cool down... no problem 6 star. She only can use her ability 8 times in a fight... no problem, release her. You can only use her ability 5 times, then goes on 20 second cool down... no problem, release her.

but as is... if that's what you enjoy... there are other games like dodgeball you can play.

Adjusting quake and adding cooldowns removes the entire point of using quake.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,654 Guardian
    noclutch said:

Adjusting quake and adding cooldowns removes the entire point of using quake.
    Agreed, I'd rather leave quake as is as a 5* instead of nerfing her so she could be a 6*
  • Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    A bit away from the context. But, can someone please tell me, why the OG Wolverine is such a huge rager for 6 star? Does he have crazy bleed and regen (i really don't remember)? But, isn't he outdated too?
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

That's true, but there's only two ways to do that, both unpalaatable. First, they can just literally make nodes that target Quake specifically. But that's just banning Quake without actually banning Quake. You'd be letting players get Quake, then prevent them from using Quake. That's worse than just not allowing people to get here. Second, they can add problematic nodes that counter Quake in various ways, but those will always have collateral side effects. In trying to counter Quake in every piece of difficult content, they will be causing specific problems for other champions as well, many of which are not as powerful as Quake and wouldn't deserve that extra punishing effects, but would be getting them just to make things difficult for Quake.

Why do all that when you can simply put her at the end of the list of champs entering the rarity? Something has to be last. Why should it be something harmless, when it can be the thing that will cause the most problems? Why do a thing that will cause problems, when the alternative is to just not do that thing?
    Greekhit said:

They have clearly done this treatment to mystic class, with designing champions and nodes that counter doom.

Quake and Magik
    are slow attackes they will be fine as 6stars. Anyway most of the players dont use them as 5 stars in general so 6 stars versions will become a choice if somebody have patience and skills for long duration fights.

After very long time we finally got a chance to use quake in TBEQ. I dont remember when she was relevant in recent content before this.
    Plus if they want to counter quake they can just add true strike node and she has lost her entire playstyle.

Also We already have Valkyrie, Doom, Claire and Herc who are way stronger of characters than Quake, Wolvie or Magik.
    Yes they could design more nodes that directly target Quake, but like DNA3000 said, what's the point of releasing her in the first place? "Here you can have this champion you've wanted for a really long time but I will add nodes that will stop you from from using said champion in relevant content."

Magik and Quake are slow attackers because the maximum rarity at which they are available is 5*. With the damage increase of a 6* R4 they would not be that slow anymore. Also, simply adding True Strike to every fight is not gonna solve the problem. You do that and stop Quake from breaking the game, but now you have also made other champions like Mr Negative a lot more difficult to play, as well as messing with other champions with a very useful evade abilities like Valkyrie and Spider-Ham to name a few.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    You wanna know how to fix magik and get her out as a 6-star? Add five words to her kit: “scales with base attack only.”

If there’s a way to make that apply only for the 6-star, that’d be best. A 6r5 Magik would do about 500 per tick in limbo damage. The 5-star does 290 or so.