**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds, where is the fun?

Logan00Logan00 Posts: 566 ★★★
Really, I can not see the fun part in this game mode anymore, i win one loose 3, I win one loose 1 etc. 3 days playing stuck in platinum and can not progress further any further, is like being in a never ending loop, is either bugs, or the cheaters , or the input issues or the matching system. I have reached gladiator circuit in all the previous seasons except this one that I stop playing now, what a waste of time.

Comments

• Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 159
    Wait til u get to diamond and get stuck there because u constantly play these battles. Or ur fights just lose as soon as they start.

• Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    I enjoy battlegrounds. But, recently the issues have been compounding way too much.
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 211 ★★
    edited March 2023
    I don’t see any problem in your case. If you are able to reach platinum in a week, you should be able to reach vibranium in 2 week. There is no need to do it as fast as you can. Probably, if you do 3-5 fights per day it would be way more enjoyable than speedrun. Personally, I reached GC several times in last week and got misterium at the end of the season. Just chilling.
  • KeltanKeltan Posts: 467 ★★
    I personally do it for the 600 token. Just 3 fight that's it..
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    This is always how I saw battlegrounds. Great rewards so everyone flocks to it, but then modders, difficulty in progression, and the enormous time commitment were always going to drag it down. Honestly it’s how a PvP mode works in any game.
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 63
    Logan00 said:

Really, I can not see the fun part in this game mode anymore, i win one loose 3, I win one loose 1 etc. 3 days playing stuck in platinum and can not progress further any further, is like being in a never ending loop, is either bugs, or the cheaters , or the input issues or the matching system. I have reached gladiator circuit in all the previous seasons except this one that I stop playing now, what a waste of time.

Dude there is only pain
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 63
    Logan00 said:

Kabam and fun...
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It’s like they took MCOC and turned 80% of it into a fantasy football draft. Input issues are when your star running back tears his ACL in a preseason game. The no points bug is when your opponent plays his backup tight end and he gets two touchdowns.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★

Op, you are complaining about the matching system, but based on your post history it appears your roster is still not very strong compared to many which means the matchmaking system is what got you to platinum. Meanwhile there are players like me with 17k prestige still in bronze.

I would love to know your prestige or maybe see your roster op but since just two months ago you were working on your 2nd r4, it pretty clearly matchmaking has been extremely favorable to you.

Wow...somebody completely missed the point of this discussion.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    I always give it the old "college try"..thinking I can move up tiers like I used to. But after I win two then lose 2 or more, I get exhausted and remember why I want to quit playing the mode.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    edited March 2023
    Yeah, Battlegrounds is not fun. I have a decent account - 3.8 million with 9 6* rank 4. Because I get matched with someone with a similar account, I cannot always win consecutively. If Battlegrounds is truly a competitive mode, matches should be completely random. I would get matched with stronger accounts and lose. But as those accounts move up, I should get matched with weaker accounts and should be able to climb up more easily after a while. But I just moved out of Bronze III. :D I only do enough for 48 hour objectives, so I do not do many matches, though. If you are in Platinum,, I think you are doing well.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Op, you are complaining about the matching system, but based on your post history it appears your roster is still not very strong compared to many which means the matchmaking system is what got you to platinum. Meanwhile there are players like me with 17k prestige still in bronze.

I would love to know your prestige or maybe see your roster op but since just two months ago you were working on your 2nd r4, it pretty clearly matchmaking has been extremely favorable to you.

There’s a 300 prestige difference between our accounts (both 16k+) and I’ve had no issues progressing.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    I think they are fun. I actually enjoy climbing through VT. Once I get to GC, I basically just do it for the milestones every 48 hours. Sometimes I beat stronger accounts. Sometimes I lose to weaker accounts. Nature of the beast.
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    I’ve given up on BG’s and recently built a deck of meme-tier 3*’s, like Kamala Khan, Joe Fixit, and Diablo, with my Summoned Symbiote and 4* trophy champs at the top.

Everyone I matched up with had 5-6*’s and destroyed my poor chumps within 12 seconds…And it was kinda fun.

It was funny to see my opponents taking their time selecting their champs when it didn’t even matter. I wasn’t playing to win, just testing my skill against impossible odds. It actually felt a bit satisfying when I nearly beat a 6* Bishop with my Summoned Symbiote.

I played three quick matches within a few minutes, got my 600 Trophy Tokens, walked away with no hard feelings, and it was actually the most positive experience I’ve had with this mode to date.

Now I want to rank up my 4* Punisher, Thanos, Unstoppable Colossus, Goldpool, Sigil Scarlet Witch, and Immortal Iron Fist for fun, heheh.

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

FiiNCH said:

There’s a 300 prestige difference between our accounts (both 16k+) and I’ve had no issues progressing.
    But you understand that people who lost to you were 16+ either and they didn’t progress right?
    I’m not going to dive again into the matchmaking system discussion (which is totally flawed as it is), but I’m going to say that the “zero sum” game that VT is for most people at the moment ain’t fun at all.
    @FiiNCH I know you are a high end skilled player, and of course players like you advance easier, but there is the need for mid skilled players to have an incentive to play BGs, other than the 48hrs objectives, in order for them to keep participating and play the “losers” role for players like you.
    Otherwise you will soon find yourself fighting only the high skilled players (as the mid will gradually quit), and it will be much harder to advance to GC even for you then.
    VT needs restructuring, I hope Kabam implement the changes soon, and don’t let BGs participation fall more than it has already fallen.
    Don’t disagree with any of your comment @Greekhit, and I didn’t comment trying to flex (not my style).

Yes the matchmaking is flawed and yes the design isn’t good, I’ve been vocal to Kabam on these points. That said, I’m tired of seeing people belittle smaller accounts whilst telling everyone how big their own account is..
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    Putting matchmaking issues aside, I have found BG to be less fun because of how repetitive it has become.

The reset each season means that you are going through exactly the same motions to get from Bronze - Silver... and GC. Even if you have a 100% win rate, that is still 2-5 fights each tier. If people are closer to a 50% win rate, then it is double, triple, quadruple, or even more number of fights each tier. Sure, the rewards are worth it, but it just gets repetitive season to season.

The 'fun' competition aspect disappears after the first few days as the dominant strategies develop. Selecting Human Torch or facing a Kingpin becomes extremely rote. Even with the RNG of drafting, I begin to face the same defenders each match. This is less of a problem once you get to GC, as the nodes change weekly. But you have to get through the slog of VT just to get to the 'fun competition' (I guess I can't put matchmaking issues aside entirely). It feels more like doing Arena fights against the same Kang/Thanos teams over and over.

Again, I want to reiterate that the rewards can be well worth the work. And fun is entirely subjective. But for me personally, BG as a whole is less engaging to me.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Logan00 said:

I’m with you. Battlegrounds was once my very favorite part of the game. Now I don’t even want to do the participation rewards. Truly sad how much steam that game mode has lost.