**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Post-Update Discussion re: Apothecary/Consumable Economy

14567810Β»

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,565 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

So this thread went to second page...
    Nothing to comment, just a daily read.

Given the amount of activity the other one had in comparison, I'd be inclined to say a lot if people already threw in the towel after the last one πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ even the revised post doesn't have as many reactions to it, though most are disagrees again. I don't think anything else will change now and the activity of this post will tell kabam they've done enough when they haven't.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 β˜…β˜…

Probably been said already but instead of a Level 2 revive in solo events, make it two Level 1s. I’d rather revive twice than once. Just my opinion.

This defeats the entire purpose of why they made it an L2 though. It's not an L2 purely because it revives for more, it's an L2 because it doesn't compete with inventory space of an L1. Plus, a lot of people have already said they're happy about an L2 because it's better for basically any champ that isn't herc.
    Whether it’s Herc or not, I’d rather revive twice than once.
    Again, main point was not to compete with inventory space with the L1 revives from the daily farm. What is difficult to grasp about this?

It has nothing to do with Herc and I probably shouldn't have mentioned that in the first place so people could conveniently ignore the other part of what I said.
    I get that point as well but even if it takes up extra space, I’d rather have two instead of one. Not trying to conveniently ignore any part of your argument.
    Most people aren't in the same boat as you for the reason people generally farm revives, end game content. They want to be able to stack as many revives as they can, not get as many revives as they can in a short time. Less inventory space being taken up equates to be able to stack more in total for when you're using them for end game content.

Plus, I simply think a lot of people disagree with you in that they'd rather revive at 40% health once instead of 20% health twice (again, unless herc is a factor). When you're playing skillfully, the majority of damage you're taking is into block. 20% additional health will equate to a lot of extra blocks you're able to take.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 β˜…β˜…
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,
    As Miike mentioned, because the last thread got cluttered, we wanted to provide you a new space to discuss the most recent changes announced in this followup post!

Took you long enough but I appreciate the post. Explains your way of thinking pretty well and despite not agreeing with some parts, I can get behind that.

The amount of revives that can be gained from this seems fair... Or it would if the inputs worked well and the AI was not of the kind currently looking for Sarah Connor. Those issues are mentioned all the time and the latter one is still not even addressed. With all that has been happening recently, now would be a good time.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Looks like Apothecary showed up in my Daily Quest, without any official announcement in game or in-game mail.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,699 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Has anyone tried 3.2.6 to see what the drop rates look like now?
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,333 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It definitely isn't as great as revive farming, but at least we are getting received daily so that we can gather a bunch of items for 8.2 before it's release
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,251 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Has anyone tried 3.2.6 to see what the drop rates look like now?

Last 3 runs got me nothing. But that could also be rng
  • Options
    In terms of Apothecary easy quest - is there any point in doing it?

L1/L2 HP are a joke, and a 1% chance for a revive means you're better off just entering the quest once to see if there is a revive and not doing it if there isn't each day.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,565 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    altavista said:

In terms of Apothecary easy quest - is there any point in doing it?

L1/L2 HP are a joke, and a 1% chance for a revive means you're better off just entering the quest once to see if there is a revive and not doing it if there isn't each day.

I may not be a fan of the rewards in this quest (they should be 2 guaranteed revives imo) but there is 1 level 1 revive guaranteed if you explore the hard difficulty, the % ones are just additional revives one can get if they're lucky
  • Options
    Looks like the L1 Revive limit has been increased to 20 now.
  • Options
    seanjohn7944seanjohn7944 Posts: 153 β˜…
    I have a suggestion, allow farming in 3.2.6, but place limit the amount of "free" revives that can be used in future content. Additionally add a new "unit only" revive resource that can only be purchased with units.

Just for example, if you release the next level Abyss and put a limit of 100 "free" revives that can be used. A player can attempt the content with "free" revives but once that limit is reached they will be forced to quit or use units for "unit only" revives. This will allow skill or using units to be the defining factor in completing content. This would also allow players to make multiple attempts within a more reasonable timeframe. Right now if I want to complete something like EOP with a stash of free revives, i need to wait 34 days between attempts.

Finally, this change would add a bit of fairness to the current situation, because there are a handful of players who were able to complete existing content with farmed revives, and a group of players that now need to complete that content without the benefit of farmed revives. You can limit future content without penalizing people who haven't completed current content.

I think this is a reasonable solution for the current situation.
  • Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152 β˜…
    It’s a little too late to make a suggestion. Revive farming as we know it is dead, I think. I haven’t seen any revives popping up in Act 3. I would love to know experience of others.

I wonder what is the best use of excess energy refills now. I used to farm revives after exploring monthly quests, but now that option is gone. I don’t want to use energy for daily catalyst quests (I think energy cost is too high). Running Apothecary over and over is probably not good use of energy unless revives spawn at decent rate.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Frankly, there just needs to be a guaranteed L1 in the easy difficulty and a guaranteed L2 in the harder one. In conjunction with every other change the damage starts to get mitigated a bit more.

This, of course, goes completely out the window if all Carina’s/Abyss Style content in the future isn’t HEAVILY tuned to note the almost impossible ask of many of the challenges. Something people tend to forget is that Everest content is the most susceptible to becoming dated. Story quests have MASSIVELY better ROI meaning that, by the time your roster would be in a place that you could tackle the challenges without a hundred revives, the rewards will have already been allocated in far easier pieces of content thus greatly reducing the appeal of the Everest content at all.

Kabam isn’t encouraging spending in the manner I think they meant to. No one β€œaspires” to do LOL these days. Most dont even care about abyss. They simply go β€œwell thats dumb” and move on through the easy story content. All that has happened is relegating players who would've taken on these challenges (spending free revives, units and possibly cash) to spending nothing at all. The whales will be unaffected, but the larger player-base is simply going to get bored waiting around for the story to progress.

With that in mind I have to ask: how is not more trivial to make content that most of the player base won’t touch at all?
  • Options
    MinsudoMinsudo Posts: 37 β˜…
    Thought the apothecary was gonna run 7 times a week? Mine didn't show up now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Minsudo said:

Starting May.
  • Options
    MinsudoMinsudo Posts: 37 β˜…

Minsudo said:

Starting May.
    Ah thanks. I should have read the update post more thoroughly.
  • Options
    leviddletonleviddleton Posts: 78 β˜…
    This apothecary, even after the May buff, is still an absolute dud.
    How is this even considered a great source of revives? Feels exactly as dull as auto fighting 3.2.6 but with less results. Even if it goes to 7 days a week, whoop-dee-do, I can’t shake that this is and will remain a long term L.
    Still has factors of RNG involved.
    Still can be bypassed with spending $$$.
    All they did was slow down how fast free to play and dolphin accounts can tackle end game content, or force them to spend. Peasant gates abound. (Hat tip to Seatin)

This was always mostly about money, no matter what Kabam posted.

And yes I waited to give the apothecary a chance to see how it would roll out in game before posting this.

Good luck everyone!