**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Post-Update Discussion re: Apothecary/Consumable Economy

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Yeah but if they see that their profit doesnt come really from X content but from other soureces, they will stop doing that content, since it takes a lot of time and money to do
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,373 ★★★★★
    It's really deeper than that. Having a supply of Revs like that means any content they release is really just inconsequential. That's dangerous beyond the money associated with Rev sales.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Jefechuta said:

Yeah but if they see that their profit doesnt come really from X content but from other soureces, they will stop doing that content, since it takes a lot of time and money to do

I agree, though I think that would be an incredibly short sighted decision.

If I saw that a game I play and spend regularly on was ending development of story and whale content, my first assumption would be that they’re scaling back ready to end support of the game, therefore I’d have even less of a reason to buy offers/pay for revives.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam was comprehensive and made changes so the nerf is not that huge, now is time for the players to be comprehensive and understand that more than this is more than needed.

No, they promised to make changes after they get their way. Hard to trust a company that had to be persuaded to get tough on cheaters, still hasn’t done anything to account for player fist due inputs, and still haven’t delivered in things like “help all” and “wish crystals”.

It’s not a compromise unless they delay the changes to be implemented with the pro-player changes.

Also vague promises to look at the potion economy isn’t enough. More detail is needed to give us an idea about why this might take 6 months?

Are they going to slightly increase potions spawning in end game areas? Are they going to just address values? It’s just a vague, “we heard you and agree, it’s been neglected”
    Increasing cap to 20 and making 22H Revives to Lvl 2 is pretty decent change from where we were, and its enough to do the content, and you will have to use less pots if you use lvl 2 revives.

Asking for more when they explained everything pretty well I think is too greedy.

Wish Crystals are worse than actual Dual crystals since you can target champs more specifically, they already explained it.

And I think they dont have to explain anything else, why it takes 6 months? Becuase it takes 6 months. The end.

They have more things to care about right now, so It will take more time than it can because they are not investing all their resources into that.

The fact that they dont delay that its because it is necessary for them to remove revive farming now.

Players complain too much for everything, looks like everybody prefers content to not be released instead of getting revive farming reworked.
    I didn’t state that it wasn’t fair. I said their timeline is not a compromise, because it isn’t. They took 9 days to come back and basically say “too bad soo sad we are doing this when we want”. But then said here’s some carrots if you guys stick around like good little lambs because we promise that pro player changes are coming.

My premise is that’s bull ****. And they wasted 9 days where this change could have been put on pause or delayed until the other elements were ready as well. That simple
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam was comprehensive and made changes so the nerf is not that huge, now is time for the players to be comprehensive and understand that more than this is more than needed.

No, they promised to make changes after they get their way. Hard to trust a company that had to be persuaded to get tough on cheaters, still hasn’t done anything to account for player fist due inputs, and still haven’t delivered in things like “help all” and “wish crystals”.

It’s not a compromise unless they delay the changes to be implemented with the pro-player changes.

Also vague promises to look at the potion economy isn’t enough. More detail is needed to give us an idea about why this might take 6 months?

Are they going to slightly increase potions spawning in end game areas? Are they going to just address values? It’s just a vague, “we heard you and agree, it’s been neglected”
    Increasing cap to 20 and making 22H Revives to Lvl 2 is pretty decent change from where we were, and its enough to do the content, and you will have to use less pots if you use lvl 2 revives.

Asking for more when they explained everything pretty well I think is too greedy.

Wish Crystals are worse than actual Dual crystals since you can target champs more specifically, they already explained it.

And I think they dont have to explain anything else, why it takes 6 months? Becuase it takes 6 months. The end.

They have more things to care about right now, so It will take more time than it can because they are not investing all their resources into that.

The fact that they dont delay that its because it is necessary for them to remove revive farming now.

Players complain too much for everything, looks like everybody prefers content to not be released instead of getting revive farming reworked.
    I didn’t state that it wasn’t fair. I said their timeline is not a compromise, because it isn’t. They took 9 days to come back and basically say “too bad soo sad we are doing this when we want”. But then said here’s some carrots if you guys stick around like good little lambs because we promise that pro player changes are coming.

My premise is that’s bull ****. And they wasted 9 days where this change could have been put on pause or delayed until the other elements were ready as well. That simple
    Yeah but this change was going to be implemented, no matter what, because it was needed for their dev projects, I think that we are going to have this new changes they announced is enough, it could be better? yeah, but now is when we have to be comprehensive aswell
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Yeah but this change was going to be implemented, no matter what, because it was needed for their dev projects, I think that we are going to have this new changes they announced is enough, it could be better? yeah, but now is when we have to be comprehensive aswell
    I think this change without the others at the same time is nonsense. They coulda delayed this a month. It wouldn’t have broken anything more than 8.1 and EoP, so the content argument holds 0 water as to why this has to happen first. They decided not too and too delay any communication so they could be like, “oops did I do that”. It’s lame, irmta disingenuous and it’s the track record they’ve cemented with this move.
  • Options
    G_S_HG_S_H Posts: 76
    Main thing with this that I have a problem with is that its just another boooorrrrring and mindless thing to do in the game, seems like all the ways to get revives or units are so sleeper to play. I have an idea that Ill make a post on for an new mode that would actually be so much better
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

I think this change without the others at the same time is nonsense. They coulda delayed this a month. It wouldn’t have broken anything more than 8.1 and EoP, so the content argument holds 0 water as to why this has to happen first. They decided not too and too delay any communication so they could be like, “oops did I do that”. It’s lame, irmta disingenuous and it’s the track record they’ve cemented with this move.
    They are going to include 8.2 later this month, I guess they didnt want people to go through 8.2 revive farming aswell, and It was easier to delay this New changes than delaying both 8.2 and Revive Farming changes, I think this is the main reason
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

If you truly believe it could be better then why are you rolling over? At the end of the day this company needs us more than we need them. If everyone who thinks "it could be better but it's better than nothing so we will accept" sticks with that then it's a win for kabam and nothing else will change. If you still aren't happy then say so this game cannot operate without us the players, we don't need them. Rather infuriating that people are rolling over despite it being a negligible increase from the original nerf
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

They are going to include 8.2 later this month, I guess they didnt want people to go through 8.2 revive farming aswell, and It was easier to delay this New changes than delaying both 8.2 and Revive Farming changes, I think this is the main reason
    That’s a poor reason, and we should tell them so. Again they put out EoP with a choice node… and the revive farm open. Can’t get worse than that.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

If you truly believe it could be better then why are you rolling over? At the end of the day this company needs us more than we need them. If everyone who thinks "it could be better but it's better than nothing so we will accept" sticks with that then it's a win for kabam and nothing else will change. If you still aren't happy then say so this game cannot operate without us the players, we don't need them. Rather infuriating that people are rolling over despite it being a negligible increase from the original nerf
    Because I prefer to keep playing the game, if they do what its good for us but not for the game, the game will be closed in less than a year
  • Options
    I honestly don't know how people keep coming back with the money narrative when it's already been explained. It just goes to show that some people just have their minds made up no matter what they say.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Because I prefer to keep playing the game, if they do what its good for us but not for the game, the game will be closed in less than a year
    So if you said it could be better would it be fair to also say its not good enough? For you, the player
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I honestly don't know how people keep coming back with the money narrative when it's already been explained. It just goes to show that some people just have their minds made up no matter what they say.

Fr. It's like players are just now realizing that spenders had access to potentially infinite resources.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

So if you said it could be better would it be fair to also say its not good enough? For you, the player
    If making it better for us would make it worse for the game overall, I prefer what they bring instead of what we could want
  • Options

Hilarious how they set the apothecary at 5 days originally just to add 2 more later on and consider it generous. Also love how they used Jax to deliver the message thinking it would fall easier on us. This company is a joke and the quote “summoners simply spam revives” is a very unprofessional statement.

That's 8 more Revs a month, plus an upgrade to the Solo Events from L1 to L2, plus an increase in Inventory. It's an improvement when you look at the whole picture.
    No matter what they proposed, it wasn't going to look like 50 a day.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 487 ★★★

Hilarious how they set the apothecary at 5 days originally just to add 2 more later on and consider it generous. Also love how they used Jax to deliver the message thinking it would fall easier on us. This company is a joke and the quote “summoners simply spam revives” is a very unprofessional statement.

That's 8 more Revs a month, plus an upgrade to the Solo Events from L1 to L2, plus an increase in Inventory. It's an improvement when you look at the whole picture.
    I made 12 since I posted this so +8 a month isn’t appealing to me
  • Options

I made 12 since I posted this so +8 a month isn’t appealing to me
    That's precisely my point. You're not supposed to have a number that high in such a short amount of time. The expectation has been raised unreasonably.
  • Options
    IcebreakerIcebreaker Posts: 14
    I have a feeling this is just another thread that they’re just going to ignore till everyone forgets about it…
  • Options

I have a feeling this is just another thread that they’re just going to ignore till everyone forgets about it…

Literally they opened this post.
  • Options
    Didn’t they open the last one and completely ignore everything that was said?
  • Options

Didn’t they open the last one and completely ignore everything that was said?

Nop, and they dont have to do anything we ask or say, thats not their job, if they did so, the game would last 2 minutes.
  • Options
    Never said they did, but when they kill their game with greed I’ll be here to watch