Disappointing Buffs

MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Member Posts: 174 ★★
Not speaking on Spider-Man too much but I’ve heard a lot of negative not a good sign but quite a bit of buffs are either already outdated and/or just bad will they be getting buffed in the future I mean gamora is on her 89th buff a few champs that could use a tune up

Civil Warrior (Mid-Big Tune Up)
Yondu (he’s got garbage)
Daredevil HK (Mid-Big Tune Up)
Deadpool XF (Mid Tune Up)
Pyscho-Man (Steamy pile of you know what)
Punisher 2099 (Mid Tune Up)
War Machine (Big Tune Up)
Cable (Massive Tune Up)
Jane Foster (just bad tbh)
Probably missed a few

Comments

• LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Yeah, they’ve all been awful….
    Magneto (both)
    Kingpin
    Ultron
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    P2099 (is actually fantastic)
    XBones
    Angela
    Bishop
    Joe Fixit
    Storm
    Masacre
    Miles
    More I’m forgetting

They’ve all been awful.

Venompool
    Hulk

The list goes on
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Problem with the majority of this list, is that you’re comparing what those champs bring to the table against champs that are amazing and bring the same things. Just because a champ that does the same thing is better, doesn’t mean that “lesser” champ is bad. It’s not a binary Great or Bad situation. Some champs are fine in being just “good”.
  • MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Member Posts: 174 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Problem with the majority of this list, is that you’re comparing what those champs bring to the table against champs that are amazing and bring the same things. Just because a champ that does the same thing is better, doesn’t mean that “lesser” champ is bad. It’s not a binary Great or Bad situation. Some champs are fine in being just “good”.

Gorr, America Chavez, Torch, Guillotine, Nova?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Gorr, America Chavez, Torch, Guillotine, Nova?
    Those are champions, what’s your point? Mine is pretty clear. Most of the champions you listed are good. They’re not the best but they have their place and fill roster niches and do it well.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    I also agree .. Yondu is definitely slept on. i like him too.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    There will always be some champs or buffs that a small minority of the community will like, but it still doesn't mean that we can consider those some champs as good or successful buffs

IMO what determines good is whether a substantial majority finds some value in that champion....it doesn't have to be something great or top of the game, but something valuable that a large number of players can recognise & not just a very small minority

Swedeah loves Kamala Khan (though I don't see him using her anymore), F2P Loser loves Air Walker, Grass loves Betsy (she has some decent damage though), My alliance leader loves Annihilus (his first R5)
    And I'm pretty sure there are some people who like Psychoman

These are EXCEPTIONS, & opinions should not be formed on the basis of exceptions

Spidey has been made good enough for low tier progressing players (probably Cav & lower) but that's about it
    I don't see most people above Cav finding much value in him, and these days it doesn't take too long for a new player to become Cav.... probably about 6-8 months at max, but usually 3-4 months in most vases
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Member Posts: 186 ★★

Magneto (both)
    Kingpin
    Ultron
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    XBones
    Angela
    Bishop
    Joe Fixit
    Storm
    Masacre
    Miles
    More I’m forgetting

They’ve all been awful.

I'm sure he mainly speaking on the recent buffs, as most of your list came mid 2022 and prior. They have been kind of lackluster for a while. Back when they were buffing 2 every month, you can almost guarantee one of them would be OP/ top tier and 50/50 chance the other would be lower tier but serviceable. If say the best recent buff is juggernaut. Hulk is at least payable now. https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/champion-buff-schedule/
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    edited April 2023

The biggest letdown I've ever had in this game will always be daredevil buff

With DDHK, I've posted many possible fixes and alterations since the buff. The old spotlight thread is full of ideas from many players. Kabam have said that they are happy with where he is in the contest which implies a pecking order.

I almost wish when Kabam buff a champion they would explain a bit more their vision for the buff, where the champion then ends up in relation to other champions and why. It might help manage our expectations, or at least help us understand the mindset that went into the buff.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★

Not speaking on Spider-Man too much but I’ve heard a lot of negative not a good sign but quite a bit of buffs are either already outdated and/or just bad will they be getting buffed in the future I mean gamora is on her 89th buff a few champs that could use a tune up

Yondu (he’s got garbage)
    Cable (Massive Tune Up)
    Probably missed a few

All of these are better then what they used to be. They are better and are more useful compared to before, not all buffs needs to be groundbreaking.
  • pikapika Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2023
    Im sorry, but you guys sleeping on Jane Foster. She is amazing in BG/AW + the best champ for Arena (if you can parry of course).

10 matches in Season5 BG
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_sLJBZMRU

Alliance War Offseason vs Absorbing man node 23
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN7cD0LXxPY&t=30s

Season 4 BG;s Electric Meta
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODeo1qvn2dk

War Rintrah + Doom
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9N39YpIsoU&t=1s

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★

Yondu (he’s got garbage)
    Cable (Massive Tune Up)
    Probably missed a few

Well given that you've put one champion in this list who hasn't even had a buff (Cable), it seems redundant to point out your complete lack of understanding of just how useful War Machine, Punisher-2099 and Yondu are.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★

Magneto (both)
    Kingpin
    Ultron
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    XBones
    Angela
    Bishop
    Joe Fixit
    Storm
    Masacre
    Miles
    More I’m forgetting

They’ve all been awful.

When did I say all the buffs were bad it’s like you read the post with the intent to disagree the main point was to buff champs that do not hold up and P2099 is not fantastic you just know I’m right and don’t want to agree
    That wasn’t my intention at all. You listed champs whose buffs, in your opinion, are bad. I listed the ones that the majority of the community love. There have been approximately 50 buffs and the VAST majority of them are good to great. For every bad one, there are 3 good ones. If you expected every buff to be Mags or Kingpin level like many did, that’s on you. Temper your expectations buddy. And even on the list of your “bad” buffs, all of those champs are better or at the very least more useable than they were prior. Sounds like a win to me.

And P2099 is fantastic. If you don’t know how to properly play him, then that’s also on you. He is one my better battlegrounds attackers overall and quite solid on defense also. I’ve used him in AW and he does great. Is he going to take down Abyss or EOP fights? No, he isn’t, but how many champs actually can?

Yondu (he’s got garbage)
    Cable (Massive Tune Up)
    Probably missed a few

Well given that you've put one champion in this list who hasn't even had a buff (Cable), it seems redundant to point out your complete lack of understanding of just how useful War Machine, Punisher-2099 and Yondu are.
    Jinx0051 said:

Calling p2099 mid shows you have no idea what you're talking about

He is mid lmao tell me how many people you know use him not since a few days ago but since forever

Magneto (both)
    Kingpin
    Ultron
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    XBones
    Angela
    Bishop
    Joe Fixit
    Storm
    Masacre
    Miles
    More I’m forgetting

They’ve all been awful.

When did I say all the buffs were bad it’s like you read the post with the intent to disagree the main point was to buff champs that do not hold up and P2099 is not fantastic you just know I’m right and don’t want to agree
    That wasn’t my intention at all. You listed champs whose buffs, in your opinion, are bad. I listed the ones that the majority of the community love. There have been approximately 50 buffs and the VAST majority of them are good to great. For every bad one, there are 3 good ones. If you expected every buff to be Mags or Kingpin level like many did, that’s on you. Temper your expectations buddy. And even on the list of your “bad” buffs, all of those champs are better or at the very least more useable than they were prior. Sounds like a win to me.

And P2099 is fantastic. If you don’t know how to properly play him, then that’s also on you. He is one my better battlegrounds attackers overall and quite solid on defense also. I’ve used him in AW and he does great. Is he going to take down Abyss or EOP fights? No, he isn’t, but how many champs actually can?
    Yet again you’re putting words in my mouth I’m not going to read the rest of the post if it’s going down this spiral of you twisting my words to make it sound like I said every buff was bad it also seems like you glazing kabam like all their buffs perfect or something when the original post was buffs that do not hold up yet and on the P2099 thing why are you trying to make that a point to sell he sucks and that’s it idc what you think I have my opinion on him and you have yours
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    People are ganging up on you because you just said "Punisher 2099 and Yondu suck" and just refused to elaborate further. It's not helping your case and without a solid argument to defend your position people are going to assume you just don't know how to use those characters.

Personally, I don't use Yondu because I'm not a big fan of the character, but I've seen some player do really cool stuff with him so I would consider him a succesful buff. If I pulled P2099 I would take him straight to R3 and seriously consider R4. Not many champions can reduce combat power by 90% without doing anything. That's huge. On top of that he hits hard. So I'd say he's more than successful. War Machine is a successful buff imo. And once again, you didn't provide any reasoning why you think he sucks. It just gives us the impression that you don't know how to play him properly.

Ideally, every buffed champion should be really good. But we all know that's not gonna happen. It's fine if some buffed champions are not as good as others, but most of them have their place in the game. Has Kabam missed the mark with some buffs? Absolutely. Some of them you even wonder why they bothered. But I'd say that 60-70% out of all the champions that have been buffed are viable now. Which is great considering they were garbage before.
  • TripleBTripleB Member Posts: 259 ★★
    Did I miss Cable getting a buff? Are you saying he needs a massive tune up? Why list him on a list of champs who have been buffed? If you are listing champs who need a buff, why him? I could list 10 others that need it more than him. I have so many questions.
    TripleB said:

Did I miss Cable getting a buff? Are you saying he needs a massive tune up? Why list him on a list of champs who have been buffed? If you are listing champs who need a buff, why him? I could list 10 others that need it more than him. I have so many questions.

I just like cable
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★

Magneto (both)
    Kingpin
    Ultron
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    XBones
    Angela
    Bishop
    Joe Fixit
    Storm
    Masacre
    Miles
    More I’m forgetting

They’ve all been awful.

Yet again you’re putting words in my mouth I’m not going to read the rest of the post if it’s going down this spiral of you twisting my words to make it sound like I said every buff was bad it also seems like you glazing kabam like all their buffs perfect or something when the original post was buffs that do not hold up yet and on the P2099 thing why are you trying to make that a point to sell he sucks and that’s it idc what you think I have my opinion on him and you have yours
    I didn't put words in your mouth. You literally said these buffs are bad or outdated..... and then listed the "bad" ones in your opinion. I am not disagreeing with the fact that some of these buffs have been less than perfect. But everyone you listed is better than they were. Civil Warrior requires a weird playstyle that honestly doesn't pay off. But If I got him early in the game as one of 1st 4*, I'd be happy. Yondu is actually very good, but he isn't Nimrod and wasn't designed as such. DDHK is mid tier, but better. Psycho Man I 100% agree with. Cable didn't even get a buff.

Point is, you may not like these 7-8 buffs, but the vast majority of the community disagrees with you that they are bad. Some outdated already, sure, some less than good, sure, but not bad.