Spidey EOP without Spidey Supreme

AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
How hard is the Spidey EOP without Spidey Supreme (I’m planning on going right path btw). Would left path be better? I hate the dragon man fight with a passion so I’m trying to avoid that path.

Comments

• Kavya30Kavya30 Member Posts: 213 ★★★
    What team do you plan on taking with you?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,392 Guardian
    edited April 2023
    Left side is much easier because you can cheese 2 of those fights with Miles morales. On the right side you're going to have a really bad time with Ikarus and Peni parker
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Kavya30 said:

What team do you plan on taking with you?

Stark Spidey, Miles, and Spiderham/Spider Gwen/Stealthy. I don’t have 2099
    Pikolu said:

Left side is much easier because you can cheese 2 of those fights with Miles morales. On the right side you're going to have a really bad time with Ikarus and Peni parker

I’m assuming Modok and Blade are the fights. Who counters dragon man though, I really dread doing that without a good counter.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    The whole thing with spidey 2099 is that thanos is free. I suck at this game and I literally got a one-shot on thanos.

I did the challenge with a r4 2099, r3 miles and stealthy. Miles can still cheese Kraven. Scorpion can be killed without potions - two sp2, revive, repeat. Peni sucks regardless. I didn’t have gwen or mystic spidey.
    Ackbar67 said:

I just did left side a couple days ago with r4 Stark Spidey, r3 Miles, and r3 Spidey 2099, plus CGR for Herc, Havok, and Warlock. It cost me 43 revives in total, I would say I'm maybe a little above average skill, and I restarted until I got a good run against Herc.

Hercules: Used CGR, 1 revive (and many many restarts)
    Havok: CGR, 4 revives
    Warlock: CGR, 3 revives
    Nick Fury: Stark Spidey, 2 revives
    MODOK: Miles, 7 revives (that went terribly, it should have been less than 4)
    Blade: Miles, 0 revives
    Terrax: Stark Spidey, 4 revives
    Dragon Man: Spidey 2099, 10 revives
    Thanos: Spidey 2099, 11 revives

It's possible to solo all the fights, there's videos of all of them done well. It honestly wasn't too bad all things considered. Nick should have been one revive, but I forgot he had clapback before I threw a sp2 and destroyed myself. MODOK and Dragon Man should be cheaper than I did, but I choked hard on those fights. Dragon Man was probably the hardest for me, I had trouble surviving to a sp3 to get the slow up. Thanos really isn't that bad with Spidey 2099, once you get the sp2 wither up his power gain is reversed, and he gets way easier

I don’t have CGR either, so the first part of left path will be fairly difficult for me. Great summary though, much appreciated.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,130 ★★★★★
    Here's my write up on it without Spidey supreme. Pikolu (or maybe SlayinAlive) did it far better than I did. I'm very average, and even that may be generous.

Spiderverse Challenge: Herc [subbed for unduped r3 Spidey], r2 Miles, Spidey99 [for Thanos]
    Herc for the first 4 again.
    Kraven with Miles and Stealthy: I had to switch back and forth between them. I thought the fight would be easy, since Miles could go invisible on unblockable, but I kept getting trapped in his trap or rooted from staying far away. This would also mean I’d die before completing all of his missions [normally got one before dying]. For stealthy, I thought that if I applied the slow pre-fight, it would be easy once I knocked him down with a special. However, I had the same problem with his traps. Chavez I found easier because she had such wide range on her specials and my spideys didn’t to disarm the traps. This was another die and just take off chunks. 20 revives
    Scorpion with Stealthy: Pretty easy. I think I did two fights with the slow pre-fight to stop his evade, and two with the debuff that increases critical rating. 5 revives
    Ikaris with everyone: I tried everything with him. This was the worst. I couldn’t bait out his specials well, and I think I was only able to bait out 6 heavies for the entire run maybe. The strategy I went in with was get him to 5 energize buffs [more and his specials kill you unless you are a mystic], hit his block to get him to sp1, have him throw his sp1, dash back, hit with a heavy, repeat. It took forever, and I couldn’t do it consistently. So my strategy was rank up Stealth spidey to r4, intercept him with the a five hit combo that would apply the critical damage debuff, hit with another 5 hit combo, try to bait out a special 1, hit with my special one, then pin in the corner and attack until he killed me. If I was doing this fight again, I would bring Mystic Spidey and NOT Spidey99 or Miles [see Thanos note below as I know some may disagree]. 60 revives [and maybe more]

Peni with Miles and Stealth. I could get some missions complete with Peni, but I found Stealth Spidey just hit harder. So I applied the critical damage debuff, try to take down his shield, and once the shield was down, fire my sp1 to get the precision and fury going at the same time and just keep attacking until the shield came back up and I auto-block died. 9 revives
    Thanos with everyone: I tried everyone. I brought Spidey99 since many people said he cheeses the fight. What they forget is that I stink with dexing to keep his debuffs going AND you need to get to sp2 to get the whither [I think. I actually just r5 my 5* and max sigged him for this without trying him much. My bad]. I would die well before that. He did have great power control the two times I pulled it off, but I died before I could take any real benefit from it. Miles was good because in camo mode he could dodge some of the specials that I didn’t accurately dex. I used everyone to use up my team revives. I thought Stealthy would be great for the end phase as I could apply the slow debuff, but the slow debuff didn’t stop the unstoppable. He would come back from his sp3 with the slow debuff and unstoppable [probably me not understanding something] so I switched to the critical damage debuff. The rest is the same as the other Thanos notes.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

Pikolu said:

I’m assuming Modok and Blade are the fights. Who counters dragon man though, I really dread doing that without a good counter.

Spidey Gwen, Stealth Spidey are perfect counters for Dragon Man because of the slow they can dish out. But it's a doable fight even without them.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2023
    I’m in the same boat - no Spidey Supreme. I don’t have Spidey 2099, either. Since I’m familiar with the right side, I’m thinking about sticking with that side.

Is Spider Ham good for any fights - either side?
    edited April 2023

I’m in the same boat - no Spidey Supreme. I don’t have Spidey 2099, either. Since I’m familiar with the right side, I’m thinking about sticking with that side.

Spiderham is great for dormammu, he is decent for scorpion and Peni parker. He is also okay for Thanos.
    Thank you for all the tips everyone. I don’t have a good option for the 1st 4 fights on the left path so I think I’m going to use heavy only stealthy for the Icarus fight and hope it works out. Wish me luck!
  • TragicTragic Member Posts: 16
    Axew said:

Thank you for all the tips everyone. I don’t have a good option for the 1st 4 fights on the left path so I think I’m going to use heavy only stealthy for the Icarus fight and hope it works out. Wish me luck!

How did it go?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Member Posts: 1,379 ★★★★
    For me it was my easiest run. I went right with Spider-Gwen (6* R4), peni (6* R4) and my 5* s2099.I used Hercules to get to the swap out node and then replaced with my 2099.

Gwen took every fight from then on, the synergy with peni allows her to start fully ramped so she’s hitting hard immediately. She was extremely good for kraven and scorpion. The SP2 stun was giving me a safe heavy attack on kraven after the knockdown to remove the unstoppable and she was by far my heaviest hitter in any run, so the fights were much shorter on average.

Scorpion only took two revives too, just had to parry heavy to start and then keep throwing those SP2s for big damage.

Ikaris was a bit tricker because she’s not mystic. However, if you’re able to push him to the back wall and keep throwing your SP1, the enervate is a huge asset to her in that fight because you can keep him below a bar of power for a considerable amount of time. You just have to try and stop the AI from dashing from a distance to avoid mighty charge. Awkward at first. But did get better later on.

Peni is just bad on every run apart from galan. But Gwen with her high damage was at least able to break through the shield quickly and then land some decent damage on each run. One of the cheaper ones but close encounters will still get you a few times.

I brought 2099 specifically for thanos (he can reverse the power gain and leave him without abilities for most of the fight essentially), but then I went in first with Gwen and she wasn’t far off a solo herself. I messed up towards the end but she’s just as capable of getting a one shot in that fight too. Definitely my cheapest and most fun run at it.

With the left side being the way it is, I chose to do an extra run without the tags just to get the 100% completion. I feel like I saved myself some units/items doing it that way but I was low on options for the a force/mutants objectives.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    I took the right without a mystic spidey and the path wasn't all that bad tbh, Ikaris was definitely the "roadblock" but with some careful playstyle and patience it's doable with Miles. You just need to counter his heavy with yours and then counter his sp1 eith your heavy. Build him up to have 2 or 3 energise buffs then only M hit into his block to generate power for him. Rinse and repeat, if you do hit him with a M hit (as an intercept) then just make sure you don't use any L hits afterwards and get to that sp1 of yours as quick as possible.

I have a short video on how you want to do that fight using Miles if you have line?
    Mackey said:

I took the right without a mystic spidey and the path wasn't all that bad tbh, Ikaris was definitely the "roadblock" but with some careful playstyle and patience it's doable with Miles. You just need to counter his heavy with yours and then counter his sp1 eith your heavy. Build him up to have 2 or 3 energise buffs then only M hit into his block to generate power for him. Rinse and repeat, if you do hit him with a M hit (as an intercept) then just make sure you don't use any L hits afterwards and get to that sp1 of yours as quick as possible.

I have a short video on how you want to do that fight using Miles if you have line?

My team was Starky (r2) Miles (r3) and Spidey99 (r3).

Kraven - Miles, get him against his wall and he'll throw specials real quick so you can just punish with your heavy. Rinse and repeat. Easy solo.

Scorpion - Starky, build to 10 poise first then parry heavy all the way to sp3, take the damage from not using your sp3 like a true champ then just parry heavy all the way to death. 4 revives used here.

Ikaris - Miles, See above. This one was costly because it took me quite a few tried to get into the right rhythm. 15 revives for this one 😬

Peni - Starky, hit into shield as much as possible to drop it then push to sp2s, his evade mechanic will build up them poise pretty fast then just play aggressively to stay close to her. Used 7 revives here.

Thanos - Spidey99, easily soloable but I messed up a few times and used 5 revives.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2023
    Pikolu said:

Spiderham is great for dormammu, he is decent for scorpion and Peni parker. He is also okay for Thanos.
    Thank you for the reply. He is one of my two highest ranked Spidey heroes, so I was wondering I could bring him.
    Tragic said:

Axew said:

How did it go?
    I’m going to do it over the weekend, very busy atm. I’ll keep you posted when I do it though.

Mackey said:

Don’t have line but thanks for the offer. I think I understand the general strategy, I just have to try it out now
    @Axew if you want more clarity then go watch Lagacy video for the spidey challenge, that is what I imitated 👍
  • bumble-beebumble-bee Member Posts: 137 ★★
    How about 5* R5 Spidey Supreme with 6* R3 miles & S2099?
  • BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Member Posts: 97 ★★
    Post your ranked roster.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    All spiders were 6* r3

Update: I did it!

Took me 30 revives + a team revive and tons of potions. Used starky, miles, and Spiderham. Surprisingly the hardest fight was kraven. I kept getting rooted while trying to cheese the fight and lost a ton of health.

1 more until that R5 gem! Don’t have CGR so so im just gonna Galan + Hood it.
    If you're doing dimensional being next, you should consider using Chavez as well as galan and hood. Her gaining power from sp1 makes the first phase of thanos much faster since you can almost always have at least a bar of power. If you're good with her she also makes ikarus a super easy fight.
    Pikolu said:

If you're doing dimensional being next, you should consider using Chavez as well as galan and hood. Her gaining power from sp1 makes the first phase of thanos much faster since you can almost always have at least a bar of power. If you're good with her she also makes ikarus a super easy fight.

Good tip! I got Icarus down to 30% in one try with Chavez, only needed 1 revive.