**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Titan Crystals instead of feature crystals.

Comments

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I kind of like being forced to use some shards on Basic and some on Featured (Titan), because I never seem to get the balance right when there is one currency.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

I kind of like being forced to use some shards on Basic and some on Featured (Titan), because I never seem to get the balance right when there is one currency.

Except that's not what's happening.
    You're thinking of it in context of the current featured crystals.

Instead of using some on basic and some on Titan, you have to use all of your basic - no hoarding - for shards of a titan. Make no mistake, this is effectively introducing two new categories of champions in one. Think of how long it took you to save up for one or two 7* crystals. Now consider that you need to dupe those, to get a fraction of a titan crystal.

They're introducing 7* crystals AND 7.5* crystals AND they're outright saying that they will not overlap.

Imagine... instead of 6* crystals and features, new champions were put into class crystals.
    In order to get a shot at a new mutant, you'd need to open a 6* crystal, dupe a mutant and then do that enough to get a 6* new mutant crystal.

Did I make the example a little more extreme? Yeah, and that's all certain people will focus on, but the foundation is the same.

Herc, Iron Doom, Quake, Magik, Hyperion, Kitty - there's your Titan crystal. To get enough shards for one titan crystal, you need to open all your base pool crystals and get dupes. Do that enough to have your titan shards add up. Better hope that Titan character doesn't need a dupe..

Will this slow progression? Probably, for F2P players, absolutely.
    Regardless, it's gatekeeping and overall bad for players - we shouldn't be excited about this or allow them to put a bow on it and make it seem like a good thing "Omg, the pools won't overlap" Yeah... that just means you're crating two classes of characters and I can guarantee you right now that the Titan crystal won't be flooded with Cyclops and Iron Patriot while Herc and Kitty go into the base crystal.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I surely get the money grabbing concept, and it was the same with the cav crystals back in the day, but, to get to any solid conclusions, it all comes to this: how much time will take for the Titan champs to move on the basic pool? Is it going to be the same as the 6* featureds or more and how much?
    Plus, the first Titan pool, will have the current month s new champions, and around 30 more? Are they going to be the god tier ones, the Nick Furies, the Apocalypses, the Scorpions, or, the second best like... I don't know, Ultron, Spider-Ham, Black Cat etc?
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Didn't Forged to Fight do something very similar to this?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Mik81 said:

We can also bet that the new Titan shards will be heavily monetized...

They will probably directly sell the titan crystals/shards on gifting event or something. If they ever really do that, then pretty much confirms this is all a cash grabbing move. If they want to make it truth to their words then they can never sell these, ever
    What plane of existence involves them never selling anything?
  • Options

Mik81 said:

We can also bet that the new Titan shards will be heavily monetized...

They will probably directly sell the titan crystals/shards on gifting event or something. If they ever really do that, then pretty much confirms this is all a cash grabbing move. If they want to make it truth to their words then they can never sell these, ever
    Truth to what word exactly?
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

It's a really awful change. Now you can't hoard shards for a featured crystal to get new champs, you have to buy Paragon Crystals to get them. This a very bad change for the players.

You get titan shards from duping 7*. Don't know how you came to the conclusion that you only get them from buying paragon crystals.
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote.
    I did. New champs enter titan crystal. Get titan shards by duping 7* shards. Sure new champs will probably be in paragon shards but it's no different then it is now with Cavs.
    You clearly don't understand.

Right now, people can hoard easily obtainable 6* shards and target new champs in featured crystals. I haven't bought a Cav in years and have every champ besides Spot. The new system will force you to buy Paragons to either get the new champs or enough 7* duped for Titan shards.

it really isn't that hard to grasp.
    I can't even. How can you be this dense? I understand just fine. It's YOU who can't grasp how these new mechanics work and why. And the game doesn't force you to do anything you make those choices all on your own.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Depends on how they handle the titan pool. If it is really small with only new champs then I like it as a higher chance to get them. If they include 75% not new champs as in the featured crystal then I won’t like it. I don’t mind a harder to get resource if the payout is good.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    It’s a great deal IMO. This time duping 7*’s actually have a meaning, unlike duping 6*s.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

The Titan crystals are basically a spending exclusive category.....in theory it isn't but in practice it is, at least for next 18-24 months

The 7* crystals will have 2 pools
    The Basic one for the F2Ps with bad to upper mid tier champs, & the Titan one for spenders, filled with most of the desirable champs

We as a community have always categorised champs in different categories.....the Gods, Beyond Gods, Demigods, Memes & whatever other names that one likes to use for the categories

This Titan thing is the first time that Kabam have officially made this division in the way they're going to be selling the champs

If someone wants the top tier champs to keep up with the competition in Battlegrounds & Alliance war, then they gotta loosen their pockets

That isn’t the case at all. You’re assuming they are going to put all the “god tier” champs in the titan pool. That’s not the case. The basic and titan will be non overlapping pools that will rotate. New champions will go to the titan pool to start with, but not all champions will go titan and then basic, some will go to basic first. No where did they say “All the champs the community sees as god tier will first start off in the titan pool and the trickle down into the basic “
  • Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

It's a really awful change. Now you can't hoard shards for a featured crystal to get new champs, you have to buy Paragon Crystals to get them. This a very bad change for the players.

You get titan shards from duping 7*. Don't know how you came to the conclusion that you only get them from buying paragon crystals.
    I did. New champs enter titan crystal. Get titan shards by duping 7* shards. Sure new champs will probably be in paragon shards but it's no different then it is now with Cavs.

Right now, people can hoard easily obtainable 6* shards and target new champs in featured crystals. I haven't bought a Cav in years and have every champ besides Spot. The new system will force you to buy Paragons to either get the new champs or enough 7* duped for Titan shards.

I can't even. How can you be this dense? I understand just fine. It's YOU who can't grasp how these new mechanics work and why. And the game doesn't force you to do anything you make those choices all on your own.
    Then you need to explain it to me because you make zero sense.

The only way to get a new 7* champ is to dupe 30-50 7*s for one Tiutan crystal and hope to get them or Paragon crystals. How, exactly, is that not intended to get people to spend?
    Where was it mentioned you need to dupe 30-50 7*s? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    People need to decide what they want..

A. For 7*: progression to be as easy as 6* progression became in the past 1.5- 2 years ie 8* by 2025

B. For 6* progression to be slower and harder than 6* had been over the 4+ years they have been available to prolong the games shelf life

When 6* first came in it took ages to get crystals and r2 them. This then exploded in the past 2+ years where we are at r5s.

If the game is too have more longevity i don't see a similar schedule being good for 7*.

Sure they will definitely monetize the 7* progression, but then that's what businesses do.

Yes banquet crystals will have 7* shards and 7r1 mats - this is how the game has always worked.

Yes the whales will have the biggest rosters with 7r1 and then 7r2 when it becomes doable, and yes that will affect BGs and AW but it's always been like that. If you are in the bars bracket you will do the same thing you did 2 years ago to stay there - spend or grind like a mad man.

The whales were the ones who had 20+ 6r4 when most players had only the 3 needed for paragon.

I'm sure their aim here is to make money while not reaching the 7* plateau as quickly as we did 6*.

The most important thing i think we need to know is how much the teased ascension mechanic will do to keep 6* relevant as 7* become available. This was not an option when we had 5* vs 6* and hopefully it will be available before the year ends and in all game modes.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

The only way to get a new 7* champ is to dupe 30-50 7*s for one Tiutan crystal and hope to get them or Paragon crystals. How, exactly, is that not intended to get people to spend?
    Where was it mentioned you need to dupe 30-50 7*s? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.
    Nice strawman.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Ultimately it comes down to how the Basic and Titan pools shake out, and the rate of shard acquisition for FTP players.

If a FTP player acquires Titan shards at a slow enough rate, if the Titan pool changes, then that player might realistically only have one-shot at targeting a New Champion that they might want. An example of this is Incursions, where I pretty much only acquire enough artifacts every 2 months, so I pretty much miss out on the 1st month's pool, and have only 1 shot at targeting a champion in the 2nd month. If a similar model is used with the Titan pool, then that really sucks.

From the other posts here, I am also unclear about how the basic pool shakes out due to there not being "overlap". Is there a similar idea to all the other crystals, where the Titan/Featured crystals get added to the ever expanding Basic pool? It seems like at a certain point, the not 'overlapping' wouldn't keep up with the rate of Basic pool expansion.

• Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Nice strawman.
    No seriously. Where's the information regarding this?
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

People need to decide what they want..

I'm sure their aim here is to make money while not reaching the 7* plateau as quickly as we did 6*.

6* have been around along time - since 2018 I believe. Attainability has increased recently but we are still no where near the point where we are at max limits. I am pretty sure they would love to have this long a life cycle with 7* and are increasing shards needed to try to get there.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    The alternative is not getting any compensation when duping a 7*. So yes, this is great.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

The Titan crystals are basically a spending exclusive category.....in theory it isn't but in practice it is, at least for next 18-24 months

The Basic one for the F2Ps with bad to upper mid tier champs, & the Titan one for spenders, filled with most of the desirable champs

We as a community have always categorised champs in different categories.....the Gods, Beyond Gods, Demigods, Memes & whatever other names that one likes to use for the categories

This Titan thing is the first time that Kabam have officially made this division in the way they're going to be selling the champs

If someone wants the top tier champs to keep up with the competition in Battlegrounds & Alliance war, then they gotta loosen their pockets

That isn’t the case at all. You’re assuming they are going to put all the “god tier” champs in the titan pool. That’s not the case. The basic and titan will be non overlapping pools that will rotate. New champions will go to the titan pool to start with, but not all champions will go titan and then basic, some will go to basic first. No where did they say “All the champs the community sees as god tier will first start off in the titan pool and the trickle down into the basic “
    At first I was surprised by ur reply bcoz I know u are an experienced member of the community & surely have at least a little bit of experience on how things usually go about in the game.....and a player with that experience wouldn't have a thought process similar to urs
    But then I opened ur profile & it made complete sense
  • Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Nice strawman.
    How is it a straw man when they are asking something that YOU said?
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

At first I was surprised by ur reply bcoz I know u are an experienced member of the community & surely have at least a little bit of experience on how things usually go about in the game.....and a player with that experience wouldn't have a thought process similar to urs
    But then I opened ur profile & it made complete sense
    What about my profile made what I said make sense? The disagree/agree ratio? The LoLs? The guardian tag? What about it? Also what’s wrong with what I said? You said this is Kabam making that division for the first time. It’s not though and if it has been stated anywhere that it is, then please show me. Because no where did they say in anywhere that I’ve seen, that they are dividing it like that. I’ve talked to them, CCP members, and watched the live stream and have not seen where that is the case.

I said you’re assuming something, and you are. You also did it again in the response to me. I am doom and gloom on a lot of what Kabam does, but this isn’t one of them.

The part I was and am asking you about specifically is this section here: “ We as a community have always categorised champs in different categories.....the Gods, Beyond Gods, Demigods, Memes & whatever other names that one likes to use for the categories

This Titan thing is the first time that Kabam have officially made this division in the way they're going to be selling the champs”

If you can show me where it is stated that they are going to be splitting champs between basic and the titan crystal by who is considered god tier in order to sell crystals, then please, show me. I’ll admit I’m wrong and apologize.