**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Titan Crystals instead of feature crystals.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Ugh, if you honestly believe that it will take less than 30-50 dupes to open a Titan crystal then I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Options

Ugh, if you honestly believe that it will take less than 30-50 dupes to open a Titan crystal then I have a bridge to sell you.

You’re purposefully ignoring their question and information provided to you
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

You’re purposefully ignoring their question and information provided to you
    Correct. I am not answering their strawman question because it's a garbage stance that everyone knows is wrong.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    I don’t think people listened to the fact that he said you can get titan crystal shards in offers too, they are given as dupes for 7* but not the only way to get them.
  • Options
    I dont think we need to pass judgement on something that we dont know yet.
    I' for one, am kinda happy I wont be incentivized to hoard 7* shards. I think that was the aim with this update.
    i'd like to see the cost of titan crystals and how we can accumulate these. Personally rushing to judgement is pointless.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★

Lokx said:

I don’t think people listened to the fact that he said you can get titan crystal shards in offers too, they are given as dupes for 7* but not the only way to get them.

That just furthers my point that the Titan crystal is designed to make people spend if they want a new champ at 7*. How anyone can disagree with that fact is mindboggling.
    The champ will eventually enter the normal pool so people can still get them, you dont even have to spend real money as they could be unit deals. Also they could add the titan shards in quest rewards we still dont have much information about them.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 754 ★★★★
    NearJr said:

The roll out of 7* is going to be slow, and that's a good thing.

One of the first complaints the community had when 7* were first announced was the risk of 6* rosters becoming obsolete. I certainly dont want my roster to become obsolete right away, we've all spent time and other resources building it, this slow roll out helps alleviate this.

It's always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" deal with Kabam. We, as a community, have a knack of always assuming the worst and complaining about every single announcement.

I for one am very happy with how 7* are shaping up. I will be able to open maybe 10 when they drop, I assume that will net me 1/4 or maybe 1/3 of a Titan crystal, and that's perfectly fine.

You say "slow" but I think you mean "glacial, and only for 99.9% of the userbase". Titan shards are going to be next to useless for the vast majority of the game except for the top 0.1% of players who are going to be buying paragon crystals and have hundreds of thousands of 6 star shards saved up for their 7 star opening which will give them thousands more 7 star titan shards. The 99.9% of the community can expect to open like 1 titan crystal per year, especially as the 7 star pool continues to expand and it gets harder to dupe champs.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    bdawg923 said:

NearJr said:

The roll out of 7* is going to be slow, and that's a good thing.

One of the first complaints the community had when 7* were first announced was the risk of 6* rosters becoming obsolete. I certainly dont want my roster to become obsolete right away, we've all spent time and other resources building it, this slow roll out helps alleviate this.

It's always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" deal with Kabam. We, as a community, have a knack of always assuming the worst and complaining about every single announcement.

I for one am very happy with how 7* are shaping up. I will be able to open maybe 10 when they drop, I assume that will net me 1/4 or maybe 1/3 of a Titan crystal, and that's perfectly fine.

You say "slow" but I think you mean "glacial, and only for 99.9% of the userbase". Titan shards are going to be next to useless for the vast majority of the game except for the top 0.1% of players who are going to be buying paragon crystals and have hundreds of thousands of 6 star shards saved up for their 7 star opening which will give them thousands more 7 star titan shards. The 99.9% of the community can expect to open like 1 titan crystal per year, especially as the 7 star pool continues to expand and it gets harder to dupe champs.

Even if you are at the very top of the game, the acquisition of any kind of 7* will be slow, and I repeat, that's a good thing.
    I would like to think my account is pretty stacked. I have all content finished, I run the highest level of AQ/AW and I spend when there is reason to spend. I would never call myself a whale, I'm not planning on spending thousands on paragon crystals and I dont see 7* replacing my 6* roster right away, maybe 1-2 champs at most right at launch.

We're not meant to instantly replace our 6* rosters, again, a good thing.

If you're meant to open 1 titan crystal in a year (which sounds a bit of an exageration), is it really that bad? You will still open basic 7* crystals. Not every piece of content is meant for everyone immediatly.

We have progression levels for a reason, you're supposed to advance at your own pace. If you want to go fast, you have the option to spend. Keep in mind you are not obligated to spend and anyone that says you need to spend thousands of dollars to compete in, lets say, masters AW, is straight out lying.

Slow is good.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Seems fine to me. I am Paragon and will be opening 7s crystals, but my focus is going to remain on my 6s roster, especially on rank 4 and 5 champs (which will be better than any 7s champs I have for what seems like a long long time).
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,034 ★★★★★

I dont think we need to pass judgement on something that we dont know yet.
    I' for one, am kinda happy I wont be incentivized to hoard 7* shards. I think that was the aim with this update.
    i'd like to see the cost of titan crystals and how we can accumulate these. Personally rushing to judgement is pointless.

This is the right question. We don’t know what the shard scaling is going to be on Titan crystals yet. They scaled up the cost for 7* crystals based on our yield rate of 7* shards. Kabam was able to see how many 7* shards players had collected since they became available and made an economic choice based on it.

Kabam could go back to 2000 shard crystals if they wanted to for Titans. They could call it 50,000 shards. That number means nothing without the context of acquisition rates. Until we have information on both, there’s no way for us to have an informed opinion on the subject.
  • Options
    JrHollJrHoll Posts: 13
    I can see pros and cons to it honestly, but for me personally, I think it's a solid idea and I wish they had it when 6 stars released. My biggest gripe about 6 stars back in the day was when I'd dupe one, I wouldn't get any shards for it cause that was the ceiling. Nothing was beyond 6 stars and now, that will be true of 7 stars. Adding Titan crystals where you get shards for duping 7 stars is brilliant, you're basically (slowly) getting more from each 7 star you open. Sure it's chump change, but it adds up after awhile.

And for someone like me who rarely ever opens featured crystals cause I don't follow the hype or chase the brand new shiny champs, losing out on a featured crystal isn't a loss to me, however, I do understand that will and has upset a lot of players. So I think maybe they should have implemented the 7 star featured later on down the road, while also doing the Titan crystal, that way, it would still give the players the choice. But also, to be real, a 7 star featured crystal would most likely cost 20k, which would be absurd.