Update on the Fight Against Cheaters: May 2nd

124»

Comments

• StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

I am one of those players that got suspended for 7 days.

I appreciate that you guys are now (even though its late) are showing some efforts against cheating. However I want to address something here.

I have been doing BGs and AWs for a long time. I just cant get past the roster gap between an endgame spender's whale account and my occasional spending account.

I am more than happy to get every new deal, character or rankup material that you guys sell. Who doesn't wan't to get a newly released character or good chunk of newly added rank up material, right?

So here is my point, I dont have enough money to buy every deal you guys offer.
    This puts me to a disadvantage of having less champs at highest rank and less diversity of characters in my roster compared to a massive spender.

In this state neither I, an occasional spender nor an ftp player can compete for the #1 rank in any gamemode that is dependent on roster size or ranks. Thats pretty much all of the pvp modes in game BGs, AWs, Arenas and everything that has a leaderboard, that applies to event leaderboard as well.

I accept that getting carried my a cheater is not ethical and it takes community in wrong direction.
    But pushing offers that create massive gap in character rosters makes imbalance in the player base as well, essentially creating a divide.

With input issues and arena top ranks cheating not being resolved, It frustrates us as players who cant bypass the grind aspect of the game by just spending.

I picked a player from global chat and asked him to carry me in incursions for insignificant amount of money. It was way better worth of my time than doing BGs with 0 points bug or hours of redundant arena grind.

And you know removing 80%* of my 7 star shards does make me sad but its not the worst thing as compared to How I feel losing to a whale account in BGs.

To anyone that hate me for getting carried, I accept that hate.
    I knew what I was getting into and I did it.

"If you would like to continue playing our game, it's time to become upstanding citizens of the Battlerealm"
    One could also say "Its time to be responsible administrators of the Battlerealm and work in favour of your citizens instead of just capitalising on them"

While you point of view is understandable, cheating will never be acceptable !

Take another point of view, Kabam is creating this game and content to make money. you might think it is to entertain people, to enjoy "role playing" our favorites Marvel champions, but in the end, it's only a matter of money.

Kabam make a lot of good stuff (and a lot of trash/bugs/errors too) to make sure you enjoy their game to the point of spending your money on their game.
    People are willing to spend money because they really enjoy this game and it's content (maybe not all game mode thought).

if you cheat to stay competitive, you are denying Kabam the money they work hard for and denying other players their rightful rewards (whether they spend or not) because without cheating you would not be able to get whatever rewards you cheated for.
    You are right when you say that Kabam is creating a gap between whale players and F2P or occasional spender like you, but in the end, you can play this game because whales are here to keep funding this game, and cheating is definitely not the right answer to this gap.
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Stellar said:

noclutch said:

I appreciate that you guys are now (even though its late) are showing some efforts against cheating. However I want to address something here.

I have been doing BGs and AWs for a long time. I just cant get past the roster gap between an endgame spender's whale account and my occasional spending account.

I am more than happy to get every new deal, character or rankup material that you guys sell. Who doesn't wan't to get a newly released character or good chunk of newly added rank up material, right?

This puts me to a disadvantage of having less champs at highest rank and less diversity of characters in my roster compared to a massive spender.

In this state neither I, an occasional spender nor an ftp player can compete for the #1 rank in any gamemode that is dependent on roster size or ranks. Thats pretty much all of the pvp modes in game BGs, AWs, Arenas and everything that has a leaderboard, that applies to event leaderboard as well.

I accept that getting carried my a cheater is not ethical and it takes community in wrong direction.
    But pushing offers that create massive gap in character rosters makes imbalance in the player base as well, essentially creating a divide.

With input issues and arena top ranks cheating not being resolved, It frustrates us as players who cant bypass the grind aspect of the game by just spending.

I picked a player from global chat and asked him to carry me in incursions for insignificant amount of money. It was way better worth of my time than doing BGs with 0 points bug or hours of redundant arena grind.

And you know removing 80%* of my 7 star shards does make me sad but its not the worst thing as compared to How I feel losing to a whale account in BGs.

"If you would like to continue playing our game, it's time to become upstanding citizens of the Battlerealm"
    One could also say "Its time to be responsible administrators of the Battlerealm and work in favour of your citizens instead of just capitalising on them"

Take another point of view, Kabam is creating this game and content to make money. you might think it is to entertain people, to enjoy "role playing" our favorites Marvel champions, but in the end, it's only a matter of money.

Kabam make a lot of good stuff (and a lot of trash/bugs/errors too) to make sure you enjoy their game to the point of spending your money on their game.
    People are willing to spend money because they really enjoy this game and it's content (maybe not all game mode thought).

if you cheat to stay competitive, you are denying Kabam the money they work hard for and denying other players their rightful rewards (whether they spend or not) because without cheating you would not be able to get whatever rewards you cheated for.
    You are right when you say that Kabam is creating a gap between whale players and F2P or occasional spender like you, but in the end, you can play this game because whales are here to keep funding this game, and cheating is definitely not the right answer to this gap.

"if you cheat to stay competitive, you are denying Kabam the money"
    No I am not denying any money, I didnt have the money to get what they were offering to begin with.

However I agree that cheating is not right no matter what.
    But I am also not here to throw money at the game when it determines the gameplay experience based on financial status.

Game is to be played, and money is to be made around it.

when something like the current 7star event comes up.
    There is no 'playing the game aspect' in it. And the best time efficient to get milestones is to do irl overtime work and get the fund to get units.

Whales do keep the company running but they cant keep it relevent by themselves. examples AW and BGs.
    Its ftp player base that keeps the game relevent and fun.
  • BlankCosmic_93BlankCosmic_93 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2023
    Ale90 said:

Yeah that’s good new but while that issue is being addressed the game bugs keeps getting worst and worst i don’t even want to play the game anymore. Right now in battleground when finding an opponent the games losses connection and when you managed to get back in the game the opponent was already accepted, the 3 champions were bans from the opponent deck and i have all of my champions chosen and ready to start my first battle just to get an automatic lose. All me need is for the game to play automatically too

I am facing this same issue, happened in this season only, last season of Battlegrounds was fine. Also, this last update is full of bugs. Before loading champions or before starting a fight, it starts to download something, that sometimes results in game crashing. Don't know what changes they've done in this version. The gameplay gets ruined day by day, specially in Battlegrounds due to connection lost bug.

noclutch said:

Stellar said:

noclutch said:

No I am not denying any money, I didnt have the money to get what they were offering to begin with.

But I am also not here to throw money at the game when it determines the gameplay experience based on financial status.

There is no 'playing the game aspect' in it. And the best time efficient to get milestones is to do irl overtime work and get the fund to get units.

Whales do keep the company running but they cant keep it relevent by themselves. examples AW and BGs.
    I saw your post about keeping up with the "whales". There is no keeping up with the size of their accounts. If you want to keep up, you will have to spend as much. Thats the illusion. "keeping up". You dont need to keep up. What you need to do, is do the best you can with what yo uhave.

Everything else is just an excuse to cheat. There is no justification here.
    Why would I not feel the need to keep up with them when I am fighting against their rosters in BGs?
    Like what are you advising? straight up accept the lose because of rank difference?
    This needs to be worked on by the game team. You cant call it a fair competitive mode when you are selling match deciding advantage for money.

I dont object the punishment. And I aint justifying cheating, I wish you had read the comment properly. I am just showing that there is a gap thats increasing at ridiculous rate.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    noclutch said:

noclutch said:

Stellar said:

noclutch said:

I saw your post about keeping up with the "whales". There is no keeping up with the size of their accounts. If you want to keep up, you will have to spend as much. Thats the illusion. "keeping up". You dont need to keep up. What you need to do, is do the best you can with what yo uhave.

Everything else is just an excuse to cheat. There is no justification here.
    Why would I not feel the need to keep up with them when I am fighting against their rosters in BGs?
    Like what are you advising? straight up accept the lose because of rank difference?
    This needs to be worked on by the game team. You cant call it a fair competitive mode when you are selling match deciding advantage for money.

I dont object the punishment. And I aint justifying cheating, I wish you had read the comment properly. I am just showing that there is a gap thats increasing at ridiculous rate.
    To say that you're matching against massive whale accounts frequently in BGs is disingenuous. Most of those accounts are high rank GC. Yes, you'll occasionally match with them if they get a late start, or if you start right when the new season starts. But once they're out of your rank, you won't see them anymore.

Further, that's just how mobile PVP games go. In almost every mobile gacha game I've played with a PVP mode, you'll occasionally get placed against people who spend money. It happens.

And you don't NEED to spend money to be successful. Look at someone like Brian Grant, who never (or sometimes very rarely) spends real money. He's done everything in the game, and was in a high tier alliance, and has an insane roster. If you grind Arena like a lot of people, and have a huge stash of units, then you will be prepared for deals when they come. A lot of games don't even let you earn "premium currency" the way this one does.

Also, you're talking about cheating in Incursions of all places, in an event that ran for a month, that wasn't even PVP. How does that in any facilitate cheating?
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Man, this thread is frickin wild. "Yeah, I cheated, but why am I being punished?!"
    I find it interesting that most of the players acknowledge the gap but still shun the players who speak to reduce it.

That gap creates an incentive to cheat.

Ideally the cheater should be perma banned, but it doesnt stop them from doing it again with new account.
    I tried to emphasize on reducing the gap so it reduces the incentives and lessens the number of cheaters.

What I get is.
    I should shut up and not talk about it if I cant pay enough to get the deals
    or
    get rid of goal to compete with them
    or
    leave the game.

Thats toxic
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

I find it interesting that most of the players acknowledge the gap but still shun the players who speak to reduce it.

That gap creates an incentive to cheat.

Ideally the cheater should be perma banned, but it doesnt stop them from doing it again with new account.
    I tried to emphasize on reducing the gap so it reduces the incentives and lessens the number of cheaters.

What I get is.
    I should shut up and not talk about it if I cant pay enough to get the deals
    or
    get rid of goal to compete with them
    or
    leave the game.

Thats toxic

So to reduce the gap, you want what the whales can afford to have but without spending...
    Well, it's technically possible if you grind in arena (without bot of course) and spend your hard earn units on crystals and offers. But whales will still have the upper hands because they can spend real money in addition to units.

If you want to compete with whales, there are two solutions : become a whale too or do your best in the game with what you have and your skill, maybe even going in a top alliance to maximize your rewards and be happy to get this far without spending money like whales.
    The third solution of cheating will end up with your account being ban.
  • mohamoha Member Posts: 40
    Lots of carried members didnt get banned , that is unfair lol
  • LetheLatteLetheLatte Member Posts: 114
    moha said:

They all got 7 day suspension, the permanent bans are when they're the ones who are using the mods

moha said:

They all got 7 day suspension, the permanent bans are when they're the ones who are using the mods
    No way i know lots of carried members didnt get ban for a week and still have the title , kabam just banned some to show up that is not fair lol
  • LetheLatteLetheLatte Member Posts: 114
    moha said:

moha said:

No way i know lots of carried members didnt get ban for a week and still have the title , kabam just banned some to show up that is not fair lol
    Honestly, sounds like kabam

moha said:

moha said:

Honestly, sounds like kabam
    Yeah if they cant ban all of carried members not to kill the game , then they shouldnt ban anyone lol
  • KangKangKangKang Member Posts: 1
    What about being carried in aq and/or aw?
    That should also be seen as a form of cheating when someone joins but doesn't do anything else.
    Or there is a huge discrepancy between alliance members. so one group plays map 7 and others map 2 for instance.
    Shouldn't that seen as cheating also than?
    Same can be applied to war.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 988 ★★★★
    I love it! keep it up please.

Without cheaters and modders and mercing.. mcoc will be in so much better state. This season only i have experienced way less cheating and modding in BG and i love it, either that or Kabam fixed matchmaking cause 95% of the time i'm getting matched fairly, some lower and/or higher prestige than mine but usually around the same ballpark.