**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update on the Fight Against Cheaters: May 2nd

Comments

• Mtmkill_33Mtmkill_33 Posts: 22
    Stellar said:

Kabam Jax said:

I didn't expect so many people to try to find a grey area on cheating, so let's recap, together (it'll be fun!):

• Don't cheat.
    • Cheat detection is only getting stronger. If you're cheating and you haven't been caught: count your blessings, it's not going to last long.
    • Frustration is not, nor will it ever be, a justification for cheating.
    • This is an iterative process. We are building out our toolset to combat cheaters in all areas of the game, even if we're only discussing March's Incursions meta in this post. When we provide detailed communication, it's easiest to paint a picture by focusing on one specific area of the game.
    Why not a permanent ban on first cheat ?

If you are not aware, these bans were issued to players who did not use third-party software. Players who cheated are banned forever.
  • mitak4mitak4 Posts: 8
    Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

Actually this punishment that you guys did is absolutely and utterly unfair! That is really all to it. I admit me and apparently another 1800 people got carried thru the incursions. Yes we know it is wrong. Yes we tought we won't be caught. Yes we probably are more lazy that the rest and etc... But that's fine. You caught us right? You banned us right when the bobble event was going so we could not get the benefit from there. We did not receive alliance war rewards for some reason, which don't get me started on it. Apparently playing thru hole season and using ur time and money doesn't matter even tough the Incursions were the previous month's event. And then on top we get our 7* star shards removed? And that is only for getting carried thru an incursion, not modding or botting or piloting or mercing, which in my oppinion is way worse! So many people in the past got SO many more rewards for so long by USING actual mods and you did nothing and now you punish something that is the least of these things the most? Like what are you doing? And why? It's like someone is stealing from a shop every single day 100$ worth of items and he does that for years and years and doesn't get any punishment. And then there is the guy who pays 10$ to someone to steal 20$ worth of items ONCE. Like where is the justice and fairness. Again I will say that I know it's wrong, but it feels like giving death sentence to someone who was with a friend who stole something. SO not fair! But life goes on I guess. Happy to play bugged BGs and get DCs and not being able to get 6*from arenas. Happy days!

Cheating is cheating regardless of how it happens. Deal with it. Your lucky all they did was take some rewards. And ban you for 7 days. Shouldve been worse.
    So would you say people who cheated in the past or did mercing should get banned as well?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

Actually this punishment that you guys did is absolutely and utterly unfair! That is really all to it. I admit me and apparently another 1800 people got carried thru the incursions. Yes we know it is wrong. Yes we tought we won't be caught. Yes we probably are more lazy that the rest and etc... But that's fine. You caught us right? You banned us right when the bobble event was going so we could not get the benefit from there. We did not receive alliance war rewards for some reason, which don't get me started on it. Apparently playing thru hole season and using ur time and money doesn't matter even tough the Incursions were the previous month's event. And then on top we get our 7* star shards removed? And that is only for getting carried thru an incursion, not modding or botting or piloting or mercing, which in my oppinion is way worse! So many people in the past got SO many more rewards for so long by USING actual mods and you did nothing and now you punish something that is the least of these things the most? Like what are you doing? And why? It's like someone is stealing from a shop every single day 100$ worth of items and he does that for years and years and doesn't get any punishment. And then there is the guy who pays 10$ to someone to steal 20$ worth of items ONCE. Like where is the justice and fairness. Again I will say that I know it's wrong, but it feels like giving death sentence to someone who was with a friend who stole something. SO not fair! But life goes on I guess. Happy to play bugged BGs and get DCs and not being able to get 6*from arenas. Happy days!

Cheating is cheating regardless of how it happens. Deal with it. Your lucky all they did was take some rewards. And ban you for 7 days. Shouldve been worse.
    So would you say people who cheated in the past or did mercing should get banned as well?
    Absolutely.
  • mitak4mitak4 Posts: 8
    Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

Some of the top creators used to be these people. With piloting in AW and much more. Yeah they stopped, but they did it. So where is their punishment?

Incursions as a pair is different from Wars with 30 ppl and 27 paths.

Someone could carry you in incursions, because you can both take the same path, and only the 1 person could do all the fighting, and the rewards would be the same no matter if that tandem took a single path together or took different paths.

In WARS (even within 1 BG), nobody can go and do all 9 paths (defeating all enemies on all 9 paths.
    And while, yes, 1 person could do just 1 path, and the other 9 people could just follow that same path afterwards, that DOES NOT yield enough points (by a long shot) to actually win wars, or put up enough points to have meaningful Rank position.

And if you say in Wars, well a single person could “Pilot” every other account (that is indeed a situation where ALL of those piloted account would also get banned, and is not what is really being talked about as far as 1 bad actor out of a bunch).

About intrusions.
    Is the passage of two players on the same branch forbidden?
    mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

Some of the top creators used to be these people. With piloting in AW and much more. Yeah they stopped, but they did it. So where is their punishment?
    Do not try bro, double standards have appeared in the game. For the same fraud, some receive a ban and a fine, others receive rewards at least a little less than expected. And all this under the slogan of a tough fight against cheaters.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★
    mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

Mercs don’t get banned. People paying them money do.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

They're upstanding citizens now. If you don't cheat now, then you don't get banned. It is dumb to ban people because of stuff they did in 2016 when they're definitely not that person anymore. If they continued their behavior, then yes they should be banned. The goal of the temporary bans and removal of 7* shards is to reform cheaters into upstanding citizens. If you don't want to be an upstanding citizen, then you can get permabanned.
    No it’s not dumb at all.
    They need to ban anyone who have cheated in the past, to restore the sense of justice in the community.
    It’s not nice too ban people now because they catch them, but don’t ban known past cheaters for breaking TOS too.
    Do these past cheaters have some Premium TOS agreement to enjoy privileged treatment?
    The same could claim those that they were carried in Incursions.
    They got carried in March they got banned in May.
    Where you draw the line of what is the timeline that someone stopped to be a cheater?
    Since Kabam chose to go the hard punishments route, ban them all.
    Everyone who cheats now or cheated in the past.
    Not showing special treatment to YT mercs.
    Same punishment for ALL that did the same violation.
    That’s justice.
  • SpartanChaosSpartanChaos Posts: 22
    Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

They're upstanding citizens now. If you don't cheat now, then you don't get banned. It is dumb to ban people because of stuff they did in 2016 when they're definitely not that person anymore. If they continued their behavior, then yes they should be banned. The goal of the temporary bans and removal of 7* shards is to reform cheaters into upstanding citizens. If you don't want to be an upstanding citizen, then you can get permabanned.
    No it’s not dumb at all.
    They need to ban anyone who have cheated in the past, to restore the sense of justice in the community.
    It’s not nice too ban people now because they catch them, but don’t ban known past cheaters for breaking TOS too.
    Do these past cheaters have some Premium TOS agreement to enjoy privileged treatment?
    Where you draw the line of what is the timeline that someone stopped to be a cheater?
    That’s justice.
    Things change, they did ban ppl in the past and they do now. It's a risk you take cheating that it will change and you'll be caught. Stop trying to make it a whole it's unfair, you cheated and suffered for it they didn't. Boohoo should have been permabanned and everyone moving forward caught should be as well
  • Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

No it’s not dumb at all.
    That’s justice.
    Do you realize how bans are done? There is proof in the data they collect that shows who to ban. They investigate and get proof that cheating was done. That's when bans are done. Kabam has started to take a strong stand now, and I'm sure any proof they uncover will lead to more bans in the future. You can see they are really working on it hard.
  • CrysisCrysis Posts: 1
    I guess removed 7500 7* shards is too much , its take lots of time to collect those shards, Not equivalent to incursion rewards.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,205 ★★★★★
    Crysis said:

I guess removed 7500 7* shards is too much , its take lots of time to collect those shards, Not equivalent to incursion rewards.

• ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    It’s all good that they ban the cheater in incursion. However, arena still a mess right now with all the bots.
    Judging by what you wrote, you have no idea how moderra is found.
    There is an AVC program that bans at the entrance.
    In other cases, with the help of complaints and a program that looks for cheat codes in the game logs. These players were banned for farming resources, which is an unreasonable action, and the Kabam team will soon face the consequences of this decision (the departure of the players, which has already begun). Also the fact that they could not return the resources obtained by using the farm, which is a lie.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★

More! Keep it coming!
  • SchwarteSchwarte Posts: 47
    Look at the alliance "NKL17" and say me that all the legend Accs are legit...this cheater annoncements are only a farse...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,205 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Schwarte said:

Look at the alliance "NKL17" and say me that all the legend Accs are legit...this cheater annoncements are only a farse...

All those who got banned are actually guilty. So that's a positive. It used to be 0 bans, but these baby steps are going towards right direction.

But, a lot of the guilty players have slipped through the detection.
    The legend title list is shorter by 1800, gotta take action on other violators too.
  • Ale90Ale90 Posts: 3
    Yeah that’s good new but while that issue is being addressed the game bugs keeps getting worst and worst i don’t even want to play the game anymore. Right now in battleground when finding an opponent the games losses connection and when you managed to get back in the game the opponent was already accepted, the 3 champions were bans from the opponent deck and i have all of my champions chosen and ready to start my first battle just to get an automatic lose. All me need is for the game to play automatically too
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

No it’s not dumb at all.
    That’s justice.
    Do you realize how bans are done? There is proof in the data they collect that shows who to ban. They investigate and get proof that cheating was done. That's when bans are done. Kabam has started to take a strong stand now, and I'm sure any proof they uncover will lead to more bans in the future. You can see they are really working on it hard.
    Investigate? lol
    What investigation is needed to ban eye catching modders?
    Currently in the game:

Currently at GC Arcane1:

Want me to continue?
    I have more screenshots of eye catching modders, now in the game.
    They banned those who got carried in Incursions, but the Modders who carried them are still go rampage.
    Let alone Mercing, that is a common secret in high tier AW alliances.
  • Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

No it’s not dumb at all.
    That’s justice.
    Investigate? lol
    Currently in the game:

Currently at GC Arcane1:

Want me to continue?
    They banned those who got carried in Incursions, but the Modders who carried them are still go rampage.
    Hard disagree. They are banning in waves. The situation now is much better than before. They dont ban without proof, or actually cant. Looking at a profile, yo ucan pass judgement like KT1 but they need to prove it before using the ban hammer.
    The constant banwaves have already made VT a lot more palatable.
    Mercing will get worked on, im sure.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

The last few weeks have been busy for the anti-cheat program. On the Battlegrounds front, we have continued to improve our cheat detection. Thanks to our data team, we also have a brand new tool to help us in our manual review of borderline cases. This tool has helped us identify some high-ranked cheaters that had previously slipped through our other detection methods.

We also took action on the over 1800 accounts that were carried by cheaters in Incursions. These players received an escalating ban and were stripped of their Legends titles. Additionally, these players had 7* shards removed from their accounts equivalent to the maximum value of rewards they could earn completing a Threat Level 6 run (this includes both the Zone rewards and the rewards from the meta event).

Why 7* shards? Because removing the dozens of different types of rewards these players gained would have been impossible, and because almost all of them had 7* shards, there was a convenient resource that would could remove to apply the punishment. We also felt that removing one of the most coveted resources as punishment would demonstrate that we take cheating very seriously. The other option was to apply a negative Unit balance (AKA Contest Credits) to the accounts, but we have never done this before for behavior that didn't involved real money changing hands. Let this be a warning though, if you engage in breaking our Terms of Service in any way, you may find a negative Unit balance in your account in the future.

We do anticipate one more ban wave related to some borderline cases for Incursions cheating. In the meantime, to those of you who received a temporary ban, your accounts have been flagged and a lower threshold of evidence will be used to ban you again in the future. If you would like to continue playing our game, it's time to become upstanding citizens of the Battlerealm.

Love it! Keep nailing these scumbags!
  • 5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    But in this season of battleground after reaching platinum 2 I'm getting HORRIBLE matchups. i quit straight 8 matches in battleground. I'm cavalier with only 4 maxed out 5 star champs and I'm getting paragon and thronebreakers, this is absolutely HOPELESS for me. I'm losing interest in battleground.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    edited May 2023
    We all know that there is a big difference in the advancement of players that spend on the game and ones that don't. You can't justify cheating because of this discrepancy. Cheating is any action that gives you an unfair advantage over others. Not acceptable in any way shape or form. When it comes to rank rewards, the game is inbalanced. Cheating is not the awnser. At somepoint you have to accept the fact that only certain players are going to be able earn that champ in arena not matter how much effort you put forward. The odds are stacked against you. Add cheaters in the mix and it makes it that much worse. The real awnser is in the reward structures. Open up the ability for people to actually earn the 6* champ in arena and you might find that many more playing the content.
    Kabam has made some efforts on that forefront but still have a long way to go. Maybe people wouldn't feel the need to cheat if they were actually able to get what they are playing for. Just saying 😆

Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

mitak4 said:

Buttehrs said:

mitak4 said:

No it’s not dumb at all.
    That’s justice.
    Investigate? lol
    Currently in the game:

Currently at GC Arcane1:

Want me to continue?
    Hard disagree. They are banning in waves. The situation now is much better than before. They dont ban without proof, or actually cant. Looking at a profile, yo ucan pass judgement like KT1 but they need to prove it before using the ban hammer.
    The constant banwaves have already made VT a lot more palatable.
    Mercing will get worked on, im sure.
    To prove? That's exactly what they don't do.
  • NaveedNaveed Posts: 4
    I'm facing issue ....I only can play AQ..... when I start other contests in game ... my game closed and back to starting screen... and this is since few days... when I update in May....
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 303 ★★
    Love the tears of the guys who got hammered. Naturally, all of the crying ones are newly made accounts, how odd.

As good as the update is, I have one thing to nitpick though: support's attitude. Someone from my alliance got banned, for what I know, unfairly and when he tried to ask about the ban he received a reply akin to "if you're not satisfied with a week ban, we can always make it a perma".

Now, I don't know the details. He didn't quote neither his ticket nor the exact wording of the reply. From what he said he was civil about it and got a rude, condescending answer. I believe him but there could be some information bias. Though even if it was - how is that kind of reply professional in any way?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    IRQ said:

Love the tears of the guys who got hammered. Naturally, all of the crying ones are newly made accounts, how odd.

As good as the update is, I have one thing to nitpick though: support's attitude. Someone from my alliance got banned, for what I know, unfairly and when he tried to ask about the ban he received a reply akin to "if you're not satisfied with a week ban, we can always make it a perma".

Now, I don't know the details. He didn't quote neither his ticket nor the exact wording of the reply. From what he said he was civil about it and got a rude, condescending answer. I believe him but there could be some information bias. Though even if it was - how is that kind of reply professional in any way?

Hitchen's razor