**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Viv Vision need a buff?

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Have just pulled her as a 6*.

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

KT1 said she’s “under-tuned”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Do you think she would benefit from a buff?

Genuine question.... after watching those videos, did you take her for a spin? Did you try any of the rotations they used? Did you try any of your own rotations? it's fine to gather information about a champion, but it's also important that you find out what you like or don't like about a champion.

I'll use Silver Centurion as an example. He's not widely seen as the best or worse but he's very good at what his kit allows him to do. Most of the content creators weren't high on him but I have found many, many uses for him in lots of different content.

This is an obvious pattern with you. Most recently with Mantis.
    Would you not ask someone who had scaled Everest for advice before setting off yourself?

Think.
    But each of those climbers did it under circumstances that are very likely to differ from your own. So while you can keep their advice in mind, you have to test things for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

The point is that you can't just do 5 minutes of testing, go on youtube to look for a video and mention only the points that are biased towards your claim. You have to test the champion extensively on your own before coming to the forums and parroting the thoughts of other youtubers without an actual argument.
    How do I test her awakened or even high sig without wasting an awakening gem or valuable signstones?
  • Options

How about you try her and see for yourself?

I don’t want to rank her up and waste resources, hence the question.

I’m very patient and prudent about my rank ups.
    You have her as a 6*. You don't even need to level her up, just try her playstyle and take her for a spin. Hell at the very least she'd be good Arena and Level Up fodder if you don't like using her.

You don't need to use resources. Just use her and see how you feel about her.
    I don't have a spare tech 6* AG or sig stones.
  • Options

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Genuine question.... after watching those videos, did you take her for a spin? Did you try any of the rotations they used? Did you try any of your own rotations? it's fine to gather information about a champion, but it's also important that you find out what you like or don't like about a champion.

I'll use Silver Centurion as an example. He's not widely seen as the best or worse but he's very good at what his kit allows him to do. Most of the content creators weren't high on him but I have found many, many uses for him in lots of different content.

Would you not ask someone who had scaled Everest for advice before setting off yourself?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest
    Well I've been told she isn't as effective without being awakened and 200 sig.

So what now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest

So what now?
    You go to auntmai, see if her sig 0, 1, 100, and 200 are desirable to you and then you make your decision.
  • Options
    People don’t tend to understand that resources are limited. How many % of players in the game currently have a spare 6* tech AG let alone 200 sig stones just lying around?

I would guess less than 1%.
  • Options

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest

So what now?
    You go to auntmai, see if her sig 0, 1, 100, and 200 are desirable to you and then you make your decision.
    But how does that tell you what’s it like in actual gameplay?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest

So what now?
    You use the numbers and the words to figure that out
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    But each of those climbers did it under circumstances that are very likely to differ from your own. So while you can keep their advice in mind, you have to test things for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

The point is that you can't just do 5 minutes of testing, go on youtube to look for a video and mention only the points that are biased towards your claim. You have to test the champion extensively on your own before coming to the forums and parroting the thoughts of other youtubers without an actual argument.
    How do I test her awakened or even high sig without wasting an awakening gem or valuable signstones?
    Simple. Use lower rarities. It's the same concept.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Judging by the results I’m seeing in my alliance, she’s an excellent champion. She skipped the hype train, just like Kate Bishop did but a lot of the game’s best champions weren’t initially appreciated.

As an aside, you would receive a far more positive response from people if you weren’t so confrontational. People aren’t obligated to spend their time helping
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I think she’s great. I’d never turn down a tune up for any of my favourite characters but I think she’s performing well where she’s at.

She’s been a constant in my team this AW season and she’s been putting in tons of work.

For BG’s you have to be more strategic where and when you use her. There are champs and healthpools she won’t be able to burst down.
  • Options

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest

So what now?
    I’ve been told constantly in this thread to “use the champ”. Now you’re telling me to just read the description and “figure it out”?

Which is it?
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Anyone been using her?

Think.

Simple. Use lower rarities. It's the same concept.
    I haven't got her in other rarities.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    We got x2 free Awaken gems. A Class and Generic. Use the generic if you dont have a tech gem and test her. The gem was free since you're paragon
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest

So what now?
    I’ve been told constantly in this thread to “use the champ”. Now you’re telling me to just read the description and “figure it out”?

Which is it?
    Figuring it out requires actually using the champ for yourself.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I have her at r3 and still her base stats need some improvement imo. I like the route they went with her, makes her unique but she’ll pay dearly for any mishap that’s not your doing. Gameplay is still inconsistent and I believe it’s here to stay. Ex, parry timing messes her up from time to time with block damage.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★

People don’t tend to understand that resources are limited. How many % of players in the game currently have a spare 6* tech AG let alone 200 sig stones just lying around?

I would guess less than 1%.

I have three
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    I gave one tech AG to viv and r3'd her because I had tech t5cc expiring, she's sig 1 and doing some decent damage. Didn't know she needed max sig though. I would've saved the gem for ghost or used it on ultron. Got two more so not heartbroken.
  • Options

We got x2 free Awaken gems. A Class and Generic. Use the generic if you dont have a tech gem and test her. The gem was free since you're paragon

Yeah but how about the 200 sig stones?

Also I’m saving the generic for other champs.

I got a mystic with the class one.
  • Options

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    My post got sent to approval so it may double up, but the issue here is that you’re not asking for advice. You pulled a champ, saw other people’s gameplay and then immediately asked if she should be buffed. If you had asked for advice, this and the mantis thread would likely have gone a better route.
    Mantis eventually got a buff so the devs obviously agreed.
  • Options

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    To compare this thread and your example, you'd be asking if Everest should be higher before ever learning to scale a mountain.

You've not played with Viv Vision yourself. You've watched a few videos on her. You already think she's underwhelming because of those videos. You're asking if she needs a buff but somehow are bringing in that you have limited resources and using hashtags like a out of touch grown adult would who have never used them before.

You're problem isn't whether she needs a buff or you want to know how to play her, your problem is you just want to argue with people.
    It would be more like could it be done without equipments and Sir Edmond Hillary said that “No it couldn’t” ..

Hence I’d rather wait to save up for more equipments before setting out or wait for the task to become easier (she gets a buff).
This discussion has been closed.