Options

The new victory track changes arent as good as they seemed?

Comments

• Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    altavista said:

"I played to round three purposely"

For sure mate

Yeah, I don't really understand this. You are .... prolonging the fight so that the poor sap on the other end gets their hope raised by a second round victory, so that you can stomp them out in the third round? That is pretty villainous.

I know when I am overmatched and the opponent has a much stronger roster than I, I appreciate being able to just lose two rounds, get 1 match completion towards my objective, and move on with my day.
    Throwing rounds are a thing... it's called playing smart.
  • Options
    DL864 said:

Anly said:

DL864 said:

Anly said:

DL864 said:

Anly said:

DL864 said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

Wait, the premise of this post was that the "changes" didn't improve matchmaking?

That wasn't a part of it, was it?

The premise was that the changes could have made matchmaking worse

Atleast for lower accounts
    You're lying.
    What...? How was that a lie?
    Prove your not lying post a ss of your match history
    Here's as low as i can go on the match history, i played for a little while today, and here are 2 of the accounts i faced which werent even anywhere near the lowest i saw.

Well this definitely doesn't look like what you were describing looks like you had one disconnect and one quit before the match started.
    Like i said that's as far down as i can go
    But out of the 6 matches you show 4 came down to the wire. So this is not the massacre you were saying. Obviously these guys had skill if they were so overwhelmed by the account size differences. I'm really not understanding the reason for your post. You are a couple of tiers before GC. I faced top accounts before I got to GC that had 4 r5 6* and the rest r4s accounts. I have 1 r5 and 12 r4s so by what your saying is that I should never have had to face them? I don't see how that would be far.
    Out of the 6, 3 were low accounts and no they did not come down to the wire i simply played to round 3 purposely

I had 5 or so matches before these and 3 left on the ban screen and they were much lower than the accounts you can see in the picture, accounts with 4 stars in their decks and below 10k pi champs

I noticed the low accounts all the way up until about d2 where it slowed down and in d1 it has stopped, for now atleast.
    Yup not buying any of this. You're making this big of a deal with little to no evidence. You now claim it happened the whole season but again you have 2 SS and 6 matches as evidence. Then proceed to tell me 16.2 prestige accounts vs 19.5k prestige account that's also masters aw is not that big of a difference. Lmao. It doesn't work like that. You have a wonderful day. I'm done here you proved my point thanks.
    I didnt say it happened the whole season why are you making stuff up? And no it's not so big a difference that you have no chance of winning
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

@AngelMcNugget So when i make a point of my own it's arguing for the sake of arguing? but that only goes for me?

Read the title of the post...

This isn't a negative argument, you're the only one who is seeing it that way, not every argument is negative, maybe get your head out of your

I saw you comment this earlier and a mod already took it down, so you came all the way back here to repost it and tagged me? Just let it go, man.
    No, im right, you're wrong, im tired of you coming to my posts commenting stuff that's just so wrong, you do this way to much, you have this false picture in your head painting me as the villain, and for what? Because you thought you were right about something you were very wrong about, and refuse to change your mind because god forbid you're ever wrong, your so ignorant you seem to think you have the most experience in the room when in reality you have the least, every comment of yours i see is just so unbelievably slow, and im not saying that to be mean, it really just is, you seem to think that you know everything about the game and know what's going on in everyones heads.

because everything i post is automatically something malicious because i was the one who posted it, it would be remotely fine if you actually had a legitimate reason, but you're entire reason is because of a post i made weeks ago, one that you were wrong about, not just the battlegrounds timer one but the titania one as well, you were wrong in both.

This was a normal discussion before you came in here just being hostile, but you dont wanna take responsibility for it.
    Chill with the grudge, man. Nobody's disagreeing with you because of some thread you made weeks back. We're disagreeing because we don't agree. Nothing you just said was relevant to your own thread in the slightest.
    Oh really? No grudge? If that's the case then reply to everyone like you reply to me.

The problem isn't that you're disagreeing i dont care, you didnt provide anything meaningful to the post, if you look closely at the title there's something at the end of it, it's called a question mark, instead providing an actual educated thought or an opinion you opted to be hostile.
  • Options
    Look at every single one of my comments and tell me how many disagrees are justified, then tell me there isnt a grudge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Anly said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

@AngelMcNugget So when i make a point of my own it's arguing for the sake of arguing? but that only goes for me?

This isn't a negative argument, you're the only one who is seeing it that way, not every argument is negative, maybe get your head out of your

I saw you comment this earlier and a mod already took it down, so you came all the way back here to repost it and tagged me? Just let it go, man.
    No, im right, you're wrong, im tired of you coming to my posts commenting stuff that's just so wrong, you do this way to much, you have this false picture in your head painting me as the villain, and for what? Because you thought you were right about something you were very wrong about, and refuse to change your mind because god forbid you're ever wrong, your so ignorant you seem to think you have the most experience in the room when in reality you have the least, every comment of yours i see is just so unbelievably slow, and im not saying that to be mean, it really just is, you seem to think that you know everything about the game and know what's going on in everyones heads.

because everything i post is automatically something malicious because i was the one who posted it, it would be remotely fine if you actually had a legitimate reason, but you're entire reason is because of a post i made weeks ago, one that you were wrong about, not just the battlegrounds timer one but the titania one as well, you were wrong in both.

This was a normal discussion before you came in here just being hostile, but you dont wanna take responsibility for it.
    Chill with the grudge, man. Nobody's disagreeing with you because of some thread you made weeks back. We're disagreeing because we don't agree. Nothing you just said was relevant to your own thread in the slightest.
    Oh really? No grudge? If that's the case then reply to everyone like you reply to me.

The problem isn't that you're disagreeing i dont care, you didnt provide anything meaningful to the post, if you look closely at the title there's something at the end of it, it's called a question mark, instead providing an actual educated thought or an opinion you opted to be hostile.
    I asked you multiple questions about your opinion on the Battlegrounds matchmaking, and you opted to insult me instead. I never mentioned anything aside from the contents of this specific thread.
    Anly said:

Look at every single one of my comments and tell me how many disagrees are justified, then tell me there isnt a grudge.

"Disagrees" are just an unimportant number that your comment gains when someone pushes a button. It means nothing, just ignore it.
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

I asked you multiple questions about your opinion on the Battlegrounds matchmaking, and you opted to insult me instead. I never mentioned anything aside from the contents of this specific thread.
    Why do you think i said read the title of the post

Your question tilted toward the narrative that this post is useless and dumb and everything i say is wrong, the post is a question in which people were meant to share their own experiences this season, i do not know if they are actually being unfairly matched that's why i made the post.

Instead of actually making an attempt at answering the question you basically said "this post is dumb"

you came in here being hostile and condecending
  • Options

I would be more tempted to engage and explain the workings of the current matchmaking system, how that system has been debated to death already in the forums, and how the new system has actually been built on a lot of well thought out comments by people like DNA, who reasonably explained it to you, if this thread were more constructive and involved less belittling.

My question is, do you have a better way to do BGs matchmaking? Do you know why they do it this way?

Also, PI does not determine how good or worthy an opponent is. You seem to lump accounts with 5/65 champs on their rosters as "low level accounts"..... they certainly aren't endgame but 5/65 sig 200 (which can show up as ~10k PI) can still be comparable and competitive to R3 6* champs.

So im not allowed to explain my own point? When DNA talks i should just take it and shut up?

I didnt say pi determines it i was simply pointing out how low pi their champs were

A deck with mostly 5 stars is a low level account and like i said i still faced 2 matches where they had 4 stars in their deck and the other 3 barely had 5/65's and R2's and my first 5 matches of the day were uc or low level cav accounts.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    What is your proposed solution?
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

Why do you think i said read the title of the post

Your question tilted toward the narrative that this post is useless and dumb and everything i say is wrong, the post is a question in which people were meant to share their own experiences this season, i do not know if they are actually being unfairly matched that's why i made the post.

Instead of actually making an attempt at answering the question you basically said "this post is dumb"

you came in here being hostile and condecending
    I never said that any of this post was dumb, but I do think the way you were arguing over the intentions of the random strangers you matched with was going nowhere. So I asked multiple questions about your actual opinion, and you've yet to answer them. If the tone of my questions was hostile and condescending, then that's my bad. But you decided to handle my legitimate questions with irrelevant insults. The title of the post means nothing to me, I asked you the questions I wanted to know about your perspective on Battlegrounds matchmaking, and that's that. If you don't wanna answer them, then I'm not interested in arguing over your online reputation and I'll see my way out of it.
    You didn't say it but it was heavily implied
    I wasnt arguing about their intentions, i was simply telling them that that's not what happened or that it was very unlikely.

To simply put it a better matchmaking system would be the GC matchmaking system

I do not understand why it is designed the way it is

Im not sure if people are being improperly matched, which was the point of the post

Im not sure if they are really being affected thats why i made this post.

Quitting would not be the reason they're stuck, even fighting an account my size, the win percentage is so low you cant actually justify playing the match, even i have a hard time playing against accounts with less of a gap in roster size
  • Options
    I wonder how many people read what i said, or do they just click disagree as soon as they see my name.
  • Options
    Hort4 said:

What is your proposed solution?

Solution to what exactly? I still dont know if the problem is an actual problem.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★
    "The new victory track changes arent as good as they seemed?"

No changes happened to matchmaking. Yet that's what you are complaining about.

If you had said something like "tier changes may have caused an unintended imbalance", that might've been a valid argument (but you are still going to be matched in a tier so it all works out in the end).

Your initial post was confusing.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I hear your concern. I just think it's too soon to tell. So far, the results have been successful.
    Another point to consider is that they're also working on a way to streamline your results from Season to Season in some form. Not sure if that means starting where you left off or one or more below, but there are other pieces in the works. This is one phase.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,917 Guardian
    You’re onto 3 pages worth of posts, which have probably been explained correctly numerous times already.

If you waited until very late in the month before starting to do BG's, then most people who care about BG (especially stronger acct's) will have already moved well past the bottom tiers of BG.

So the acct's left in the lower tiers are those lesser accounts who are more casual, don’t play it much, or who actually have but have such a lower roster that they don’t get too many wins.

So coming in as a stronger person such as yourself (..) you'd probably be hard to have a similar person also coming in new (and at the same time as you are playing). And so get matched against much lower accounts (for the most part, the ONLY other accounts still in lower tiers).

If you started BG early in the month, when everyone was starting out, then you would have gotten many more matches against stronger accounts (and yes, probably still some lower ones, until you started moving up in Tiers).

Right now, you’re fighting the “leftover” accounts.
  • Options

"The new victory track changes arent as good as they seemed?"

No changes happened to matchmaking. Yet that's what you are complaining about.

If you had said something like "tier changes may have caused an unintended imbalance", that might've been a valid argument (but you are still going to be matched in a tier so it all works out in the end).

Your initial post was confusing.

Changes to medal distribution may have had a substantial impact on matchmaking.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

You get smashed with disagrees because you spam the forum with nonsense posts, then tell everyone who doesn’t agree with you that they’re bad players and they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Thoroughly childish.
    How are my posts nonsense but others arent? What makes my posts any different?

I guess posting every other day is spamming?

Out of all of my posts i count 2 in total there were stupid but i could be wrong so id like you to take a look for yourself tell me exactly which ones are nonsense?

I've never once called someone bad because they disagreed with me, you're reaching if you actually believe i did, if i called someone bad, i have a legitimate reason and it is provoked or ill say "with all do respect" and put it in the nicest way possible

i think you think that i care about people disagreeing with me, i like it when people disagree and share their own thoughts and are being constructive, i dont like it when people disagree based on past events that they were wrong about, which is exactly what you're doing.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

You get smashed with disagrees because you spam the forum with nonsense posts, then tell everyone who doesn’t agree with you that they’re bad players and they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Thoroughly childish.
    I've never once called someone bad because they disagreed with me, you're reaching if you actually believe i did, if i called someone bad, i have a legitimate reason and it is provoked or ill say "with all do respect" and put it in the nicest way possible

Well this is awkward…

Best ever, this u?, I've ever seen. 🤣
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

Thoroughly childish.

Well this is awkward…

Yet you're failing to realize why i said what i said?
    You're only looking at what i said and not what they said...?

They clearly came into my post basically saying "skill issue" clearly being hostile so i said that as to tell them to leave.

they're allowed to provoke with no retaliation?
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

Anly said:

Thoroughly childish.

Well this is awkward…

That last one really harkens back well to the comment about people holding grudges because of other posts. Foot in mouth is a rough condition.
    "Seems like skill-based matchmaking working as intended"

So you're telling me, they get to come to my post, say whatever they want and thats cool?

Instead of being constructive, they opted for an insult and thats okay? Im the villain?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    This has nothing to do with Battlegrounds matchmaking
This discussion has been closed.