“Preview” issue in SQ

Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Member Posts: 89 ★★
Isn’t the point of preview to give us a chance to scope out the defenders so we can plan our team?

If so, add that it’s not working in SQ to the list of bugs in the game.

In an event that has an entry fee that is not refunded, you’d think we should be able to preview the quest, see that it has certain classes, select our team accordingly and enter the quest without the defenders changing. Yes they’re hidden, but that shouldn’t matter. If it does matter, why have the preview option?

I previewed Threat Level 5 and saw 1 Cosmic, 2 Skill, 1 Science, 2 Mystic and 1 Tech.

When I entered, there was 1 Cosmic, 1 Skill, 2 Science, 0 Mystic and 3 Tech.

Not an end of the world problem, but is it too much to ask for something in this damn game to work properly?

And before the usual suspects ask for screenshots, no, of course I don’t have any. Why would anyone think to take screenshots of that on their first go?

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    The defenders are random. That’s simply how this SQ works and was designed. I’ve been bringing a team of Angela, CGR, Nick, Torch and Doom and they’ve been able to cover whatever pops up. Really as long as you have a cosmic with buffs and a bleed champ at all times you will be fine.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    No, when there is a Limited # of Entry Fees to use on Side Quests, and (I believe) the exact nodes are random or cycle thru defenders each time you complete it (or, with some quests, each Day they will reset even if you have been unable to defeat that quest with it's current champs one day, see previous LABS).

To be able to Preview what the exact random champs will be for that particular entrance would defeat that purpose.

I think in earlier times, the Preview button wasn’t even visible for those type of quests.
    So maybe they are now letting you preview it just from the standpoint of seeing the layout, how many nodes there are, knowing energy cost, seeing if there are multiple branches, etc.
    But WITHOUT being able to see the actual defenders, which are HIDDEN because it is a Limited Entry side quest.
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Member Posts: 153

While you can’t see exactly which defenders are going to be on your path, they’ve added this new nifty button during Preview allowing you to see which five defenders will potentially be on each node. You can scroll through those and find which ones would be most problematic for you, and plan for that contingency.

Thanks never even saw that. This could be very helpful
  • Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Member Posts: 89 ★★

While you can’t see exactly which defenders are going to be on your path, they’ve added this new nifty button during Preview allowing you to see which five defenders will potentially be on each node. You can scroll through those and find which ones would be most problematic for you, and plan for that contingency.

I never knew that was there. Thank you.
  • Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Member Posts: 89 ★★

No, when there is a Limited # of Entry Fees to use on Side Quests, and (I believe) the exact nodes are random or cycle thru defenders each time you complete it (or, with some quests, each Day they will reset even if you have been unable to defeat that quest with it's current champs one day, see previous LABS).

To be able to Preview what the exact random champs will be for that particular entrance would defeat that purpose.

I think in earlier times, the Preview button wasn’t even visible for those type of quests.
    So maybe they are now letting you preview it just from the standpoint of seeing the layout, how many nodes there are, knowing energy cost, seeing if there are multiple branches, etc.
    But WITHOUT being able to see the actual defenders, which are HIDDEN because it is a Limited Entry side quest.

I wasn’t referring to the exact champs, just that the class shown in preview remains the same when entering.