**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Are you happy with how the OG Spiderman buff turned out?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 901 ★★★★
    No
    Got to say I'm a bit jealous of anyone who got him as a 7*. Not that I should really complain about my 7* crystal luck, even if they aren't champions I normally use, but I was hoping for a 7* Spider-Man.

I think it's great that there are differing views, and this thread has been worth reading end to end because of the nature of the comments.

But anyway, back to the buff. I think the fact that it requires awakening and arguably a decent or high Sig is a problem that affects the ability for more players to appreciate the buff fully. And it was right to call out RoL as not the best place to showcase him - taking my 6* R3 Sig 40 against WS was incredibly disappointing.

I just wish that his base Taunts lasted just a little longer. Or if he paused his Taunt Debuffs for one second on a Well-Timed Block, or something. It would make him so much nicer to use unawakened or at low Sig. Maybe we'll get a relic that will help, just like I keep saying about DDHK.

I think a small and subtle change could make a big difference to many people's perceptions of the buff and his ease of use.
  • Options
    HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 113
    No
    @BitterSteel Which of the recent buffs do u consider bad ?
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    No
    He is certainly better, but if you have any of the top 5 science champs, you are not wasting a roster spot on Spidey...
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Yes

@BitterSteel Which of the recent buffs do u consider bad ?

What counts as recent to you?
  • Options
    Yes
    you guys should really check out Spidey with the new Sp2099 Relic, it makes him permanently immune to dex buff - like Silk/Quicksilver. That's some super valuable utility right there to add on everything he has already

He's also really been crushing it in BGs for me, he can't do this new meta unfortunately since not able to parry, but as soon as i can use him again I absolutely will!
  • Options
    Yes
    BeastDad said:

He is certainly better, but if you have any of the top 5 science champs, you are not wasting a roster spot on Spidey...

Eh, I have an alliance mate and a buddy in 4Loki who have R2s and have been absolutely crushing with him. Check out BMcG's channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0RZ8-ExP7E

and I've done my own showcase in Bgs here

https://youtu.be/5oPgvi-9ntc

I consistently run BG decks with 6-8 science champs, so he really does make my deck (for context I'm usually C6/5). Maybe for some they wouldn't want to use him over other science champs, but depending on roster you may have him as a 7* duped and he'd be worth R2 in my mind easily. Mystic champs are such a threat you want people who can handle them perfectly. So Spidey is super useful to me, and gets great scores.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    No

BeastDad said:

Eh, I have an alliance mate and a buddy in 4Loki who have R2s and have been absolutely crushing with him. Check out BMcG's channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0RZ8-ExP7E

I consistently run BG decks with 6-8 science champs, so he really does make my deck (for context I'm usually C6/5). Maybe for some they wouldn't want to use him over other science champs, but depending on roster you may have him as a 7* duped and he'd be worth R2 in my mind easily. Mystic champs are such a threat you want people who can handle them perfectly. So Spidey is super useful to me, and gets great scores.
    If you have og hulk and Titania at 7* rank 2, I’m not wasting a spot on spidey.
  • Options
    Yes
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

If you have og hulk and Titania at 7* rank 2, I’m not wasting a spot on spidey.
    I’m not telling you you’re wrong, just want to point out that you don’t have to stick with 2 science champs

I have Hulk, Titania and Spidey in my deck, along with QS, Spot and Cassie. A lot of them work for a huge range, not just mystics, while also dominating mystics.

I mean, Hulk and Titania imo are the two of the most wide ranging champs who work for such a variety of champs in all of BGs.

But ultimately, I do understand why people don’t think Spidey is the top, top tier and I’m not trying to persuade anyone to replace him for one of the best 30 champs. Just give him a chance if he works for a meta, like the unstoppable one we’ve just had.

I’m also not trying to persuade you he’s top 5, I was more pointing out about “wasting” a roster spot on Spidey, because it’s really not wasted if he’s doing what I’ve seen him do.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    No
    SpiderMan OG should have gotten a significant critical rating upgrade. He’s critical hits are weak
  • Options
    No
    @BitterSteel Let me rephrase, which of the reworks do u think are bad, or which rework does not make the champ viable. What I am saying is spidey buff is one that fell short they could have done so much better but did not. It is OG spidey and they did him dirty. Since he is available as 7 star most ppl wont rank up their 6 star and by the time ppl get him to decent sig many more 7 star science champs will come into contest and everyone will forget about their spidey let alone use him. Spidey will just be another psychoman who noone cares because he needs high sig
  • Options
    No
    @BitterSteel R2 resources are very rare, wont be using them on a champ who needs high sig when I can do hulk or tit or even joe is better at low sig, please don't picture him as an op champ and waste people's resources. By time R2 resources become more viable spidey will be a goner more champs would have entered 7 star pool.
  • Options
    No
    He is the weakest science champ in 7 star pool rn, maybe better than gwen if awakened. Do u disagree?
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 901 ★★★★
    No
    As said elsewhere, I don't think it's a bad buff per se, just not a great one. While it's not and was never going to be a Red Mags level, I think it's fair to say that it's not on the Hulk level either. I hope that I pull a 7* at some point, partly for collecting but also because I'd like him in my roster.

Instead, I think Classic Spidey is on a DDHK level. Consider the following:

This champion benefits from being awakened and high Sig. He benefits greatly from certain synergies to support his average damage output. This champion does have some specific utility but wouldn't be considered an all-rounder or a 'go to' champion in most circumstances as there are many better options, including in his own class. To unlock his potential he requires a specific rotation. The champion is a fan favourite character with a rich Marvel backstory.

Who am I talking about? Could be either.
  • Options
    Yes

@BitterSteel Let me rephrase, which of the reworks do u think are bad, or which rework does not make the champ viable. What I am saying is spidey buff is one that fell short they could have done so much better but did not. It is OG spidey and they did him dirty. Since he is available as 7 star most ppl wont rank up their 6 star and by the time ppl get him to decent sig many more 7 star science champs will come into contest and everyone will forget about their spidey let alone use him. Spidey will just be another psychoman who noone cares because he needs high sig

I think the DPXF one didn't really do much to make him relevant, I think the Psycho-Man tune up had a dramatically too small scope to fix the issues with his Kit.

The issue is, the Spidey re-work is not bad and it didn't.. not make him viable. A lot of people were just expecting a lot, lot more (IMO too much) and are now disappointed. Instead of taking a breath and a step back and looking at what he *can* do, they instead focus on what he *could* do.

I'll just address this myth that he needs high sig. He doesn't. If you take a look at the BGs video I posted above, everything there is unduped. If you take a look at BMcG's, he is low sig. Does he get better at high sig? Yes of course, he would be a fantastic investment for the future as you dupe him more. Is he absolutely awesome now at low sig? 100%. As long as you can double up decelerate, you can take all evade/unstoppable in the game.

Seriously, watch those vids and tell me he needs to be high sig to be useful, I'm showing 50-53k fights (old scoring) when he's unduped for crying out loud. Additionally, there are fights in the videos above where he doesn't even crit (also having the top 12% crit rate in the game, so you're going to see more damage output from him when you use him yourself.)

He really, truly doesn't need high sig, and I feel this is just another small thing that people who want to hate on Spidey hold up.

Asking me if he's the weakest science in the pool is a bit of a misdirection, because Science has by far the strongest pool of 7*s, where three are obvious top champs in the game - let alone the science pool of 7*s. Joe and Gwen are both incredible champs, I'd put Spidey's value at around the same as Joe and just above Gwen. But an argument could be made for Joe-Spidey-Gwen. In terms of 7*s overall, Spidey is much, much higher up the list.