**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Are you happy with how the OG Spiderman buff turned out?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

Granted, he *could* slap, but he’s synergy-reliant. And his utility doesn’t really do anything.

This is a champ in a 7-star pool, endgame, so I’m not sure what this kit is designed to do.

Please vote and leave your thoughts.

Are you happy with how the OG Spiderman buff turned out? 233 votes

Yes
20%
BitterSteelDob1616L_217evilKINGwilsonHendrossCassyCyborgNinja135dfmoore26Chuck_Canuck75Cyborg17RockyshockyPikoluDeaconBlackshadow0203FuskieBAStronggordopechochoEwell65SSS69H3t3rMaxwell24 47 votes
No
79%
Crine60Madman_marvinDL864BigPoppaCBONEDrZolaKingLotusDarkestDestroyerMegaSkater67MagicBentonGrandOldKaiKeonexErza_ScarletISO8PotatoSpity68SighsohardKaruseusAce_03TendersquadzuffySIlverProfessor 186 votes

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,022 Guardian
    Yes
    He is very good, but also pretty reliant on his sig for his web debuffs to be more useful.
  • Options
    No
    His ramp up sucks though. Apply enough webbing which is AI dependent, so you need about 5 SP1s to be safe and start building up to SP2s, which rarely crit. So the whole rotation is anticlimactic, and the debuffs … come on Kabam - you can do better than that.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 899 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    No
    Maybe view it more as an investment for the future rather than something that's going to make a significant difference to your account. But then again it's going to be a long while before your 7* is high enough Sig for it to be noticeable.

I wonder if there'll be a Relic or synergy in the future which helps - increases the duration of non-damaging Debuffs on the opponent or something.
  • Options
    No

Rookiie said:

you need about 5 SP1s to be safe and start building up to SP2s,

You typically need to use 2 - 3 at most.

He's 100% underrated currently - but in all honesty, he really does need to be duped.
    So for the time being you won't see much play from the unduped 7-star.

Hmm thanks for the lowdown Mike. I hope Kabam analyzes the data because he’s neither here nor there.

And this is Spiderman after all.
  • Options
    SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 205 ★★
    No
    I don't think many people know how to use him, how he works etc enough to have a fullly informed viewpoint on Spidey
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,436 ★★★★
    No
    It's ok but compared to other buff.. Gamora had 3 buff before they got her right.. Spiderman OG is ok but could have been better.. the evasion should have been higher than what it is, name it 'spider sense tingling' and most dangerous attacks or projectile can be evaded.. and more times used.. % decrease almost same as Hood invisibility.
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    No
    He is reliable attacker to fight against evade and unstoppable, however his build up is too long and takes high block dmg.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,769 ★★★★★
    No
    It's a champ who can slap and counter things, but the buildup is long and impractical.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Yes
    Kerneas said:

It's a champ who can slap and counter things, but the buildup is long and impractical.

Two sp1 and then one sp2 is a long build up?

The Spider-Man buff is extremely controversial for some reason. I get he’s a huge character and maybe the could have added some more utility but it’s hard to say his buff was a a flop. He went from useless to a champ with some solid utility, good damage, and great control over the fight, thanks to his taunts.

I personally like his buff and new playstyle, the only thing keeping me from investing in him is the fact he’s in the 7 star pool.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    No

Kerneas said:

The Spider-Man buff is extremely controversial for some reason. I get he’s a huge character and maybe the could have added some more utility but it’s hard to say his buff was a a flop. He went from useless to a champ with some solid utility, good damage, and great control over the fight, thanks to his taunts.

I personally like his buff and new playstyle, the only thing keeping me from investing in him is the fact he’s in the 7 star pool.

What, are you talking about 200k healthpools? We’re in a 500k meta, man.

To get most out of Spidey you need 6+ webbing, which is 3 SP1s, and the opponents move a lot so you need 4-5 in the bank to reliably keep it at 6 and control the fight.

Then, you get to your SP2s, and there are no guaranteed crits, and your taunts fall off really quickly and are RNG-dependent.

Plus, he needs synergies to be optimized.

The only thing that’s contributing to the controversy are people happy about this buff, but hey. Do you.

Edit: he is also heavily reliant on his dupe to stack his debuffs and high sig to prolong his taunts, so that doesn’t help either.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,769 ★★★★★
    No

Kerneas said:

For damage burst - no, the buildup is fine
    To gain control over fight - yes, it's too long
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

Rookiie said:

Kerneas said:

May I introduce you to battlegrounds and war
    Willpower
    (I dont know about the Buff but i guess i you change your masteries to that one mastery that benefites void)
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,760 ★★★★★
    No
    These are nice insights @BitterSteel

Makes me less depressed about my 7* OGSM.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 825 ★★★★
    No
    I wish you didn’t proc his sp1 all the time. Ability to choose would have made him much better. There are lots of situations where you don’t want a taunt.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    edited June 2023
    Yes
    I do like his buff but I hate his play style. 2 sp1 and a sp2 is kinda just slow and his combat power rate is pretty bad. Not to great in BGs because his sp1 applies a lot of debuffs and on his basics as well. If the opponent has willpower healing you probably won't be doing as much and even if you do get off a sp2, there just going to heal some of it. So yes I do like his damage, but not his play style so I'm half yes and no
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,022 Guardian
    Yes

Rookiie said:

Kerneas said:

Willpower
    (I dont know about the Buff but i guess i you change your masteries to that one mastery that benefites void)
    Willpower on defense for BGs is nerfed down to the OG health pool of the champion. This is very easy to see when they run ouchie masteries and are taking like 600 damage per tick from poison while only healing 130. So mix that with despair and they really won't be healing much at all from willpower.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

Rookiie said:

Kerneas said:

Willpower
    Use despair, lots of science champions have lots of debuffs, you could make that argument against Titania, Cassie, Quicksilver, overseer, hulk etc
    Yes that i forgot its name