**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Fix paragon crystals drop rates

Comments

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,871 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Dalbeniw said:

As someone who has opened a few crystals, the drop rates on paragon crystals have been worse than cavs for 6*s. Something isn't right.

Which drop rates? Paragon crystals are mainly for the slim-to-none chance to get 7* champs. The 6* drop rate, which is 8%, is higher than the cav nexus, which was only 3%. So clarify which one you're talking about? The 7* or the 6*?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,031 Guardian
    noclutch said:

noclutch said:

noclutch said:

You know there is 0.2% chance to get 7 star from a one crystal,
    Since opening multiple crystals dont stack the chance of getting a 7star,
    Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.

Not exactly. The more crystals you open the more chance you have you might get at least one 7*. It's not 99.8% of not getting a 7* if you open 10 crystals
    The chance does not increase. However the probability of getting a 7 star does increase with each crystal.
    Isn't probability just the mathematical specific number for what we say is chance?
    Here is an example,
    The chance of you getting a head or tail is 50-50.
    However if you get two heads or tails consecutively, the probablity of you getting another head goes down, yet chance remains the same.

In simple words, Probability is likeliness of a specific result compared to/with multiple results.
    I'm not sure if this is a misunderstanding or just a miswording, but this is false.

Probability is generally defined to be the odds of a particular outcome occurring *before* the events occur. There's no such thing as the probability of something that already happened. The probability of something happening that actually happened is 100%.

If you have a fair coin that has a 50% chance of landing heads or tails, the odds of getting a head is 50%. If you flip that coin and get heads twice in a row, the odds of getting heads again is still 50%. Each coin flip has the same 50% chance to land heads or tails. Statistically speaking, we say coin flips don't have memories. The coin doesn't remember it came up heads before, and it doesn't care for future flips.

The odds of a coin landing heads three times in a row before we flip it is one in eight. It is of course less likely to land heads three times in a row than landing heads just once. That's because there are two possibilities for one coin flip - heads or tails - and one out of two of those is heads, so there's a one in two chance for that happening. There are eight possibilities for three flips in a row - HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT - and only one of those is three heads. So there's a one in eight chance for getting three heads in a row.

BUT if you flip a coin twice and get two heads, that doesn't mean the odds of getting the third head is one in eight. It is still one in two. That's because there are only two possibilities: HHH and HHT. All other possibilities are now impossible.

We say the probability of getting a 7* drop increases with the number of crystals you open. But no matter how many crystals you open, *if* you don't get a 7* champ the odds do not get better or worse in future crystals. Similarly, if you get two heads in a row, the odds of getting another head does not go down, it remains exactly the same.

"Chance" is usually a colloquial term. Probability is generally a mathematical term with a precise mathematical definition. But in this sort of usage, chance and probability essentially mean the same thing.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 761 ★★★
    Drops rates are definitely off, opened 20 today nothing better than a five star. Opened maybe one six star in the last 50 or so. Problem is there is nowhere to really report or do anything about it. Kabam controls all refund options and will just cripple your account if you report an issue. It really is time for the whales to step up and do something cause the only time Kabam acknowledges something off like this is when they stop spending. This has been a proven fact for years.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★

Drops rates are definitely off, opened 20 today nothing better than a five star. Opened maybe one six star in the last 50 or so. Problem is there is nowhere to really report or do anything about it. Kabam controls all refund options and will just cripple your account if you report an issue. It really is time for the whales to step up and do something cause the only time Kabam acknowledges something off like this is when they stop spending. This has been a proven fact for years.

What you just described is completely normal.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

So you opened 20 crystals which each has a 91% chance to give a 4* or 5* and you somehow think this proves the drop rates are definitely off.... really?
  • Options

So you opened 20 crystals which each has a 91% chance to give a 4* or 5* and you somehow think this proves the drop rates are definitely off.... really?
    Yep, cause percentages are based off a whole number ie 100. If you give an 8% chance for said champ 1 out of 12 should be that. However kabam like to base chances for each crystal off each individual crystal instead of the culmination of a group. This way they can get around the fact you don’t get the correct drop rates because they make up their own rules and definitions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Yep, cause percentages are based off a whole number ie 100. If you give an 8% chance for said champ 1 out of 12 should be that. However kabam like to base chances for each crystal off each individual crystal instead of the culmination of a group. This way they can get around the fact you don’t get the correct drop rates because they make up their own rules and definitions.
    This is exactly how most lootboxes and even just regular chance based game features work. The drop rates are entirely correct only, like you said, based off of each individual crystal. You know what you paid for, I'm not sure how you can really blame Kabam at this point.
  • Options

This is exactly how most lootboxes and even just regular chance based game features work. The drop rates are entirely correct only, like you said, based off of each individual crystal. You know what you paid for, I'm not sure how you can really blame Kabam at this point.
    I’m not blaming kabam for me knowing I’m gonna not get anything. I blame them for misleading people who don’t know the kabam definition of percent. When it only displays a percent that equals to 100 total, it appears to represent something other than what it really is.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    This Diskussion will only end wenn this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/11i54uo/austrian_court_rules_against_sonyea_in_lootbox/

Will make EU law in the High court.

• Options

I’m not blaming kabam for me knowing I’m gonna not get anything. I blame them for misleading people who don’t know the kabam definition of percent. When it only displays a percent that equals to 100 total, it appears to represent something other than what it really is.
    This isn't a "Kabam definition" this is literally just how lootboxes work, and it is explained in game.
    Notice the "Each Cavalier Crystal" part? That specifically states that chances are based off of individual crystals. This isn't new, this isn't wrong, this is just how it works. Most people aren't confused by this.
    If it wasn’t trying to be misleading then it wouldn’t even post percentages. It would flat out just say you get this with a chance at something else. The percentages allow you to believe something that isn’t true. Also you keep going back to other games. While yes this is nothing new most other games I have ever seen have a percent based chance that is based on 1 out of whatever. Heck they even have a pity timer in some.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

This isn't a "Kabam definition" this is literally just how lootboxes work, and it is explained in game.
    Notice the "Each Cavalier Crystal" part? That specifically states that chances are based off of individual crystals. This isn't new, this isn't wrong, this is just how it works. Most people aren't confused by this.
    If it wasn’t trying to be misleading then it wouldn’t even post percentages. It would flat out just say you get this with a chance at something else. The percentages allow you to believe something that isn’t true. Also you keep going back to other games. While yes this is nothing new most other games I have ever seen have a percent based chance that is based on 1 out of whatever. Heck they even have a pity timer in some.
    They post the percentages so that the players know the exact percentage chances to pull the star level we're going for. If they didn't, they could lower the percentage of getting a 7* to .002% and we would have no idea. The way these crystals work is obvious and explained in game. There's not much more they can do for you.
  • Options

They post the percentages so that the players know the exact percentage chances to pull the star level we're going for. If they didn't, they could lower the percentage of getting a 7* to .002% and we would have no idea. The way these crystals work is obvious and explained in game. There's not much more they can do for you.
    I’m sorry but if you believe the rates are what they say then you have been seriously mislead. The notion that you have only a %1 chance to pull a 7* from each individual crystal would all but guarantee you never get one. Also based on the fact that the 4 and 5 star champ gain equals out to roughly what is displayed on the percentage, a logical conclusion would be made that opening around 100 would get you a 7* which again is simply not the case.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★

I’m sorry but if you believe the rates are what they say then you have been seriously mislead. The notion that you have only a %1 chance to pull a 7* from each individual crystal would all but guarantee you never get one. Also based on the fact that the 4 and 5 star champ gain equals out to roughly what is displayed on the percentage, a logical conclusion would be made that opening around 100 would get you a 7* which again is simply not the case.
    I don't get what you're arguing here. If people are interpreting it wrong because they don't understand statistics (and yes, universal statistics that don't differ from Kabam statistics - they are exactly the same) then that's on them for not doing research how it works. It's very clearly stated in the description what the chances are. Logical conclusions are wrong because a lot of people are biased when it comes to statistics and feel something should be right because it feel intuitively right, when it just isn't.

I'm going to quote from another thread to respond to your last sentence: you have a 13,4% chance of getting zero 7 stars if you open 100 crystals. That's not a high percentage but still significant and very common.
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Same cost as the cavalier crystals, and this time it’s guaranteed to be at least a 4* champ. Why complain?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★

Not a single person who has played this game has ever been able to prove that the drop rates aren't what are stated. All these years that we've had the drop rates displayed and no one ever has been able to produce a shred of evidence that they aren't right. All that's ever been said is like what you've stated and that is you know it in your head but can't show it. You think a small opening is proof when it's not. 200 crystals is still a small sample. Even 1000 openings would be small compared to what's actually being opened out there.

Crystal drop rates have always been a per crystal drop and how many you open before and after have no bearing on each other. Opening 100 doesn't guarantee you a 7*. There is no reason for Kabam not to have them be anything other than what's displayed and it wouldn't be worth the legal problems if they were different.
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

noclutch said:

noclutch said:

noclutch said:

Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.

Not exactly. The more crystals you open the more chance you have you might get at least one 7*. It's not 99.8% of not getting a 7* if you open 10 crystals
    The chance does not increase. However the probability of getting a 7 star does increase with each crystal.
    Isn't probability just the mathematical specific number for what we say is chance?
    Here is an example,
    The chance of you getting a head or tail is 50-50.
    However if you get two heads or tails consecutively, the probablity of you getting another head goes down, yet chance remains the same.

In simple words, Probability is likeliness of a specific result compared to/with multiple results.
    I'm not sure if this is a misunderstanding or just a miswording, but this is false.

Probability is generally defined to be the odds of a particular outcome occurring *before* the events occur. There's no such thing as the probability of something that already happened. The probability of something happening that actually happened is 100%.

If you have a fair coin that has a 50% chance of landing heads or tails, the odds of getting a head is 50%. If you flip that coin and get heads twice in a row, the odds of getting heads again is still 50%. Each coin flip has the same 50% chance to land heads or tails. Statistically speaking, we say coin flips don't have memories. The coin doesn't remember it came up heads before, and it doesn't care for future flips.

The odds of a coin landing heads three times in a row before we flip it is one in eight. It is of course less likely to land heads three times in a row than landing heads just once. That's because there are two possibilities for one coin flip - heads or tails - and one out of two of those is heads, so there's a one in two chance for that happening. There are eight possibilities for three flips in a row - HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT - and only one of those is three heads. So there's a one in eight chance for getting three heads in a row.

BUT if you flip a coin twice and get two heads, that doesn't mean the odds of getting the third head is one in eight. It is still one in two. That's because there are only two possibilities: HHH and HHT. All other possibilities are now impossible.

We say the probability of getting a 7* drop increases with the number of crystals you open. But no matter how many crystals you open, *if* you don't get a 7* champ the odds do not get better or worse in future crystals. Similarly, if you get two heads in a row, the odds of getting another head does not go down, it remains exactly the same.

"Chance" is usually a colloquial term. Probability is generally a mathematical term with a precise mathematical definition. But in this sort of usage, chance and probability essentially mean the same thing.
    Thats False, chance and probability are two different things.

Lets go by the same example again.
    Chance of you getting a head or tail is 50%.

So after getting same result two times,
    the chance of you getting head or tail on third try is still 50%,
    but the probability of it happening for third time is 12.5%

Let me make it even simpler,
    The chance of getting one thing does not change with number of results
    but probability of getting one thing does change with number of results.

Chance/probability/odds/likeliness are often used in same manner but they are not same thing.

People often complain about not getting a 7star from paragon crystal because according to probability the likeliness of getting a 7star does increase with each crystal you open, but they disregard that the chance of not getting a 7star is 99%.

I think player should learn that drop chance of 1% or 0.2% is not a guarantee to get a single 7star even with 1000+crystal openings.
  • Options

noclutch said:

All you needed to do is to CLARIFY what you meant to say in above.
    (and let's ignore whether it is 1% or 0.2%, let’s just go with example above).

You just needed to revise it to clarify what I’m pretty sure you intended it to mean…

Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star **PER CRYSTAL** regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.

Instead of trying to justify something with a twist of wording afterwards.

The follow up of..
    Is just.. (well, there shouldn’t be a need to put out the Bat-signal for @DNA3000 )
    I intentional wrote 'regardless of number of crystal'

And if there is any inaccuracy I am open to being corrected,
    just like themistake I made remembering the percentage number of 1% for 7stars.

@SummonerNR
    There is no twisting of words,
    Its is straight up 99% chance at not getting a 7star regardless of the number of crystals you open.
    Mackey said:

Chance is the occurrence of events in the absence of any obvious intention or cause.

Probability is the likelihood of something happening

I hope @Mackey made it easier for you to understand if my words were difficult for you to understand, @AverageDesi
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,375 Guardian
    @noclutch , OK, I think maybe the intent of the original statement in question was meant a little different from what I initially thought you meant.

(quote)

Guess how I read it at first was that 99.8% chance regardless of number of crystals you open IN THE FUTURE.
    (and so needed to have “per crystal” to clarified)

I think now what you were trying to say was 99.8% chance at not getting 7* ON YOUR NEXT PULL, regardless of number of crystals you HAVE ALREADY OPENED IN THE PAST.

Think the point of all is that because of original unclear intent, it was easily misunderstood as to whether it was an accurate statement.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

After getting the same result two times, the probability of getting that same result a third time is 50%. The probability of flipping heads three times in a row is 12.5%. But *after* you flip heads twice, the probability of flipping heads three times in a row is now 50% - because the other two flips do not influence future flips..

Mate,
    Anyone with proper understanding of probability will tell you that the probability of getting a head third time in a row is 12.5% and chance of you getting a head third time is still 50%.
    You are confused between chance and probability.

I don't know how to simple it down to you, but I will say this.
    The chances remains same and probability varies for the same outcome depending on the number of results you are calculating it for.

Also Odds and probability mean same thing while chance is completely different thing and should not be used is same manner if you want to be accurate.

You can find plenty of resource material to learn the difference between chance and probability. I can gave you a basic understanding with an example but I am not here to school it to you.
    And if anyone if teaching anyone is teaching you that the chance and probability are same thing, not only are they inaccurate but also wrong in their teaching. One might need a re-evaluation of their knowledge/understanding if they are teaching this to you.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,672 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

DNA3000 said:

After getting the same result two times, the probability of getting that same result a third time is 50%. The probability of flipping heads three times in a row is 12.5%. But *after* you flip heads twice, the probability of flipping heads three times in a row is now 50% - because the other two flips do not influence future flips..

Mate,
    Anyone with proper understanding of probability will tell you that the probability of getting a head third time in a row is 12.5% and chance of you getting a head third time is still 50%.

The chances remains same and probability varies for the same outcome depending on the number of results you are calculating it for.

Also Odds and probability mean same thing while chance is completely different thing and should not be used is same manner if you want to be accurate.

You can find plenty of resource material to learn the difference between chance and probability. I can gave you a basic understanding with an example but I am not here to school it to you.
    And if anyone if teaching anyone is teaching you that the chance and probability are same thing, not only are they inaccurate but also wrong in their teaching. One might need a re-evaluation of their knowledge/understanding if they are teaching this to you.
    You're right very rude forum person. That is how it would work. With the same coin. But crystals are not all the same coin. So the odds never change past what they are displayed as. There is no opportunity for a " x time in a row" situation here. 10 crystals are all different coins being flipped at the same time all with that first "50%" probability of hitting heads. To use your analogy
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

noclutch said:

DNA3000 said:

Mate,

You're right very rude forum person. That is how it would work. With the same coin. But crystals are not all the same coin. So the odds never change past what they are displayed as. There is no opportunity for a " x time in a row" situation here. 10 crystals are all different coins being flipped at the same time all with that first "50%" probability of hitting heads. To use your analogy
    Thats exactly what I said regarding crystals.
    He is confused about probability and chance and is calling it same thing.
    I just explained the difference with an example of coins.

I am not being rude, however if my words seem rude based on how you perceive it, then I am open to learn.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

ahmynuts said:

noclutch said:

DNA3000 said:

Mate,

I am not being rude, however if my words seem rude based on how you perceive it, then I am open to learn.
    Could you please provide a source that says that chance us for individual drops and probability strictly refers to collective drops where the previous drops have already happened?
  • Options

Could you please provide a source that says that chance us for individual drops and probability strictly refers to collective drops where the previous drops have already happened?

What exactly are you asking for? @AverageDesi
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

What exactly are you asking for? @AverageDesi

Something, anything, maybe a math paper or at least some website that uses chance and probability with the same meaning that you use
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

ahmynuts said:

noclutch said:

DNA3000 said:

Mate,

The difference is that chance is used in everyday situation without calculations. When you start to calculate something you enter the field of mathematics and it is called probability. I think this is the best way to explain it to you.

Source that I found explains it in the most easy way to understand it: https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-probability-and-vs-chance/
  • Options

Something, anything, maybe a math paper or at least some website that uses chance and probability with the same meaning that you use

Here is simple explanation stating the probability of getting a coin as head third time in a row is 12.5% that is 1/8
    https://www.cuemath.com/questions/if-a-coin-is-tossed-three-times-the-likelihood-of-obtaining-three-heads-in-a-row-is/

And here is a simple explanation of difference between probability and chance.
    https://www.vedantu.com/maths/chance-and-probability.

You may also refer to the link mentioned by @IvarTheBoneless
    To be honest you could have searched it on your own.