Thoughts on BGs Farming

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

I wonder how many people was already doing this prior to this month but because of the extra rewards this month people are now starting to notice it 🤔.

There is no Manipulating going on with this method in my eyes.

If this isn't what they want then they need to reevaluate the whole VT of BGs.

You mean people camping out for easy Wins? I highly doubt that's what they want. How is that a competition? Much less fair to the Players being pecked off. I've heard that justification countless times. "If they allow it then it's fair."
    There are also players being propelled forward who probably don't deserve it. So it's balanced in a way I guess? If those low accounts play enough they will also face the big guys who need to forfeit to stay in that tier. So they will eventually get out since win = gain 2 and lose = lose 1.
    There are no winners in that. People who haven't earned the Wins are being pushed up, some to their own frustration because they hit real competition after that. The people getting pecked off are not being helped. The "peckers" aren't earning their Rewards fairly either. Then Kabam has to look at ways to prevent it that affect the entire system. There is no good that comes from manipulating the Matchmaking.
    I was led to believe that if you best the opponent Kamam assigned you then you've earned the rewards. Was the person who said that wrong?

Mackey said:

I don't see the issue. You're giving people free wins, some of which would have 0 chance to beat you. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

I thought the same thing, it's almost as though some are playing it properly to grind their points where others are working smarter and getting the same points for less effort. Bitterness 🤷‍♂️
    People just don't like strategy. Is there gonna be a thread made about throwing the second fight to ensure you win the third? Shouldn't that be considered cheating too?
    If you can’t find the deficiencies in that analogy, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Please explain it to me.
    For starters…. You both entered the match to win. If you lose a round on purpose to burn a defender and set yourself to ultimately when 2 of 3… that’s within the spirit of the match to ultimately succeed. No one is entering the match with the intent to not advance.

This is opposed to you entering a match with elders marks against someone with a lesser account with elders marks so that you can destroy them when you should have advanced out of that ranking long ago. For the next 3 matches you will tank with energy and start the process all over again.

The former is winning a match which is the point. The other is sandbagging and exploiting matchmaking to the detriment of other summoners in various ways.

(I am assuming you weren’t being obtuse when you asked to explain why your analogy fails).
    Are you able to choose your opponent before selecting Marks or Energy to enter the fight?
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,098 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Mackey said:

I wonder how many people was already doing this prior to this month but because of the extra rewards this month people are now starting to notice it 🤔.

You mean people camping out for easy Wins? I highly doubt that's what they want. How is that a competition? Much less fair to the Players being pecked off. I've heard that justification countless times. "If they allow it then it's fair."
    There are also players being propelled forward who probably don't deserve it. So it's balanced in a way I guess? If those low accounts play enough they will also face the big guys who need to forfeit to stay in that tier. So they will eventually get out since win = gain 2 and lose = lose 1.
    How many lower accounts do you figure are lucky enough to hit 3-4 energy tanking matches in a row? I am guessing not many. I highly doubt these lower accounts are getting pushed up levels as you claim.

You have 3 groups active at any time:
    - the summoners playing the mode straight up
    - Sandbaggers using elders marks
    - Sandbaggers using energy to lose

They are going to get wrecked in 2 out of 3 in those scenarios.
    They should have been wrecked since Bronze.. but the system was fixed to saved them from it until Plat...
    Kabam is the one who decided to put the small fish in a barrel...
    So beat them up on the way to GC. The farming method, you guys would be doing the same thing to them in bronze. You have no moral high ground on this line of argument
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

Mackey said:

I don't see the issue. You're giving people free wins, some of which would have 0 chance to beat you. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

I thought the same thing, it's almost as though some are playing it properly to grind their points where others are working smarter and getting the same points for less effort. Bitterness 🤷‍♂️
    People just don't like strategy. Is there gonna be a thread made about throwing the second fight to ensure you win the third? Shouldn't that be considered cheating too?
    If you can’t find the deficiencies in that analogy, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Please explain it to me.
    For starters…. You both entered the match to win. If you lose a round on purpose to burn a defender and set yourself to ultimately when 2 of 3… that’s within the spirit of the match to ultimately succeed. No one is entering the match with the intent to not advance.

This is opposed to you entering a match with elders marks against someone with a lesser account with elders marks so that you can destroy them when you should have advanced out of that ranking long ago. For the next 3 matches you will tank with energy and start the process all over again.

The former is winning a match which is the point. The other is sandbagging and exploiting matchmaking to the detriment of other summoners in various ways.

(I am assuming you weren’t being obtuse when you asked to explain why your analogy fails).
    I noticed you replied here but didn't on my reply. I'm curious to hear what you think because you don't choose who you match when selecting energy vs elder marks and you keep using a faux term "spirit of competition/the match".

Mackey said:

How many lower accounts do you figure are lucky enough to hit 3-4 energy tanking matches in a row? I am guessing not many. I highly doubt these lower accounts are getting pushed up levels as you claim.

Tell that to my alli mates who acvidently got pushed into GC when they weren't fast enough in forfeiting. It's not a simple 2/3 because using energy to forfeit = double using elder marks to win.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

There are no winners in that. People who haven't earned the Wins are being pushed up, some to their own frustration because they hit real competition after that. The people getting pecked off are not being helped. The "peckers" aren't earning their Rewards fairly either. Then Kabam has to look at ways to prevent it that affect the entire system. There is no good that comes from manipulating the Matchmaking.
    I was led to believe that if you best the opponent Kamam assigned you then you've earned the rewards. Was the person who said that wrong?
    Maybe if that system reflected the actual ability through the results. Not faking the skill level for easy prey.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★

It seems a lot of people are losing a bunch of matches on purpose with energy and then getting easy wins with elder marks pretty much since there's no prestige based matchmaking on Diamond leagues. Thoughts? Should Kabam do something about it yes or no? Why?

I love it when the other person quits, LOL.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

They should have been wrecked since Bronze.. but the system was fixed to saved them from it until Plat...
    So beat them up on the way to GC. The farming method, you guys would be doing the same thing to them in bronze. You have no moral high ground on this line of argument
    Who said i was argueing moral high ground?...
    Fixing up tiers up to play is inmoral from the get go... And it happened for many seasons and it will keep on happening on future ones... People are taking advantage of this system for 1 season... Maximizing their return on elder mark use...
    1- its a system they created..
    2- its 1 season only where it matters..
    3- In a monetized/capitalized game like this there is no morals.. its just resource management...

It seems a lot of people are losing a bunch of matches on purpose with energy and then getting easy wins with elder marks pretty much since there's no prestige based matchmaking on Diamond leagues. Thoughts? Should Kabam do something about it yes or no? Why?

I love it when the other person quits, LOL.
    You might have come up against me on a bad Match. Hahaha. You're welcome. 😜

Mackey said:

Maybe if that system reflected the actual ability through the results. Not faking the skill level for easy prey.
    What, exactly, do you mean by "faking the skill level for easy prey"? Kabam picks the matches and if you win you "earn" the rewards, right?
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Fixing up tiers up to play is inmoral from the get go... And it happened for many seasons and it will keep on happening on future ones... People are taking advantage of this system for 1 season... Maximizing their return on elder mark use...
    3- In a monetized/capitalized game like this there is no morals.. its just resource management...
    I do love that this is an issue because it's happening in the tier where Kabam removes the prestige matchmaking and gives fair random matches. If Paragons didn't have to spend 15 tiers facing nothing but 17k+ matches they wouldn't need to farm.

Mackey said:

What, exactly, do you mean by "faking the skill level for easy prey"? Kabam picks the matches and if you win you "earn" the rewards, right?
    I know when someone is being flippant.
    I'm sure I was clear about what I'm talking about, and the reasons it's a problem. Manipulating Matches is shady, and it affects the system. The fact that people are still justifying it after the adjustments we've gone through just shows the persistence some have to cheat the system.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

I noticed you replied here but didn't on my reply. I'm curious to hear what you think because you don't choose who you match when selecting energy vs elder marks and you keep using a faux term "spirit of competition/the match".
    Is it really a faux term? You said so yourself in your previous post that this isn’t want Kabam “intended” - anyone off the street looking at the mode would conclude that the goal is to advance through the levels via competition and winning. Farming is purposefully losing. Can you see where kabam has put that forward as a strategy? Or just in mobile gaming or any game in general…. Is there a legitimate competition where you want to lose on purpose to win?

Maybe when declaring income to get ia lower tax burden, but I think we all really know what “spirit of competition” is..
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Some of you are acting like these massive whales accounts are doing this. People who do this can't get to GC because they lack skill or roster or both. So if you have some skill you should be able to push past if not then you are where you're meant to be. It's really not that big of a deal.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

Is it really a faux term? You said so yourself in your previous post that this isn’t want Kabam “intended” - anyone off the street looking at the mode would conclude that the goal is to advance through the levels via competition and winning. Farming is purposefully losing. Can you see where kabam has put that forward as a strategy? Or just in mobile gaming or any game in general…. Is there a legitimate competition where you want to lose on purpose to win?

Maybe when declaring income to get ia lower tax burden, but I think we all really know what “spirit of competition” is..
    Sometimes you will lose a round to win the match

Mackey said:

I'm sure I was clear about what I'm talking about, and the reasons it's a problem. Manipulating Matches is shady, and it affects the system. The fact that people are still justifying it after the adjustments we've gone through just shows the persistence some have to cheat the system.
    Did you post your opposition to this type of manipulation in the Santa Bagging thread?
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

When hero use event is on, I put a team of 7* and auto fight RTTL 4 times to get all the milestones. Do you think it’s cheating/not in the spirit of the game of competition? If kabam puts juicy milestone rewards, people use strategy to get those rewards. No one is being harmed in this.
    And I guess you were not on the forums when people kept harping about GC being the true competition when they were defending the flawed account strength based matchmaking system.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    To me, it’s not a problem because there really isn’t a victim. The tiers of the solo reward event are negligibly different from each other.

This really does make it clear that the solo event additions were poorly designed. There should’ve been a work around, fast track or bonus points for people who reached GC.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

So doesn't that spirit of competition also apply to the solo and alliance events with ranked rewards?

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

I do love that this is an issue because it's happening in the tier where Kabam removes the prestige matchmaking and gives fair random matches. If Paragons didn't have to spend 15 tiers facing nothing but 17k+ matches they wouldn't need to farm.
    Exactly my point...
    There is a big difference between being the small fish in the sea and being a fish in a barrel... Kabam created this barrel.
    I don't understand why people are upset about this when its only for 1 season and IT HAS NOTHING to do with the competition or PVP... Its being done to maximize points or minimum requirements set by alliances to get rewards...
    After the points are reached people are gonna move on, also the fact that those accounts with "disadvantage" are being given free points for their milestones...
    TyEdge said:

To me, it’s not a problem because there really isn’t a victim. The tiers of the solo reward event are negligibly different from each other.

This really does make it clear that the solo event additions were poorly designed. There should’ve been a work around, fast track or bonus points for people who reached GC.

How so? You don't stop once you reach GC. I'm in gc got 525k in solo. People who are farming can't reach GC.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

Solo and alliance milestone awards have no impact on the PVP competition itself...
    DL864 said:

TyEdge said:

How so? You don't stop once you reach GC. I'm in gc got 525k in solo. People who are farming can't reach GC.
    That's a players choice.. due to this poor design alliances have set a minimum requirement.. mostly at 400k... If you are in GC at 525k points and still using elder marks that a choice u made.. I rather save them for next season and use energy in GC

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

So doesn't that spirit of competition also apply to the solo and alliance events with ranked rewards?
    Which can be achieved through winning with elders marks, energy, advancing and grinding … or through losing on purpose to make sure you never advance as you take advantage of an exploit to make your life easier. Pretty obvious the latter doesn’t fall into that definition…. Which is why we have multiple pages of forum posts justifying it via other criteria to make the farmers/Sandbaggers feel better.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Well while we all discussing the ethic of BG farming, we still have players with big account (at least to me), still trying pull this kind of things.

It is kind of sad:-
    1) to be at the size of account and still trying this low "tactic"

2) played to that level and still doesn't realise Kabam have changed the matching system.

And this is not the only one, if players are still trying this low of a "tactic", then I don't really know if farming is a big deal.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

Which can be achieved through winning with elders marks, energy, advancing and grinding … or through losing on purpose to make sure you never advance as you take advantage of an exploit to make your life easier. Pretty obvious the latter doesn’t fall into that definition…. Which is why we have multiple pages of forum posts justifying it via other criteria to make the farmers/Sandbaggers feel better.
    Pretty obvious it is the most efficient way to rank the highest though. While for the VT/GC the most efficient way is to try to get as much consecutive wins as possible. So yeah spirit of competition doesn't mean anything on it's own - you have to see it in the context of the competition.

And it seems like you didn't notice but there are 2 seperate competions going on since the increased rewards from solo/alli events. That's what I'm trying to get through to you.
    TyEdge said:

This is a pretty flippant take to say there aren’t victims. When large accounts are hanging back with a huge roster and beating up lesser paragons and below who are trying to advance when you should already be in GC, they aren’t affected? “I’m not a victim of it, so I don’t care” is more accurate.
    Fryday said:

Well while we all discussing the ethic of BG farming, we still have players with big account (at least to me), still trying pull this kind of things.

It is kind of sad:-
    1) to be at the size of account and still trying this low "tactic"

2) played to that level and still doesn't realise Kabam have changed the matching system.

And this is not the only one, if players are still trying this low of a "tactic", then I don't really know if farming is a big deal.

Its sad cause its a "tactic" that stopped working since season 2... So its not even a tactic ...

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

Pretty obvious it is the most efficient way to rank the highest though. While for the VT/GC the most efficient way is to try to get as much consecutive wins as possible. So yeah spirit of competition doesn't mean anything on it's own - you have to see it in the context of the competition.

And it seems like you didn't notice but there are 2 seperate competions going on since the increased rewards from solo/alli events. That's what I'm trying to get through to you.
    You aren’t competing. You have the ability to spam exploit. Justify it however you want- doesn’t change what’s actually going on

Mackey said:

Did you post your opposition to this type of manipulation in the Santa Bagging thread?
    Did I post my support for it? No.

Mackey said:

Please explain it to me.

You aren’t competing. You have the ability to spam exploit. Justify it however you want- doesn’t change what’s actually going on
    You are competing for the highest rank in solo/alli events. Spin it how you want u won't change it