**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Am I crazy to be thinking about R5’ng Absorbing Man ahead of Doom?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
So I decided to buy an Odin and got a Mystic R4-R5 Gem.

Doom was my first Mystic R4, and he’s great. I’ve max sigged him, have MD at level 4, and certainly use him. However, I run suicides a solid chunk of the time and he’s obviously less than optimal in that mode. My BG mastery setup generally does NOT have suicides though, so he’s pretty key there.

Despite really liking Doom, I recently max sigged my Absorbing man and he is a beast. Stronger in suicides obviously. I definitely do not have him mastered at the level I have Doom mastered, but I’m slowly getting there. Since I’m not quite as good with him yet, I feel like I might actually get more benefit with him at R5 to make up for my less than optimal play. And Doom already seems so tough at R4 I’m not sure it would be as much of a benefit for me.

So what do you think? Am I crazy?

Am I crazy to be thinking about R5’ng Absorbing Man ahead of Doom? 104 votes

Yes, you are crazy. Take Doom to R5 first.
25%
JhhhhjjjFeeney234KaspYTNinoBSDoom_and_GloomMoosetiptronicKpratish1997Luke9523VedantMehtaChriissRLegionnaireRenaxqqBeastDadBen_15455jdeck59Dkcody426HAVOC6INC_6GoldenDadwillrun4adonutChris_Summers 26 votes
No, you are not. Absorbing Man should get R5 first - particularly given what you described above.
73%
DL864BitterSteelMagicBentonGK_23Vegeta9001TerraMagrailothosCat_MurdockEazypickinsBluestoneSyndicatedMrTicTac19992008RasiloverrockykostonCyborgNinja135dfmoore26rcm2017Logan00MaxtheSilentRisenfromhell 76 votes
Neither. Pick someone else (Rintrah, Claire, etc)
1%
Erza_Scarlethoundogακι 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    You do whatever you prefer, IMO. This is a game. Go have fun.

My only input is that the extra combat power from the r5 might help Abs Man more, because Dooms already gets extra power from his abilities.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 761 ★★★
    Interesting post. I have a mystic gem & enough sigs to take Abs to 200, but also am not the best at using him w/ the whole light intercepting strategy. Aside from mystic spidey, I don't have anyone worth using it on. I'm really tempted but something keeps holding me back. Curious to see how this poll ends up. Most likely help me decide as well. Thx OP
  • Options

Interesting post. I have a mystic gem & enough sigs to take Abs to 200, but also am not the best at using him w/ the whole light intercepting strategy. Aside from mystic spidey, I don't have anyone worth using it on. I'm really tempted but something keeps holding me back. Curious to see how this poll ends up. Most likely help me decide as well. Thx OP

The light intercepts are what I’m still working on as well, but I’ve found the timing to be less of an issue since I max sigged him. Otherwise it would be a no brainer just to R5 Doom.
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    No, you are not. Absorbing Man should get R5 first - particularly given what you described above.
    Absorbing man is better. Doom had a good reign but abs man has gained the crown.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★

Absorbing man is better. Doom had a good reign but abs man has gained the crown.

Doom is still better with his power control , which exactly what mystics should be doing . I'll put Rintrah above Abs Man . Rintrah is better . I have all 3 at r4.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,876 ★★★★★
    your game, do what you want
    rank up that abs man and have a good time
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Doom is still better with his power control , which exactly what mystics should be doing . I'll put Rintrah above Abs Man . Rintrah is better . I have all 3 at r4.
    Ok cool but no
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 321 ★★
    There are no rules for ranking up one over another. Everything about ranking up is merely an opinion of a person.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    I have doom at r5 because he is doom, but brutally honestly, he isn't even in my top 10 favourite champs to play, he is great at what he does, but I just got over him real quick, and love absorbing man's utility and basically choice of immunities, poison immune with a synergy and black uru basically makes him immune to suicides.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Rank up whoever you personally like and use more. I also have a rank 5 mystic, and it ain't Doom despite him being at r4 and max sig. I just personally like Rintrah more. In fact, chances are that Doom is going to sit comfy at r4 for a long time, just as he sat at r3 for a long time before I finally pulled the trigger and ranked him up further long after I started r4'ing champions regularly. I like Doom but he's kind of in the same camp as Archangel and Human Torch - they get by really well at lower ranks, so there are a lot of other champs I'd rather rank up ahead of them.

I also really enjoy Absorbing Man so it's possible that he'll go up next among my mystic champions. Then there are Tigra, and Mojo, and only after that is probably Doom. For me personally.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 471 ★★★
    In the end it will come to who you like to play more, with suicides you should go with Abs first. Great damage, utility etc.
    If I was in your situation Abs would go straight to r5. Doom is great, but boring TBH. I have Doom at r3 and Abs at r4 and I barely use Doom and have no intentions to take him r4 any time soon.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 476 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    This is a game we all should enjoy, so rank up which champ you like most. I’m ranking Juggs up first, personally.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,104 ★★★★★
    I will r5 Psycho man over the likes of Nimrod and Ghost...not feeling crazy anymore are you...
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    Yes, you are crazy. Take Doom to R5 first.
    Flat out insane.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    I have both at r5 but i took abs man up first because i use him a lot in bgs and aw. Do what you want, it's your account and Doom at r4 is already a beast, so you can take him up after if you prefer.. no choice is wrong.
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger today. Thanks for all the input folks.